🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Healthcare: The Free Market vs. the ACA

A "free market" in health insurance, in the language of the GOP means, simply, if no one will sell you health insurance, you should go ahead and die, since you are a burden on society.
That is absurd. With the market controlling healthcare you will get a much better product than you will with heavy gov regulation.

Rob, as VP of underwriting for my entire career, it was my job to make damn sure that nobody was sold health insurance who was likely to cost us more in claims that they were likely to pay us in premiums. You are flat wrong.
Then you ought to know that insurance does not equate to welfare. The ACA has basically transformed it into such.

A "free market" in health insurance, in the language of the GOP means, simply, if no one will sell you health insurance, you should go ahead and die, since you are a burden on society.
That is absurd. With the market controlling healthcare you will get a much better product than you will with heavy gov regulation.

Rob, as VP of underwriting for my entire career, it was my job to make damn sure that nobody was sold health insurance who was likely to cost us more in claims that they were likely to pay us in premiums. You are flat wrong.
Then you ought to know that insurance does not equate to welfare. The ACA has basically transformed it into such.

I am very much aware that the Right sees anything that resembles concern for their fellow man as "welfare". As for me, I side with the entire rest of the industrialized world in that I support universal health care. Just like my not wanting to see the old starving to death for lack of Social Security, I don't want to watch the sick dying for lack of compassion of their fellow citizens.

There no doubt that private capital investment on a massive scale will be directed into the healthcare sector if we repeal ACA and leave it at that.

Really? How will that work?

Look, there was broad bipartisan support for common sense healthcare reforms. What happened instead is Dem's decided to cram a partisan government takeover down the peoples throats, it destroyed their party. So lets get back to that common sense list of healthcare reforms, which by the way was only 20 pages long vs 2000 pages.

We cannot wait to repeal the ACA until we have a replacement bill. This approach will doom our effort because the Dems will fight us every step of the way on every measure we propose, and this process will go on forever. Ultimately, nothing will really get done and we will be stuck with Obama's healthcare abortion of a law.

As an aside, one has to wonder why we even need the ACA or a replacement. The fact is that the market will take care of health care. Prior to the ACA nobody was denied Healthcare if they were poor and lacked insurance. If you went to a publicly funded hospital they were required to treat you.

Taking a page out of the Alinsky playbook, this is what we should do. Repeal, with no fallback except for the free market. This itself is the end result for me. The market will adapt and fall all over itself to offer health care products to the consumer. It will be a niche market in the sense that it is newly opened and it needs to be filled. Hell, given how large the healthcare market is in terms of dollars, the sudden capitalistic surge of interest and investment into this sector will probably cause macro-economic numbers to soar and our overall economy to prosper. There will be a health care "bubble". It would be huge.

I compare this approach to an Alinsky tactic because the idea is that first you create a crisis. Then you implement a solution. Most of the pussies in today's America lack the stomach for true, unfettered capitalism. Unfortunately, this is what happens when you let the common man have too much influence on governing. Consumers will demand "protections" and all sorts of nonsense that will diminish investment returns and, therefore, quell capital investment.

So, instead of spending years arguing over replacing the ACA, let's just kill it now. Then with the impending and fictitious Armageddon out there, we can force the Dems to the table to work out something. In other words, they will have to co-own any bullshit enacted to replace the ACA.

Obviously, we do not have 60 seats in the Senate, yet. We need to pass a law through budget reconciliation that deletes the ACA. We could save a couple of things in order to provide political shelter to members, like allowing kids to stay on parents' policies until 26. Then, after we euthanize the ACA we start debating what, if any, replacement law we need.

Again, my preference is for the market to govern healthcare. That is, in fact, what will govern unless the government takes that away from us. What will most likely happen upon the demise of the ACA is that there will be a massive rush into the healthcare sector by capital investors to take advantage of this new and wide-open market. The results would be spectacular. Hell, I would make it a part of the repeal bill that all capital gains in the healthcare industry will be taxed at only 2%. The money will literally POUR into the healthcare sector.

All of the horror tales of what will happen if the ACA is repealed is pure fiction. These projections are flawed because repeal will not take place in a vacuum. They assume no replacement regime. However, something WILL replace the ACA as the healthcare regulatory regime. The default, and the best, is the market.

Moreover, remember that these same people touting these end of times projections are the ones that said the stock market would crash if Trump was elected. In fact, these people could not have been more work. The Dow, for example, is surging wildly to new highs since Trump was elected.

