Henry Repeating Arms

With regards to the firearms, their reputation precedes them. Yeah, they're a little spendy but, damn, they're nice guns.

As for the company, in the 25 years they've been in business I've never read or heard a single negative thing about them...

With regards to the firearms, their reputation precedes them. Yeah, they're a little spendy but, damn, they're nice guns.

The one great thing about a Firearm is if properly maintained the value goes up...

As for the company, in the 25 years they've been in business I've never read or heard a single negative thing about them...

I can't find anybody talking stink about them at all...

Thanks Canon Shooter

Reputation is pretty solid... Prices are a little steep... Any experience's with the Henry as a manufacture would be helpful... Thinking about buying the ex-wife Lever Action Axe .410 | Henry Repeating Arms ...

A buddy of mine runs a Henry all weather in .45-70 with the picatinny rail. He's got it all tactical with a 4X ACOG and angled flip-up iron sights, a flashlight and a Steiner PEQ box. He swears by it as both a brush gun and home defense option. I've fired maybe fifty rounds through it and have no complaints; the gun is accurate, smooth feeding and well built. However, if I was going to purchase a new lever gun I'd go with a Marlin simply because I already own a Marlin lever gun and I think they are more aesthetically pleasing and more comfortable to shoot. Modern Henry rifles seem more . . . square to my eyes or something.

Reputation is pretty solid... Prices are a little steep... Any experience's with the Henry as a manufacture would be helpful... Thinking about buying the ex-wife Lever Action Axe .410 | Henry Repeating Arms ...

Good guns, but overpriced. I have a matched pair of Marlin 1894ss levers in .44mag and .357mag. Bought them used and they weren't cheap back then (15 years ago or so). Probably ridiculous now.

Not sure where you are, but here .410 ammo has gotten expensive as hell and sometimes hard to find. Unless you're planning on reloading, I would avoid .410 and maybe go with a pistol caliber lever action carbine.

I guess it's cool that you're treating your ex-wife to a nice firearm...:confused:

Not sure where you are, but here .410 ammo has gotten expensive as hell and sometimes hard to find. Unless you're planning on reloading, I would avoid .410 and maybe go with a pistol caliber lever action carbine.

I guess it's cool that you're treating your ex-wife to a nice firearm...:confused:

Located in Hawaii for the time being so will check out the availability of .410 shells... We live in a single family home but the house's are really close... Next door neighbor is 15ft away... It will be a home protection firearm and don't want high caliber ammo flying around...
We live together now, and get along better than we ever did when we were married... Confuses me also but after 40+ years (married for 23 years) of knowing the woman were pretty good friends...

Forum List

Back