Here is what I want to know from Democrats at USMB....

Hate to break this to you, Erkle... but rich people can do a lot of things poor people can't.... it's sort of the whole point about being rich. What YOU want is a society where no one GETS rich and no one IS rich. FAIRNESS requires eliminating FREEDOM and LIBERTY.

So should we let rich people get free murders like the Affluenza Kid? That seems to be what you are advocating here.

Seems to me he should get exactly what a poor kid gets when he kills 4 people in a drunken rampage.

Bubbles spread. You're welcome.

And they spread a lot faster when your inept new President abandons fiscal responsibility and lets us get attacked by terrorists, and then puts a war on a credit card.

2001 wouldn't have even BEEN a recession had Bush not been such a total fuckup.

Yeah, the recession that started in March 2001.....because Bush. Durr.

And they're not even talking about reforming the REAL problem... Which is idiot kids who go off to college to study liberal arts or political science and party like there is no tomorrow, leaving 4 years later with a worthless degree in something they will never practically use.

Nope... they want US to pay for 4 years of Animal House then turn around and blame us later for not being able to find adequate jobs in the nonsensical field they studied in college. The Blame Game is never-ending with Liberals.

I think it's quite the reverse. College used to be reasonably priced. Then the corporate cocksuckers got into the game. I don't mean just the scammers like "University of Phoenix", even 'mainstream' universities realized they could overcharge for a product they sell on credit, cheat the people doing the work, and make big profits.

And since most jobs won't hire you without a college degree, we are forced to play this game whether we want to or not.

For instance, my field is purchasing, which I got into as an outgrowth of my time in the Army as a Supply NCO. Really the same job. Identify requirements, make procurement.

The thing is, most purchasing jobs today require a college degree. so while my Degree in "Management of things that have already happened" (i.e. History) really has no relevance to what I am doing now, I'd have a hard time getting a job without it in most companies.

When I got laid off from the job 8 years ago, the one that permanently cured me about all the Republican Horseshit, two other buyers got laid off at the same time. Because they didn't have College degrees, it took them MONTHS to find new jobs, while I was able to lock one down in a few weeks. The fact that they had decades of experience really didn't matter.

Just think of how much better off you'd have been with a solid degree in engineering?

Hate to break this to you, Erkle... but rich people can do a lot of things poor people can't.... it's sort of the whole point about being rich. What YOU want is a society where no one GETS rich and no one IS rich. FAIRNESS requires eliminating FREEDOM and LIBERTY.

So should we let rich people get free murders like the Affluenza Kid? That seems to be what you are advocating here.

Seems to me he should get exactly what a poor kid gets when he kills 4 people in a drunken rampage.

No, I don't know anything about "affluenza kid" or whatever... I do know that every individual case has it's own set of circumstances and that's why we have courts and juries. I don't think we should ever apply your FASCIST standards to people just because it's what YOU think is best.

Just think of how much better off you'd have been with a solid degree in engineering?

Not really. I know a lot of engineers who have a hard time finding jobs. I know one who gave up and just opened a restaurant with his family.

So, no, not so much.

I'd be better off if Bush never became President and never fucked it up for most of us.

No, I don't know anything about "affluenza kid" or whatever... I do know that every individual case has it's own set of circumstances and that's why we have courts and juries. I don't think we should ever apply your FASCIST standards to people just because it's what YOU think is best.

But you are totally good with the rich buying justice... because they are special?

Sure you are.

When we execute rich people the way we execute poor people, THEN I'll accept the system is fair.

And they're not even talking about reforming the REAL problem... Which is idiot kids who go off to college to study liberal arts or political science and party like there is no tomorrow, leaving 4 years later with a worthless degree in something they will never practically use.

Nope... they want US to pay for 4 years of Animal House then turn around and blame us later for not being able to find adequate jobs in the nonsensical field they studied in college. The Blame Game is never-ending with Liberals.

