Here is what I want to know from Democrats at USMB....

College does provide a benefit to society.

No one is denouncing college. The issue is who pays for it. We can't afford to pay college tuition for every American... just not doable. People have to find a way to pay for their own college education. You dummies seem to think there is some endless pile of money sitting in Washington D.C. and we can just fund whatever whimsical idea pops into our heads... we can't do that. We're already $19 trillion in the hole with another $200 trillion in unfunded liabilities. This cannot be sustained by any economy.

sure it can. just make the rich pay their fair share.

No one is denouncing college. The issue is who pays for it. We can't afford to pay college tuition for every American... just not doable. People have to find a way to pay for their own college education. You dummies seem to think there is some endless pile of money sitting in Washington D.C. and we can just fund whatever whimsical idea pops into our heads... we can't do that. We're already $19 trillion in the hole with another $200 trillion in unfunded liabilities. This cannot be sustained by any economy.

The rich benefit from an educated workforce but don't pay for it

I thought educated workers earn more?

Employers make a profit off of every one of them

Employers make a profit off of every one of them

Yup. All the while, paying more for the educated.

We already have more people in college than we need. Why do you think those liberal colleges charge so much anyway? It's called supply and demand. The higher the demand and shorter the supply, the higher the cost of anything.

And if you really believe that our workforce is the most powerful, why change it? It must be working fine according to you.
It's not just college but all post graduate training to include vocational. We need workers qualified beyond the high school level
Our biggest problem with college education is that it is becoming a crippling expense for middle class Americans. Recent graduates and their parents are crippled with debt and starting salaries have not kept up

So the solution is just send the bill to somebody else?

My nephew and niece both worked all the way through school to get a head start on paying for their college. My sister will be paying as well probably until she retires.

If your kids are going to benefit from advanced education, I shouldn't be the one footing the bill. You take care of your kids and I'll take care of mine. That's the way it should work in a free society.

No, the solution is that "We the people" pay for those things that benefit society as a whole

You take care of your kids, I'll take care of mine is anarchy, not a free society

So a freer society is one where I take care of my own kids and yours as well?

No. College doesn't benefit society, it benefits the individual. Trust me. Years ago we had many less kids going to college and in many ways, it was a better society.

Our free society takes care of those who need taking care of. That includes children of those you do not agree with.

College does provide a benefit to society. It provides our doctors, lawyers, engineers, nurses, teachers. To compete in a global economy we need to produce an educated workforce. A college system that blocks out those who can no longer afford it does not meet those needs

Where did I say college didn't benefit society? But because it benefits the individual first and society second is why we taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for it. We haven't paid for it in the past and we shouldn't pay for it in the future either. We have more kids going to college today than ever before. Why do you think the cost keep increasing?

If you want to talk about a benefit to society, the best thing that could happen is less people going to college so the prices would drop back down and careers would pay more.

It's not just college but all post graduate training to include vocational. We need workers qualified beyond the high school level
Our biggest problem with college education is that it is becoming a crippling expense for middle class Americans. Recent graduates and their parents are crippled with debt and starting salaries have not kept up

My nephew and niece both worked all the way through school to get a head start on paying for their college. My sister will be paying as well probably until she retires.

If your kids are going to benefit from advanced education, I shouldn't be the one footing the bill. You take care of your kids and I'll take care of mine. That's the way it should work in a free society.

No, the solution is that "We the people" pay for those things that benefit society as a whole

You take care of your kids, I'll take care of mine is anarchy, not a free society

No. College doesn't benefit society, it benefits the individual. Trust me. Years ago we had many less kids going to college and in many ways, it was a better society.

Our free society takes care of those who need taking care of. That includes children of those you do not agree with.

College does provide a benefit to society. It provides our doctors, lawyers, engineers, nurses, teachers. To compete in a global economy we need to produce an educated workforce. A college system that blocks out those who can no longer afford it does not meet those needs

Where did I say college didn't benefit society? But because it benefits the individual first and society second is why we taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for it. We haven't paid for it in the past and we shouldn't pay for it in the future either. We have more kids going to college today than ever before. Why do you think the cost keep increasing?

If you want to talk about a benefit to society, the best thing that could happen is less people going to college so the prices would drop back down and careers would pay more.

