Heartbeat act fails in Nebraska

I never said it wasn't human life.

I said it's not a person yet. All human cells are human life but not all human cells are persons in either the legal or philosophical sense.
It is always a person, with separate DNA, keep the wrong legal decisions and especially your philosophical sense. It will never be anything but a human, no matter how you, or lawyers, or philosophers try to call it something else.

It is always a person, with separate DNA, keep the wrong legal decisions and especially your philosophical sense. It will never be anything but a human, no matter how you, or lawyers, or philosophers try to call it something else.

No

A cell with unique DNA is not a person in any sense of the word it is merely a POTENTIAL person.

“The thing they are ending is unable to speak or advocate for themselves …the truest class of a voiceless oppressed people …”

This is almost comical. A “thing” not even born … is suddenly transformed into “a voiceless oppressed people”! And all just in a few keystrokes!
You are such a hateful piece of shit.

You’re the monstrous “thing” that should be denied personhood, moronic bigot.

“The thing they are ending is unable to speak or advocate for themselves …the truest class of a voiceless oppressed people …”

This is almost comical. A “thing” not even born … is suddenly transformed into “a voiceless oppressed people”! And all just in a few keystrokes!

This is what happens in fevered imaginations, when sober and rational language is replaced by ideological hysteria. Sober scientific language better captures what is truly amazing here, and can better guide us to adopt positive and compassionate humanist policies — policies that in the end respect a fully grown and responsible human female’s rights above the tiny “thing” growing within her.

The “thing” is of course a fertilized human egg or a zygote which when implanted in a woman’s womb can grow into a human fetus and eventually be born. Yes, the fetus has its own DNA. Yes, it can “die” … and so is “alive.” At first this living “clump of cells” can be simply washed away with a “day after pill” or fail to implant, later it can “naturally” stop developing in a miscarriage, or its development can be intentionally ended when a woman who did not want or plan to become pregnant decides to take a modern “abortion pill.”

A zygote or fetus is unique living tissue, with the capacity — in the right circumstances — to develop into a tiny helpless human being.

On the other hand, in thousands of fertility clinics around the world, clinics whose very purpose is to help women and men have children, there are millions of human eggs fertilized outside of the womb and cytogenetically frozen, completely organically inactive. They can later be (depending on the contracted terms of fertility clinic & clients) implanted into the womb of any healthy young woman to continue developing. Many of these frozen zygotes will eventually end up being donated for scientific research or just destroyed — are they too part of the “voiceless oppressed people” Mr. Friscus worries about?

There is so much more that can be said about real modern life in the 21st century. Do some really want to go back to the “horse and buggy” era? Mustn’t we try to go forward instead?

We certainly don’t live in a science fiction movie on a rocket ship, preserving the last precious frozen zygotes of humanity, planning — with the help of a few nubile female astronauts or slave girls — to recreate the human race on a new planet. That is not what I’m talking about.

We live on earth, a planet already with too many people, too much poverty and ignorance, too little freedom and human compassion, too much nutty politics.

In my opinion it is good the “heartbeat bill without a heart” lost. It will be a good thing too if cynical mysogenist MAGA Republicans continue to pay a high price in lost votes for capitulating to evangelical fruitcakes and fake “Moral Majority” absolutists.
Well, don’t you seem like quite the level-headed, honest participant to discuss this issue with.. LOL

You are such a hateful piece of shit.
You’re the monstrous “thing” that should be denied personhood, moronic bigot.

You are really amusing. Very very stupid, but amusing.

I was specifically quoting somebody else in my comment, somebody who at least tried to provide a reasonable argument, someone moreover who agrees with your side on abortion.

But rather than read thoughtfully, and criticize thoughtfully, or even try just to understand what I was saying, you react with typical knee-jerk moronic insults. YOU are the only hateful one here. Blinded to all reason by your own ignorance and prejudice.

Not murder and not a single state defines it as such.
People who reference the law as their argument don’t realize that they thus supported Jim Crow and all other evils… because at that time, it was the law.

It’s an uncompeling, rather pointless “argument”. Laws change, in case you hadn’t noticed.. and that’s what we’re discussing.. what should be, not just blandly and obviously what is.

Hell, you guys had a conniption when Roe V Wade was overturned (and used such extreme language that a SCOTUS judge was nearly assassinated) why? It’s the law.

Well, don’t you seem like quite the level-headed, honest participant to discuss this issue with.. LOL
Well, thank you very much!
Now why don’t you try to actually discuss the issue …
Maybe this time you can be a little clearer in your language?
Or tell us more about that “thing” you mentioned?

You are really amusing. Very very stupid, but amusing.
Nothing amusing about your hate, ignorance, and stupidity, bigoted trash.

YOU are the only hateful one here.
Oh I’m so sorry your hatemonger feelings are hurt by being called out for promoting violence and death against the innocent you hate for your arbitrary, stupid reasons.

They, like you are wrong and baby murder supporters
Most pregnancies are unplanned and you wonder why abortions happen. I'm surprised there aren't more of them. No doubt there will be as things get worse. All the problems this world is suffering from has one root cause, the overpopulation of the human race. Even if it does eventually level out at 10.9 billion around the year 2100. That's still way too many people for this world to support.

Most pregnancies are unplanned and you wonder why abortions happen. I'm surprised there aren't more of them. No doubt there will be as things get worse. All the problems this world is suffering from has one root cause, the overpopulation of the human race. Even if it does eventually level out at 10.9 billion around the year 2100. That's still way too many people for this world to support.
Neomalthusians never get off the planet first.

It’s always everyone else who needs to die for their fears.

I do not give a rip about any of your nonsense, don't want an abortion,? do not get pregnant, we know what causes it

Well, thank you very much!
Now why don’t you try to actually discuss the issue …
Maybe this time you can be a little clearer in your language?
Or tell us more about that “thing” you mentioned?
I’d be happy to discuss perhaps a bit more of a concise issue.. not to reply to a snide, angry, insult-filled straw man commentary which you demonstrated

Forum List

Back