I think it's quite the reverse. College used to be reasonably priced. Then the corporate cocksuckers got into the game. I don't mean just the scammers like "University of Phoenix", even 'mainstream' universities realized they could overcharge for a product they sell on credit, cheat the people doing the work, and make big profits.

And since most jobs won't hire you without a college degree, we are forced to play this game whether we want to or not.

College has nothing to do with corporate.

The reason liberal colleges today are so expensive is because it's a supply and demand thing just like anything else. The more demand and less supply allows the suppliers to rule the field.

And who is partly responsible for this demand? It's your liberal federal government who gives out loans to just about anybody that requests one. Sanders is a prime example of how liberals push for more college students.

Did you know the cast of the show Big Bang Theory gets over one million dollars each for every episode they make? What do you suppose their makeup artists make, the stage hands that have to erect and disassemble those scenes, the sound engineers, the clean up crew? The lighting crew?

That is actually fucked up. Those guys are only funny because a writer tells them what to say and a director tells them how to say it. But again, you are using a bad example. Those makeup artists and stage hands are all unionized. They get good pay for their skills.

I'm sure they do, but do they get equal compensation as the actors who do nothing but act?

Do you know what roadies make for a professional rock band? They make crap. They do all the heavy lifting of those speaker cabinets, the light show, the heavy amplifiers. pianos and so forth, but they make nothing in comparison to the musicians that just pick up a guitar or drum sticks and play.

The point is that people don't get paid by how hard they work, they get paid by their ability to do what many other people can't, and that includes CEO's. They have little people doing all the grunt work, but without their ability to produce such work and sell it, nobody has work.

You don't work a job more than 6 months at a time yet call yourself a professional. Is that what McDonalds calls a french fry dropper?

WOw, guy, you really don't get the whole reading comprehension thing, do you?

Like I said. If you think I'm a nut, come and try to take my guns or continue to hide like a pussy.

Naw, guy. You see, if I were in charge of taking your guns, here's how i'd do it.

First, I'd spend time learning your habits. Like when you go to the gym, when you go to sleep, when you are in places they won't let you bring your Penis Compensator.

And when you are in a place I KNOW you won't have it, that's when Team A detains you while Team B confiscates your guns.

Then we send you a nice DVD Of YOUR guns being melted down into slag.

YOu keep working on the assumptiion we'll work on YOUR schedule.

I don't have to assume anything. I know you don't have the guts to do any of that. You think, and would be wrong, that you could do any of that and make it past step 1.

That's the way contract works Joe.

A CEO is not an hourly wage or salaried worker. They are contract workers who get paid by past performances and not immediate ones.

In short, they get paid because they abuse the system. All unions and government do is give the rest of us the ability to game the system. I'm not seeing what the problem is here.

A CEO's contract is no different. They get X amount of money no matter how good of a job they do. And if you don't want to afford them that provision, your competitor will, and they will end up taking your customers away from you.

Horseshit. CEO's are simply gaming a corrupt system. Other countries don't have this problem.

Other countries don't have our economy either. They don't feed the world, we do.

If you think you can do the job of a CEO, then by all means, prove me wrong and become a CEO yourself! What's wrong Joe, you can't be a CEO? Can you explain to us why?

And what you on the left do constantly is look for anomalies instead of the average. Not all CEO's are making 5 mil a year no more than anybody that acts for a living is making 50 mil a year. You libs look for the most extreme circumstances.

So the solution is just send the bill to somebody else?

Liberals are the "gimme, gimme, gimme" party.

For many years now, taxpayers have been held liable to feed the babies of those who couldn't afford it, to provide medical care to those children who couldn't afford it, to provide childcare to those who couldn't afford it, to send them to school for free for those who couldn't afford private school, to give them free lunch (and now breakfast and dinner in some places) to those who couldn't afford it. To give them rides to and from school for those who didn't want to be bothered to take their own rug-rats to school.

No, we never got much of a thank you. Instead, we got "IT WASN'T ENOUGH!!!!"

The way things are going, liberals are going to make parenting a thing of the past because government will totally raise the kids.

