Here is how to oppose Trump's registry

CNN caught selectively editing Trump' | Page 2 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

My2cents said it best a few minutes ago above:

From what I can tell this all stems from an interview Trump did a few days ago with Yahoo News. From there the media smelled a story and ran with it. If the stupid media is something Trump can't handle, then I don't give him a snowball's chance in hell against the smart Chinese and brilliant Mexicans.

Yahoo News has reported that about half of the approximately 2,000 refugees from Syria who have come to the U.S. so far have been children. Another quarter are more than 60 years old. The Obama administration has maintained that the extensive screening process for these refugees makes the program safe to maintain — not to mention a reflection of America’s core values.

But Trump doesn’t buy it. He also has concerns about the larger Muslim community here in the U.S., he said.

Yahoo News asked Trump whether his push for increased surveillance of American Muslims could include warrantless searches. He suggested he would consider a series of drastic measures.

“We’re going to have to do things that we never did before. And some people are going to be upset about it, but I think that now everybody is feeling that security is going to rule,” Trump said. “And certain things will be done that we never thought would happen in this country in terms of information and learning about the enemy. And so we’re going to have to do certain things that were frankly unthinkable a year ago.”

Yahoo News asked Trump whether this level of tracking might require registering Muslims in a database or giving them a form of special identification that noted their religion. He wouldn’t rule it out.

“We’re going to have to — we’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely,” Trump said when presented with the idea. “We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully.”

A few nights ago I watched a local news broadcast about some vandalism at a mosque. It appears that it occurred next to the side door. THE ONLY DOOR THAT FEMALES COULD USE TO ENTER! Males used the front door.

This is what Jake the hack defends.

CNN caught selectively editing Trump' | Page 2 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

My2cents said it best a few minutes ago above:

From what I can tell this all stems from an interview Trump did a few days ago with Yahoo News. From there the media smelled a story and ran with it. If the stupid media is something Trump can't handle, then I don't give him a snowball's chance in hell against the smart Chinese and brilliant Mexicans.

Yahoo News has reported that about half of the approximately 2,000 refugees from Syria who have come to the U.S. so far have been children. Another quarter are more than 60 years old. The Obama administration has maintained that the extensive screening process for these refugees makes the program safe to maintain — not to mention a reflection of America’s core values.

But Trump doesn’t buy it. He also has concerns about the larger Muslim community here in the U.S., he said.

Yahoo News asked Trump whether his push for increased surveillance of American Muslims could include warrantless searches. He suggested he would consider a series of drastic measures.

“We’re going to have to do things that we never did before. And some people are going to be upset about it, but I think that now everybody is feeling that security is going to rule,” Trump said. “And certain things will be done that we never thought would happen in this country in terms of information and learning about the enemy. And so we’re going to have to do certain things that were frankly unthinkable a year ago.”

Yahoo News asked Trump whether this level of tracking might require registering Muslims in a database or giving them a form of special identification that noted their religion. He wouldn’t rule it out.

“We’re going to have to — we’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely,” Trump said when presented with the idea. “We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully.”

Nice hit piece. But he never said it.

Harry, you were answered.

You just don't like the answer.

Sux, I know, but there it is.

Mac, you were answered, so you don't get "just once more."

Losers, like you, simply lose.

So Trump's registry is going to become law? When does this occur? I doubt anyone would pass this and the Supreme Court would block it.

If refugees are stringently vetted, wouldn't they be registered at time of entry? Thus a registry would be formed.
The issue is he said "Muslim", and he has said it over and over and over, now instead of saying "Hispanic" or "Mexican" over and over and over.

He is conflating the refugee situation with his nativist anti-immigrant position.

He made the mistake of bringing religion into it.

Okay, I've given you every possible benefit of the doubt here son. Just watched Trump's plan for a Muslim database draws comparison to Nazi Germany again. Trump never said Muslim, in fact he was talking about the illegal alien issue more so than refugees. You're done...
Jake is an old man so "son" wouldn't fit...He's also a hack for the establishment, and has never criticized Obama in his life

Do all of you believe that a registry based on religion for immigration purposes is constitutional?

Trump will not be elected president in this election.

Do all of you believe that a registry based on religion for immigration purposes is constitutional?

Nobody is suggesting that fake, although we certainly should scrutinize muslms coming in from the middle east more than non-muslims...database:thup:

That is actually what Trump said, as you well know.

I agree that we can and should build a registry of all people who come into our country, but religion cannot have anything do to with it.

Trump is back peddling, but it is far too late.

Everyone will be hearing his words in the commercials, from the left and the right, as this opponents destroy him.

That is actually what Trump said, as you well know.

I agree that we can and should build a registry of all people who come into our country, but religion cannot have anything do to with it.

Trump is back peddling, but it is far too late.

Everyone will be hearing his words in the commercials, from the left and the right, as this opponents destroy him.

muslims are a religion last I checked..Yes they should be scrutinized more than Christian old women

Going out on a limb there. LOL!
I have faith in the constitutional sense of the American people generally and in particular in the older folks who know what they types of lists based on religion mean. Many of Trumps' older supporters have real trouble with his words.

I have faith in the constitutional sense of the American people generally and in particular in the older folks who know what they types of lists based on religion mean. Many of Trumps' older supporters have real trouble with his words.

Lol! You take yourself way to seriously. I have been saying he wouldn't get the nomination for months.

Lol! You take yourself way to seriously. I have been saying he wouldn't get the nomination for months.
Your opinion, my man, so go for it. I am glad you agree with me.

Trump is a fascist and a liar. His followers are brainwashed the same way Germans were brainwashed when they got behind that idiot that ended up murdering untold millions and destroyed their country. They said they were sorry but paid a high price for their stupidity.

I don't know how much of these things are born of hate or protection of America. Or maybe bringing America around to their ideal.

It's always nice to love and help others but, you would not open your house to anyone because eventually you will be robbed, ransacked and left with nothing but a shack......

Forum List

Back