Your claim........No. College doesn't benefit society, it benefits the individual

Other countries don't have our economy either. They don't feed the world, we do.

Guy, we don't feed the world anymore. Haven't in some time.

Fact is, we've fallen behind the Europeans and Japanese in quality of life. But keep waiving your American flag (made in China) and chanting "USA, USA", you stupid fuck. (I'm done treating you with any respect.

If you think you can do the job of a CEO, then by all means, prove me wrong and become a CEO yourself! What's wrong Joe, you can't be a CEO? Can you explain to us why?

Do you tell rape victims to go get themselves a strap-on and show us how it's done right? Frankly, I've watched CEO's drive companies into the ground, and we all knew that's what they were doing.

And what you on the left do constantly is look for anomalies instead of the average. Not all CEO's are making 5 mil a year no more than anybody that acts for a living is making 50 mil a year. You libs look for the most extreme circumstances.

Actually, Average CEO Pay is higher than 5 million

Across all companies, the average CEO pay was $13.8 million per year,...., and the average ratio of CEO pay to median worker pay was 204. In other words, on average, CEOs earn around 204 times what his or her median worker earns.

CEO to Worker Pay Ratios: Average CEO Earns 204 Times Median Worker Pay - Glassdoor Economic Research

Oh no, you got me Joe! You posted a blog to support your claim!!!! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Salary[edit]

Annual base salary in large publicly owned companies is commonly $1 million. Salary paid in excess of $1 million is not tax deductible for a firm,[41]though that has not stopped some companies from going over the limit.

Bonuses[edit]

In 2010, 85.1 percent of CEOs at S&P 500 companies received an annual bonus payout. The median bonus was $2.15 million.[44]

Executive compensation in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah Joe, I want you to use a strap-on and show us how it's done. If it's so easy being a CEO and they make so much money, what's stopping you from doing it?????

Why are you not supporting Bernie Sanders?

Hillary and Bill went on vacation with the Bush family! They are big buddies! Friends with Trump too!

In the 2008 primaries, Hillary was dumped for Obama because she was TOO CONSERVATIVE!

She voted for the Iraq War.
She opposed Saddam Hussein.
She said Iraq had WMDs!
She OPPOSED GAY MARRIAGE!

Yet SHE is your frontrunner and it seems everyone here is carrying the water for Hillary. I see no posts from Bernie's supporters attacking her or criticizing her on anything. She is up to her eyeballs in scandals and corruption and you people just keep right on defending her like she's some kind of fucking saint.

Meanwhile, Bernie is representative of WHO you are! His ideas and policies are what YOU advocate! His record as a left-wing ideologue is stellar.... it's even better than Obama's. He has a proven track record of standing up for what he believes in and doesn't talk out of both sides of his mouth, while Hillary will pander to whatever crowd she is speaking to at the moment. She has never accomplished a thing, as a Senator, First Lady or Secretary of State. In fact, she has done nothing but FAIL at everything. There is nothing to show that she has affected any kind of positive change for any American.

Why do you support HER but not the guy who truly represents your core values?

I don't get it. :dunno:
Bernie represents people who like communism but never want to live under it. They prefer visiting it....taking honeymoons in it. ....and want to subject others to it. But never living under it.

Your claim........No. College doesn't benefit society, it benefits the individual

And it does benefit the individual--primarily the individual. Society doesn't need to be spending hard earned taxpayer dollars because it benefits society. When it comes to college educated people, our society is full of them. Try to get out of college and be a school teacher. You can't find a job teaching today because many people want a job where you only work nine months a year but get paid all year round with a generous benefits program.

That's not to say there are a few professions that don't see enough college graduates. But it has less to do with money and more to do with difficulty passing the courses, and burdening the taxpayer won't help that one bit.

Hillary and Bill went on vacation with the Bush family! They are big buddies! Friends with Trump too!

In the 2008 primaries, Hillary was dumped for Obama because she was TOO CONSERVATIVE!

She said Iraq had WMDs!

Yet SHE is your frontrunner and it seems everyone here is carrying the water for Hillary. I see no posts from Bernie's supporters attacking her or criticizing her on anything. She is up to her eyeballs in scandals and corruption and you people just keep right on defending her like she's some kind of fucking saint.