"What is YOUR fair share of what other people worked for?"
Thomas Sowell
Liberals pay the most in federal taxes, (well, liberal states do) why shouldn't they have a say in what their tax monies go to? you know, no taxation without representation thingy....

:D

Liberals don't need government policies to give their money to whomever they desire. But what we do know is that those rich liberals contribute less to charity and causes than the conservatives.

And if most rich people are liberals, why are we tortured by the left constantly telling us how the rich are on the Republican boat? You know, those evil, greedy, rich Republicans who control our entire government; those evil rich republicans controlling corporations and industry?

College has nothing to do with corporate.

The reason liberal colleges today are so expensive is because it's a supply and demand thing just like anything else. The more demand and less supply allows the suppliers to rule the field.

And who is partly responsible for this demand? It's your liberal federal government who gives out loans to just about anybody that requests one. Sanders is a prime example of how liberals push for more college students.

YOu know what, fixing your fucking ignorance would be a full time job.

The corporatization of higher education: With a system that caters to the 1 percent, students and faculty get screwed

Liberals don't need government policies to give their money to whomever they desire. But what we do know is that those rich liberals contribute less to charity and causes than the conservatives.

Charity is a waste of money. IT's mostly rich people trying to feel better about themselves.

And if most rich people are liberals, why are we tortured by the left constantly telling us how the rich are on the Republican boat? You know, those evil, greedy, rich Republicans who control our entire government; those evil rich republicans controlling corporations and industry?

I don't think most rich people are liberals. Most of them do have contempt for stupid fucks like you Clinging to your Guns and Bibles while they fuck you in the ass.

Other countries don't have our economy either. They don't feed the world, we do.

Guy, we don't feed the world anymore. Haven't in some time.

Fact is, we've fallen behind the Europeans and Japanese in quality of life. But keep waiving your American flag (made in China) and chanting "USA, USA", you stupid fuck. (I'm done treating you with any respect.

If you think you can do the job of a CEO, then by all means, prove me wrong and become a CEO yourself! What's wrong Joe, you can't be a CEO? Can you explain to us why?

Do you tell rape victims to go get themselves a strap-on and show us how it's done right? Frankly, I've watched CEO's drive companies into the ground, and we all knew that's what they were doing.

And what you on the left do constantly is look for anomalies instead of the average. Not all CEO's are making 5 mil a year no more than anybody that acts for a living is making 50 mil a year. You libs look for the most extreme circumstances.

Actually, Average CEO Pay is higher than 5 million

Across all companies, the average CEO pay was $13.8 million per year,...., and the average ratio of CEO pay to median worker pay was 204. In other words, on average, CEOs earn around 204 times what his or her median worker earns.

CEO to Worker Pay Ratios: Average CEO Earns 204 Times Median Worker Pay - Glassdoor Economic Research

Nonsense

Our education system has managed to produce a workforce making us the most powerful economy on earth

How do you think producing a less educated populace will make us more competitive?

We already have more people in college than we need. Why do you think those liberal colleges charge so much anyway? It's called supply and demand. The higher the demand and shorter the supply, the higher the cost of anything.

And if you really believe that our workforce is the most powerful, why change it? It must be working fine according to you.
It's not just college but all post graduate training to include vocational. We need workers qualified beyond the high school level
Our biggest problem with college education is that it is becoming a crippling expense for middle class Americans. Recent graduates and their parents are crippled with debt and starting salaries have not kept up

So the solution is just send the bill to somebody else?

My nephew and niece both worked all the way through school to get a head start on paying for their college. My sister will be paying as well probably until she retires.

If your kids are going to benefit from advanced education, I shouldn't be the one footing the bill. You take care of your kids and I'll take care of mine. That's the way it should work in a free society.

No, the solution is that "We the people" pay for those things that benefit society as a whole

You take care of your kids, I'll take care of mine is anarchy, not a free society

So a freer society is one where I take care of my own kids and yours as well?

No. College doesn't benefit society, it benefits the individual. Trust me. Years ago we had many less kids going to college and in many ways, it was a better society.