Right now our Republican representatives are being cowards. They don't want to do anything that will cause them to lose their seats. Further, they cannot openly debate the possibility of having no replacement for the ACA because the Democrats are just too good at whipping up the people in a panic. Honestly, the Dems are just better at politics than we are. It has been This ways for years now, partly because they have no problem with being backstabbing liars. But that is what we are dealing with.

We need to sneak this repeal into the budget reconciliation process that is coming up shortly and ram that fucker through with no debate. Once the "crisis" is in place with the ACA gone, then we can pass some bipartisan stop-gap measures for the short time between the death of the ACA and the market forces taking hold. It will be a very short time, by the way.

This is one of the pieces to the puzzle we must put together if we are going to save America. Electing Trump and Republican reps, Senators, and others is not enough. We need BOLD moves. If we do not take these bold moves then we will never get rid of this clusterfuck ACA and will most likely end up with a single-payer system when the ACA collapses, which is the intended result sought by ACA proponents (and a very Alinsky scheme).

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

A free market in healthcare simply means that those who can't afford it go without.
Those who cannot afford healthcare do not go without. You made a false statement, Carbineer.

They do if there's a free market. It's like a free market in new cars. How many people who cannot afford the market price of a new car get a new car in a free market?

None.

In regards to the area of health care, there can be no "free market". But even if one could avoid the problems of almost perfect inelastic demand and implement some form of "free market" health care delivery, there would be so many barriers to alloccative efficiency that the inefficiencies would drain the economy dry.

Oh wait, that is what the ENTIRE WORLD has already figured out.

We cannot wait to repeal the ACA until we have a replacement bill. This approach will doom our effort because the Dems will fight us every step of the way on every measure we propose, and this process will go on forever. Ultimately, nothing will really get done and we will be stuck with Obama's healthcare abortion of a law.

As an aside, one has to wonder why we even need the ACA or a replacement. The fact is that the market will take care of health care. Prior to the ACA nobody was denied Healthcare if they were poor and lacked insurance. If you went to a publicly funded hospital they were required to treat you.

Taking a page out of the Alinsky playbook, this is what we should do. Repeal, with no fallback except for the free market. This itself is the end result for me. The market will adapt and fall all over itself to offer health care products to the consumer. It will be a niche market in the sense that it is newly opened and it needs to be filled. Hell, given how large the healthcare market is in terms of dollars, the sudden capitalistic surge of interest and investment into this sector will probably cause macro-economic numbers to soar and our overall economy to prosper. There will be a health care "bubble". It would be huge.

I compare this approach to an Alinsky tactic because the idea is that first you create a crisis. Then you implement a solution. Most of the pussies in today's America lack the stomach for true, unfettered capitalism. Unfortunately, this is what happens when you let the common man have too much influence on governing. Consumers will demand "protections" and all sorts of nonsense that will diminish investment returns and, therefore, quell capital investment.

So, instead of spending years arguing over replacing the ACA, let's just kill it now. Then with the impending and fictitious Armageddon out there, we can force the Dems to the table to work out something. In other words, they will have to co-own any bullshit enacted to replace the ACA.

Obviously, we do not have 60 seats in the Senate, yet. We need to pass a law through budget reconciliation that deletes the ACA. We could save a couple of things in order to provide political shelter to members, like allowing kids to stay on parents' policies until 26. Then, after we euthanize the ACA we start debating what, if any, replacement law we need.

Again, my preference is for the market to govern healthcare. That is, in fact, what will govern unless the government takes that away from us. What will most likely happen upon the demise of the ACA is that there will be a massive rush into the healthcare sector by capital investors to take advantage of this new and wide-open market. The results would be spectacular. Hell, I would make it a part of the repeal bill that all capital gains in the healthcare industry will be taxed at only 2%. The money will literally POUR into the healthcare sector.

All of the horror tales of what will happen if the ACA is repealed is pure fiction. These projections are flawed because repeal will not take place in a vacuum. They assume no replacement regime. However, something WILL replace the ACA as the healthcare regulatory regime. The default, and the best, is the market.

Moreover, remember that these same people touting these end of times projections are the ones that said the stock market would crash if Trump was elected. In fact, these people could not have been more work. The Dow, for example, is surging wildly to new highs since Trump was elected.

Right now our Republican representatives are being cowards. They don't want to do anything that will cause them to lose their seats. Further, they cannot openly debate the possibility of having no replacement for the ACA because the Democrats are just too good at whipping up the people in a panic. Honestly, the Dems are just better at politics than we are. It has been This ways for years now, partly because they have no problem with being backstabbing liars. But that is what we are dealing with.