Meanwhile, Bernie is representative of WHO you are! His ideas and policies are what YOU advocate! His record as a left-wing ideologue is stellar.... it's even better than Obama's. He has a proven track record of standing up for what he believes in and doesn't talk out of both sides of his mouth, while Hillary will pander to whatever crowd she is speaking to at the moment. She has never accomplished a thing, as a Senator, First Lady or Secretary of State. In fact, she has done nothing but FAIL at everything. There is nothing to show that she has affected any kind of positive change for any American.

Bernie represents people who like communism but never want to live under it. They prefer visiting it....taking honeymoons in it. ....and want to subject others to it. But never living under it.
Sending kids to college is not communism

just make the rich pay their fair share.

The rich already paid their fair share when they were getting rich. Wealth is taxed as you earn it, moron. So if someone has wealth, they already paid the taxes on their earning it. Now they are using that wealth to help other people and they pay a lesser tax on the wealth they earn from that wealth, but you're not okay with that. Your greedy ass won't be satisfied until you force them to withdraw their wealth from those who could use it and sock it away in sheltered accounts where you can't touch it. You should work on that jealousy and envy problem.

She said Iraq had WMDs!

Why does supporting Sanders have to include attacking Clinton? I support Bernie Sanders and will vote for him if I'm given the opportunity. But I will not attack Hillary Clinton in the meantime. Attacking opponents does not forward the message of the campaign, unless you believe in the current ideology of the Conservatives in America.

Positivity, not the politics of personal destruction is so much more invigorating, noble and purposeful.

Actually, Average CEO Pay is higher than 5 million

Across all companies, the average CEO pay was $13.8 million per year,...., and the average ratio of CEO pay to median worker pay was 204. In other words, on average, CEOs earn around 204 times what his or her median worker earns.

CEO to Worker Pay Ratios: Average CEO Earns 204 Times Median Worker Pay - Glassdoor Economic Research

It can be mis-leading to use AVG on CEO but Median on worker. AVG's can skew upwards due to high outlier. Maybe not but it is a mixing of data types.

just make the rich pay their fair share.

The rich already paid their fair share when they were getting rich. Wealth is taxed as you earn it, moron. So if someone has wealth, they already paid the taxes on their earning it. Now they are using that wealth to help other people and they pay a lesser tax on the wealth they earn from that wealth, but you're not okay with that. Your greedy ass won't be satisfied until you force them to withdraw their wealth from those who could use it and sock it away in sheltered accounts where you can't touch it. You should work on that jealousy and envy problem.

Joe believes that the top 10% paying 70% of all collected income tax is not enough, but companies that won't pay a floor sweeper a living wage are the greedy ones.

Yeah Joe, I want you to use a strap-on and show us how it's done. If it's so easy being a CEO and they make so much money, what's stopping you from doing it?????

I'm not a soulless asshole living off the misery of others?

You are, but you are an incompetent soulless asshole who clings to his gun and his bible.

Probably on some HR Departments pool of "Mostly likely to instigate an active shooter incident"

Joe believes that the top 10% paying 70% of all collected income tax is not enough, but companies that won't pay a floor sweeper a living wage are the greedy ones.

Yup, you got it about nailed.

The top 20% have 87% of the wealth, and income taxes are not the only taxes out there.

Seriously, guy, the rich are going to be just fine, you don't need to worry your little head about them.

Naw, guy. You see, that's why you need HUGE estate taxes, so when these greedy fucks die, we redistribute their wealth.

I've seen how the Wealthy have "helped" us over the last 50 years. They are trying to make the rest of the country as fucked up as... (wait for it) Alabama...

Naw, guy. You see, that's why you need HUGE estate taxes, so when these greedy fucks die, we redistribute their wealth.

I've seen how the Wealthy have "helped" us over the last 50 years. They are trying to make the rest of the country as fucked up as... (wait for it) Alabama...

so when these greedy fucks die, we redistribute their wealth.

We?

I'm not a soulless asshole living off the misery of others?

You are, but you are an incompetent soulless asshole who clings to his gun and his bible.

Probably on some HR Departments pool of "Mostly likely to instigate an active shooter incident"

I knew you had a good reason for not being a CEO yourself Joe. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Forum List

Back