Healthcare Projected To Cost Near $50 Trillion Over Next Ten Years

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Pseudocons scoff at the projected cost of "Medicare For All" being $35 trillion over the next ten years.

However, under our current system, healthcare in America will rack up an astounding $47 trillion over the next ten years!

https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statis...ealthExpendData/Downloads/ForecastSummary.pdf

Health spending is projected to grow 0.8 percentage point faster than Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per year over the 2018-27 period; as a result, the health share of GDP is expected to rise from 17.9 percent in 2017 to 19.4 percent by 2027.

<snip>

National health spending is projected to have grown 4.4 percent in 2018, up from 3.9 percent growth in 2017, and to have reached $3.6 trillion.

<snip>

National health expenditures are projected to grow 4.8 percent in 2019, up from 4.4 percent growth in 2018, and to reach $3.8 trillion.

<snip>

For 2020-27, national health spending growth is projected to average 5.7 percent, from 4.8 percent in 2019, and reach nearly $6.0 trillion by 2027. With nominal GDP growth expected to average 4.6 percent during this period, the health share of GDP is expected to increase to 19.4 percent by 2027, from 17.8 percent in 2019.

Notice the incredibly optimistic projection that GDP will grow an average of 4.6 percent. :lol:

Some dupe is going to come along and say that we need to repeal Obamacare to relieve the skyrocketing costs of healthcare.

Of course, the dupe's propagandists depend on the dupe having a memory of a goldfish and not remembering how fast healthcare costs were skyrocketing long before anyone even heard of Barack HUSSEIN Obama:

2013-09-Health-Care-Costs3-1.png

It’s crazy how much is spent on healthcare but good to understand as it is a much needed service. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the cost estimations for Medicare for all an additional 35 trillion over 10 years on top of current costs?

It’s crazy how much is spent on healthcare but good to understand as it is a much needed service. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the cost estimations for Medicare for all an additional 35 trillion over 10 years on top of current costs?
No, the $35 trillion is the total cost. Medicare For All would replace all current costs.

No, the $35 trillion is the total cost. Medicare For All would replace all current costs.
How is that possible? Medicare for all would theoretically mean millions more people would be going to the doctor so overall costs would dramatically go up. What is going to balance that out?

How is that possible? Medicare for all would theoretically mean millions more people would be going to the doctor so overall costs would dramatically go up. What is going to balance that out?
Our current system is one of the most expensive in the world.

Lower administrative costs. Every doctor's office has to employ several people to work out the bazillions of billing codes for each insurer for each procedure.

"Single payer" makes things more streamlined.

Is there a breakdown of those numbers so informed choices can be made or is it simply everyone panic time again
Here you go: Projected - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Talking real numbers for current costs. For instance largest generation is breaking down....how much is that driving costs. What happens when they are gone....shouldn't curve bend back. Govt projections are worthless.....they like to lie...Obama's stooges bragged about it.

Our current system is one of the most expensive in the world.
Yep. We are an extreme outlier:

per-capita-health-spending.jpg

Govt getting in healthcare caused a sky rocket in cost. Just like everything else the govt touches.
Why cant we get govt out of healthcare completely? Cash prices are cheap and would only get cheaper.
Orrr we could pass an amendment so the govt actually has the power for medicare for all.
I dont see either happening. You rubes love the govt abusing its power.

2 month long wait for heart surgery, here we come!
Hope you dilapidated old fucks can survive!

Is there a breakdown of those numbers so informed choices can be made or is it simply everyone panic time again
Here you go: Projected - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Talking real numbers for current costs. For instance largest generation is breaking down....how much is that driving costs. What happens when they are gone....shouldn't curve bend back. Govt projections are worthless.....they like to lie...Obama's stooges bragged about it.
Take a look at the chart in post 2.

Healthcare costs have been skyrocketing for at least six decades. Something has to be done.

Govt getting in healthcare caused a sky rocket in cost. Just like everything else the govt touches.
Why cant we get govt out of healthcare completely? Cash prices are cheap and would only get cheaper.
Orrr we could pass an amendment so the govt actually has the power for medicare for all.
I dont see either happening. You rubes love the govt abusing its power.
Here's the thing.

I am opposed to single payer healthcare. I totally agree that the more government meddles with healthcare, the more they cause costs to go up.

But none of that means fuck-all since the Republicans have NEVER stepped up to the plate to offer a solution. It is through their inaction, and the acceptance of the Rube Herd to go along with that inaction, that makes single payer inevitable.

And the fact is that single payer will probably end up being cheaper than going on the way we are going. Not as cheap as the ideas I have outlined on this forum countless times, but cheaper than Trump's fake, non-existent plan and the Republicans' fake, non-existent plan.

Forum List

Back