We need to sneak this repeal into the budget reconciliation process that is coming up shortly and ram that fucker through with no debate. Once the "crisis" is in place with the ACA gone, then we can pass some bipartisan stop-gap measures for the short time between the death of the ACA and the market forces taking hold. It will be a very short time, by the way.

This is one of the pieces to the puzzle we must put together if we are going to save America. Electing Trump and Republican reps, Senators, and others is not enough. We need BOLD moves. If we do not take these bold moves then we will never get rid of this clusterfuck ACA and will most likely end up with a single-payer system when the ACA collapses, which is the intended result sought by ACA proponents (and a very Alinsky scheme).

solve simple poverty on an at-will basis; and the markets can only then, do their capital job.

A free market in healthcare simply means that those who can't afford it go without.
Those who cannot afford healthcare do not go without. You made a false statement, Carbineer.

They do if there's a free market. It's like a free market in new cars. How many people who cannot afford the market price of a new car get a new car in a free market?

None.
It just burns you up if somebody has more and better stuff than you, doesn't it? Leftist ideology appeals to the most base levels of humans. It is disgusting. It is as if the leftist scum is willfully un-evolved feral animals.

None.
Leftist ideology appeals to the most base levels of humans.

Unintentional irony is always the best.

None.
It just burns you up if somebody has more and better stuff than you, doesn't it? Leftist ideology appeals to the most base levels of humans. It is disgusting. It is as if the leftist scum is willfully un-evolved feral animals.
simple, equal protection of the law for the poor, will do; under our form of Capitalism.

None.
simple, equal protection of the law for the poor, will do; under our form of Capitalism.
Equal protection does not mandate that everyone is entitled to the same degree of healthcare. Healthcare would have to be made into a legal right FIRST. This is an absurd idea that will diminish the quality of our healthcare.

Given your leftist sensibilities, maybe you would be happier living in Cuba?

Health care is a necessity. The "free market " does not act the in the traditional sense when it comes to a necessary good/service .

They would litterally let people die on the street and gouge the rest of us .

Can't be done, sorry. The laws regarding insurance in the individual states require the filing of the plans about a year in advance. The law does not allow for instantaneous creation of plans.

None.

lol, you sure ran away from the subject with that one.

Tell us,

how does the free market provide healthcare for those who can't afford to pay the market prices for it?

Can't be done, sorry. The laws regarding insurance in the individual states require the filing of the plans about a year in advance. The law does not allow for instantaneous creation of plans.
It can if the laws are changed to get the gov out of our healthcare choices.

None.

lol, you sure ran away from the subject with that one.

Tell us,

how does the free market provide healthcare for those who can't afford to pay the market prices for it?
You and your hick clan can go to a publicly funded hospital 24/7 and get health care. You then fill out a financial statement for indigence and get the debt forgiven. This has always been the case. In addition, I have said nothing about repealing Medicaid or a Medicare.

Your problem (aside from the obvious personality calamities) is that you have an unfairly biased view of capitalism. It is one of your triggers, as it is for all the leftist scum.

It's not that easy, sorry. It's not like the insurance companies have a set of plans in a drawer waiting for this. They have to create plans, file the plans through the State, file for the rates through the State and bare in mind that it wouldn't be just one company. The logistics simply won't allow for a quick fix.

Health care is a necessity. The "free market " does not act the in the traditional sense when it comes to a necessary good/service .

They would litterally let people die on the street and gouge the rest of us .
The market will not "literally let people die". Lol!

In addition, your scumbag people can jump up and down on the safety net all they want. We would still have Medicaid, Medicare, and indigent care.

You are just like that dirty prick, Carbineer: when you hear that trigger you turn-off your brains and default to installed leftist responses. You ought to be thankful that most of us on the right are good, God-fearing people, because if it were up to me I would enslave you mindless fuckers and send you to the Gulags.

It's not that easy, sorry. It's not like the insurance companies have a set of plans in a drawer waiting for this. They have to create plans, file the plans through the State, file for the rates through the State and bare in mind that it wouldn't be just one company. The logistics simply won't allow for a quick fix.
Maybe not in the current regulatory structure. Maybe that structure needs to be substantially modified. Maybe we repeal with an effective repeal date 1-2 yrs down the road in order to reform this.

Look, I hear you. It is complicated. But every problem has a solution. We just have to have the will to overcome these obstacles in order to get the government out of of private healthcare decisions.

Forum List

Back