Zone1 Here’s a fair amount of reparations, and who should get it

The problem here is that you think you can buy your way out of the problem. The amount of money is kind of meaningless...it's the admission of the wrong that is the problem here.
The money would come with an implicit admission that Jim Crow laws were racist and wrong, and that is why blacks alive today who lived under that system would be getting reparations.
You and IM2 are two sides of the same coin...

Do you really think hiding history from Students is a good policy. The point is, they aren't making this stuff up. This stuff really happened. If anything, we aren't teaching it enough.
Who’s hiding history? That’s the big lie. We learned all about slavery and Jim Crow laws, and the way blacks were treated in the past. You libs are making to sound as if whites are painting a picture of rose gardens throughout history.

The problem is when those racists were thrown out of the Democratic Party in the 1960's, the Republicans and Tricky Dick welcomed them with open arms.

That's tortured history. 19 of 21 DIxieCrat Senators who served under Jim Crow were STILL THERE IN the early 90s. Weren't hardly any Repub govs in South until about Reagan era. And you keep repeating it.

The problem is when those racists were thrown out of the Democratic Party in the 1960's, the Republicans and Tricky Dick welcomed them with open arms.

“I'll have them ******* voting Democratic for the next two hundred years. [Said to two governors regarding the Civil Rights Act of 1964, according to then-Air Force One steward Robert MacMillan]”​

― Lyndon B. Johnson

The following would be fair:

How much: $729 per month*

Who gets it: Blacks born before 1965 who lived in one of the Jim Crow states, and who are alive today, for the rest of their lives.

*This was based on the $290 per month, calculated in 1988, and paid by Germany to DIRECT Holocaut survivors, indexed for inflation.
Wrong. You don't get to decide. Your existence among others here is evidence that things still exist. And you don't get to base black reparations on what Germans gave to Jews. Jim Crow was in all 50 states and white jews were able to benefit from U.S. government programs.

“I'll have them ******* voting Democratic for the next two hundred years. [Said to two governors regarding the Civil Rights Act of 1964, according to then-Air Force One steward Robert MacMillan]”​

― Lyndon B. Johnson
And Lincoln belived that blacks were inferior. So just drop the silly stuff.

Citygroup's study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in four areas resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars. The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

Citigroup determined money lost due to racial discrimination against blacks since 2000. At a minimum, reparations can be requested for money lost from 2000 until right now. If we only take lost income from racism starting in 2000, it equals $57,569 per black person in America based on the 2020 U.S. Census. Including all losses due to racial discrimination equals $277,185 per black person in America. This is money for things done in OUR LIFETIMES.

Dana M Peterson, Catherine L Mann, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps, The Economic Cost of Black Inequality in the U.S., pg. 4, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps - CitiGPS

The following would be fair:

How much: $729 per month*

Who gets it: Blacks born before 1965 who lived in one of the Jim Crow states, and who are alive today, for the rest of their lives.

*This was based on the $290 per month, calculated in 1988, and paid by Germany to DIRECT Holocaut [sic] survivors, indexed for inflation.

I was born in 1953 and identify as black.

I was born in 1962, in Mississippi. No need to “identify” as being born before 1965 in a Jim Crow state as that is objective reality.

And although, as far as I know, all my ancestors go back to Europe (The woman who my immigrant ancestor who from England in the 1600s to what is now Virginia along my patrilineal line married •MIGHT•[/i] have been a native, but probably not. There seems to be some inconsistent accounts of this), by rules established by the “Woke” mob, I should be able to claim to “identify”[/i[ as black, and on that basis, demand any benefits made available thereto.

In any event, with the ratification of the Fourteenth Amendment, any such reparations would be unconstitutional, as a violation of the Equal Protection clause.

Doesn‘t anyone want to find a solution to the anti-white racism?

By stealing from white people to pay for an offense in which the vast majority of us have never had any willing part?

What you propose is to commit the very offense tat you claim in that post to be trying to solve.

What you propose •IS• anti-white racism.

Citygroup's study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in four areas resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars. The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

Citigroup determined money lost due to racial discrimination against blacks since 2000. At a minimum, reparations can be requested for money lost from 2000 until right now. If we only take lost income from racism starting in 2000, it equals $57,569 per black person in America based on the 2020 U.S. Census. Including all losses due to racial discrimination equals $277,185 per black person in America. This is money for things done in OUR LIFETIMES.

Dana M Peterson, Catherine L Mann, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps, The Economic Cost of Black Inequality in the U.S., pg. 4, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps - CitiGPS
Did you notice that every single paragraph said MIGHT. That was someone with a Masters in Business Administration masturbating! No facts at all just WAGs.

I am completely against the payment of reparations.

* Payments would settle nothing. Blacks always want something for nothing, and they are never satisfied. So, to Hell with them.

* We would have to deduct enough money to cover all the destruction and crime caused by blacks. After deductions, blacks would still end up owing us trillions of dollars. So, blacks would still end up with what they deserve: NOTHING.