Our free society takes care of those who need taking care of. That includes children of those you do not agree with.

College does provide a benefit to society. It provides our doctors, lawyers, engineers, nurses, teachers. To compete in a global economy we need to produce an educated workforce. A college system that blocks out those who can no longer afford it does not meet those needs

College does provide a benefit to society.

No one is denouncing college. The issue is who pays for it. We can't afford to pay college tuition for every American... just not doable. People have to find a way to pay for their own college education. You dummies seem to think there is some endless pile of money sitting in Washington D.C. and we can just fund whatever whimsical idea pops into our heads... we can't do that. We're already $19 trillion in the hole with another $200 trillion in unfunded liabilities. This cannot be sustained by any economy.

No one is denouncing college. The issue is who pays for it. We can't afford to pay college tuition for every American... just not doable. People have to find a way to pay for their own college education. You dummies seem to think there is some endless pile of money sitting in Washington D.C. and we can just fund whatever whimsical idea pops into our heads... we can't do that. We're already $19 trillion in the hole with another $200 trillion in unfunded liabilities. This cannot be sustained by any economy.

It wouldn't apply to every American, only those who wish to continue their education or vocational studies
It also wouldn't apply to private universities. You can still pay your way through Yale

It would provide a low cost education route for millions of working class children who are being priced out of the market

It wouldn't apply to every American, only those who wish to continue their education or vocational studies
It also wouldn't apply to private universities. You can still pay your way through Yale

It would provide a low cost education route for millions of working class children who are being priced out of the market

Well I proposed earlier a plan that I would support concerning college. But the problem with price is that we started the Student Loan program without considering the consequences... like MOST liberal idiocy. Because now, the colleges know the student can get a free loan from government for a certain amount of money... the price goes up in order to capture that free money. It's the first rule of capitalist supply and demand. The supply of money is high so the cost goes up. If money were not in such high supply, the cost would decrease.

But the real problem is with the nature of what students are spending the money for. There is nothing preventing them from running up student loan debts and wasting it on 4 years of partying and a stupid pointless degree in liberal arts. MY idea would totally revamp the student loan program from top to bottom. First, you'd have to qualify with a 3.0 gpa... if you can't achieve that, no loan. If you have the 3.0 gpa or better and you wish to major in engineering, science, math, chemistry, physics, biology or any medical field, the government will match your loan with a scholarship in the same amount. If you can't afford to repay your loan you can work it off in public service. If you drop below 3.0 gpa, all bets are off, the loan is called in and scholarship cancelled.

Now there will be conservative friends who will say this isn't conservative enough... and liberal friends who will scream this isn't liberal enough... but that's MY idea and what I would be okay with. I would also have a program where we use a portion of corporate tax to fund vocational and trade school education for those who can't get into college. I would do this in conjunction with a lowering of corporate taxes and elimination of loopholes.

My idea is that the Government offer free on-line courses

The Government would pay for the development of on-line course materials and taped lectures. Exams would be provided on-line

These courses would receive college credit and all universities would be required to accept them

Guy, we don't feed the world anymore. Haven't in some time.

Fact is, we've fallen behind the Europeans and Japanese in quality of life. But keep waiving your American flag (made in China) and chanting "USA, USA", you stupid fuck. (I'm done treating you with any respect.

Do you tell rape victims to go get themselves a strap-on and show us how it's done right? Frankly, I've watched CEO's drive companies into the ground, and we all knew that's what they were doing.

Actually, Average CEO Pay is higher than 5 million

Across all companies, the average CEO pay was $13.8 million per year,...., and the average ratio of CEO pay to median worker pay was 204. In other words, on average, CEOs earn around 204 times what his or her median worker earns.

CEO to Worker Pay Ratios: Average CEO Earns 204 Times Median Worker Pay - Glassdoor Economic Research

Across all companies, the average CEO pay was $13.8 million per year

What an awesomely inaccurate stat. Congrats!!!

Forum List

Back