Have you immersed yourself in Jesus's Mercy today?

There could be nothing less complicated than Jesus' message. Union with YHWH is by the avenue provided by YHWH.

What struck me in Gospel study years ago, is that I could not find a single time when Jesus spoke of forgiveness of sins being a future event after his death. In his own time, he always used the present tense: Your sins are forgiven and repentance for the forgiveness of sins (i.e., not sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins). Temple authorities immediately challenged him. By whose authority did he preach this new tenet or message? What was the sign it was from God.

In the Old Testament, all new tenets-covenants-testaments involved a blood sacrifice. What sacrifice had taken place to introduce this new testament, this new covenant, between God and man? Temple authorities demanded to know.

Jesus was crucified for his insistence that sins are forgiven, and he readily gave his life rather than recant. His blood was the blood ushering in the New Testament, but God never does anything in half measures. Jesus was resurrected from the dead.

Jesus also spoke of repentance for the forgiveness of sins; of discerning the will of God and obedience to it.

I know people insist that someone had to be punished for the sins of mankind and that Jesus took on this punishment. I know scripture notes that Jesus died for our sins, so that sins are forgiven. Even in Jesus' and the Apostles' day Jews criticized the idea people could sin and be forgiven without effort on the part of the sinner. Since Apostolic times to this day, Catholics have been taught repentance for the forgiveness of sins, and that sins are forgiven.

I know that some people follow the belief that from the minute they are born, all sins they will ever commit are already forgiven. That is what Jesus' message, death, and resurrection means to them.
contrary to your sunday school education----animal
sacrifice was never considered sufficient for "forgiveness"-----repentence was and remains paramount in pharisaic judaism. One can also
NOT BUY "indulgences". "Temple authorities"
challenged Jesus for discarding animal sacrifice?
I read the NT------must have been left out of every
copy I read-----added to the "Nun's Catechism"?

Never said it was. I said it was a customary sign of a covenant between God and His people.
right---it was customary but by the AD era became
extinct by ----well "rabbinical decree" There was
no longer an ECONOMIC imperative for feeding
the tribe that was denied HEREDITARY LAND
(like me---the levites)

You made clear that you don't know why you were created. It was implied by your post. You were created to worship God.

Childhood cancer doesn't make me the least bit uncomfortable. I see the argument as naive because it is built on false premises.

"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to the patient ones. Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: “Truly! To Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.” They are those on whom are the Salawat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided-ones." Quran 2:155-157

"Everyone is going to taste death, and We shall make a trial of you with evil and with good, and to Us you will be returned." Quran 21:35

"Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: “We believe,” and will not be tested. And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allaah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allaah knows all that before putting them to test)." 29:2-3

It was narrated from Anas bin Malik that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.”

The Prophet ﷺ said: “When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for him in this world, and when Allaah wills ill for His slave, he withholds the punishment for his sins from him until he comes with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi

Your so-called "god" kills innocent children. He's no better than an abortionist. Hell, he's probably worse, when you consider that a child who dies from cancer is aware that they're suffering, and that they did nothing to deserve that suffering. You say it doesn't make you the least bit comfortable, but you clumsily dodge it by saying it's built on a false premise.

Bullshit.

Your god created it. Your god decides which innocent children suffer. So, don't be a chickenshit, let's talk about it. Don't throw you gibberish at me from some book. Make the argument yourself. You don't want to because you're far too intellectually inept to make a coherent argument.

People like you are the ones who should suffer from cancer, not some four year old little girl who's not even had the chance to learn who your god is...

Your so-called "god" kills innocent children. He's no better than an abortionist. Hell, he's probably worse, when you consider that a child who dies from cancer is aware that they're suffering, and that they did nothing to deserve that suffering. You say it doesn't make you the least bit comfortable, but you clumsily dodge it by saying it's built on a false premise.

Bullshit.

Your god created it. Your god decides which innocent children suffer. So, don't be a chickenshit, let's talk about it. Don't throw you gibberish at me from some book. Make the argument yourself. You don't want to because you're far too intellectually inept to make a coherent argument.

People like you are the ones who should suffer from cancer, not some four year old little girl who's not even had the chance to learn who your god is...
Ok, first of all, you're not participating in the discussion — you're having a monologue and secondly you're incredibly rude and I don't wish to speak to you.

Ok, first of all, you're not participating in the discussion — you're having a monologue and secondly you're incredibly rude and I don't wish to speak to you.

Hey, shit-for-brains, the only reason I'm having a monologue is because you're too much of a coward to discuss why your "god" kills children.

I tend to be rude to idiots who can't think for themselves and, instead, post religious drivel stolen from some book. Know this: The reason you refuse to have a discussion with me isn't because I'm rude. You're refusing to have a discussion with me because you're afraid to.

And everyone here knows it...

So tell me, why did he supposedly die?
Perhaps in order to demonstrate resurrection. Perhaps to convince his disciples of his unique power.
The only thing that counts is what an individual receives from asking, seeking and knocking, as Jesus put it. Direct, personal connection.

Perhaps in order to demonstrate resurrection. Perhaps to convince his disciples of his unique power.
The only thing that counts is what an individual receives from asking, seeking and knocking, as Jesus put it. Direct, personal connection.
Oh his unique power? Did he raise himself up?

"God" would not have to tell anyone who understood the term "God" the unlimited capability the supreme entity would necessarily possess.
You just asked, how could mere humans know what God is capable..

There are plenty of people worshipping stones, celestial bodies and people etc. Clearly there is a need for some reminder.

Perhaps; how could mere humans tell you of what "God" is capable?

But they do, all the time. In fact it seems some of these religious people actually have a direct line to God and his wishes at all times, and these wishes, conveniently, seem to be the same wishes of the religious person.

That's a great big steaming load of horseshit.

You know how I know there's no God? Two words: Childhood cancer.

sigresultsfr.jpg

Your "God" causes that. Your God allows it to happen. Apparently, your God revels in the suffering of innocent children who haven't "fucked up".

And you defend it...
i have often had the thought that it is far better to die young... God takes these children b4 they are corrupted

sounds like a great idea to me

+

i have often had the thought that it is far better to die young... God takes these children b4 they are corrupted

sounds like a great idea to me

+
How much more so if, as according to some, it is an unborn, sinless creature.

Forum List

Back