* Blacks are still living in miserable shitholes all over Africa, so we should charge American blacks back rent for having allowed them to live in this great country.

* There is much more to add, but that covers the basics.

* That rant left me exhausted. Will someone please send me a free twenty dollar bill so I can go have a needed drink. I promise to pay you back as soon as I get my first reparations check. See - I'm sounding blacker by the minute. Lol...

* I once had a black eye, so if these idiotic reparations are ever paid I demand my full share, dammit

* Payments would settle nothing. Blacks always want something for nothing, and they are never satisfied. So, to Hell with them.

* We would have to deduct enough money to cover all the destruction and crime caused by blacks. After deductions, blacks would still end up owing us trillions of dollars. So, blacks would still end up with what they deserve: NOTHING.

* Blacks are still living in miserable shitholes all over Africa, so we should charge American blacks back rent for having allowed them to live in this great country.

* That rant left me exhausted. Will someone please send me a free twenty dollar bill so I can go have a needed drink. I promise to pay you back as soon as I get my first reparations check. See - I'm sounding blacker by the minute. Lol...

* I once had a black eye, so if these idiotic reparations are ever paid I demand my full share, dammit
You have lived your life getting something for nothing. Whites have caused the most destruction and whites have not allowed us to live here because this is not your country.

Whites have gotten reparations and then some.

The majority of people who got Food Stamps or welfare are white.

Not to mention such "Middle Class" entitlements such as Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment insurance and Veterans Benefits that largely benefit white people.

Welfare for me and not for thee.
ya think? maybe because whites outnumber blacks 4 to 1?

That's tortured history. 19 of 21 DIxieCrat Senators who served under Jim Crow were STILL THERE IN the early 90s. Weren't hardly any Repub govs in South until about Reagan era. And you keep repeating it.
Tortured history is the refusal of righ wing republicans to admit to their complicity instead of putting all the blame on democrats. There was a switch and republicans here just need to quit the lying. Because right now it's not democrats supporting remembering the confederacy, nor did democrats fillibuster the most recent voting rights bill.

No one cares what you're against. Were you against reparations to other groups wronged by government policy or just blacks?

Gee, IM2...one of my ancestors fought in the Civil War to free the slaves. Does that mean that YOU owe me reparations? :)
One of my ancestors fought in the civil war and he actually did fight to free himself from slavery. Yours didn't. And since the racism has continued long after slavery, try talking about that.

Wrong. You don't get to decide. Your existence among others here is evidence that things still exist. And you don't get to base black reparations on what Germans gave to Jews. Jim Crow was in all 50 states and white jews were able to benefit from U.S. government programs.
1) Of course we get to decide. A minority population of 14% doesn’t get to DEMAND what the majority hands them.

2) Basing reparations to Jim Crow survivors on what Holocaust survivors got is actually quite generous. While blacks who lived in Jim Crow states suffered very wrong and humiliating treatment, it pales in comparison to being thrown in a concentration camp, starved to the bone, and have your family members murdered in front of you.

3) And white Jews who didn’t directly suffer the Holocaust didn’t get a penny.

4) And don’t get me started on your white Jew shit from the government. Jews suffered rampant antisemitism and had obstacles placed in front of them (FDR, a Democrat, was on the BoD of Harvard and was in favor of anti-Jew quotas) and they still managed to succeed without blaming prejudice.

By stealing from white people to pay for an offense in which the vast majority of us have never had any willing part?

What you propose is to commit the very offense tat you claim in that post to be trying to solve.

What you propose •IS• anti-white racism.
This was an exercise in what might be fair. I restricted the people who get reparations to senior citizens who lived in Jim Crow states, and from payments provided by people who lived in those states. I also put income restrictions on both ends.

It’s a decent compromise, with some merit.

None of those are entitlements. All were earned. And any black person who has been employed is just as eligible for the first three as any white. As far as VA benefits, they are color blind. ANY veteran with an honorable discharge gets them. All four programs are color blind.

No, they aren't.

Let's review.

Social Security - if you live to be 72, you will have gotten everything you paid into it back. The average lifespan in this country is 78, even after Trump's ineptitude brought it down.
Welfare

Medicare - If you have any kind of serious ailment, you will wipe out everything you ever paid into it. (1% of your lifetime income) in a few weeks.
Welfare.

Unemployment Insurance. - You don't pay into that, your employer does. The fact that they had to raise the benefit during TRUMP PLAGUE(TM) shows how much of a welfare program it is.

Veteran's Benefits. Sorry, man, we are 50 years into the all-volunteer military. You volunteered for that job, you were paid for it. The idea that you can get lifetime benefits for a job you maybe did for two years without a testy foreigner ever shooting at you is kind of silly. My job in the military was sitting behind a desk filling out paperwork. I'm proud to have done it, but I recognize any benefits I get are a gift, not really earned.

Meanwhile, when you are talking about poverty relief programs, most of those people are only on for a short time, and a lot of them involve people who have jobs that don't pay a living wage supplementing their income. And once again, the majority of people who get them are white.

Forum List

Back