Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

You posted a quote from an elitist snob who doesn't understand the importance of a smart phone in our society today and gets upset when the poors manage to get their hands on one.

Then you posted a link to heritage. Find a neutral source. And yes, the government is a neutral source.

Wait a 2nd who the fuck needs a smart phone?

You can go to the fucking library if you need to use the net and fill out applications and such.

Maybe we stop pretending that smart phones are a magical creation, they are cheap as shit today and the library may be all the way across town.

Oh the horror that God forbid you might have to take the bus or walk half way across town

Yup we are raising a nation of baby's

Why walk when you have technology?

Missing out on wisdom and the quest why

Very zen and very meaningless.

Raising the minimum wage is the huge con job. It's akin to cutting off one end and sticking on the other to make it longer. It doesn't work that way. The overall cost of living goes up either way, and it takes us nowhere. Please, get real.

Technically ending slavery raised the cost of living but somehow I'm going to guess you wouldn't think that to be a big issue. Paying 2 cents more for a hamburger so others can pay rent though....
Liberals are down on slavery. Funny thing about that, they LOVE illegal aliens because they are the new class of slaves, they love illegals not because they are enriching the culture as much as lining their pockets. Just like Conservatives, I notice the disconnect here. Hypocrites.

Wait a 2nd who the fuck needs a smart phone?

You can go to the fucking library if you need to use the net and fill out applications and such.

Maybe we stop pretending that smart phones are a magical creation, they are cheap as shit today and the library may be all the way across town.

Oh the horror that God forbid you might have to take the bus or walk half way across town

Knowledge is power, those who have to take a 2 hour bus ride to get to it are fucked, learn to appreciate information.

No those two hours could be the best learning experiences that you would never ever get from a book or the net

Have you ever thought about moving the fridge from the patio to inside somewhere? You might save a couple bucks. Glad we could each say something without really saying anything.

Of course you wouldn't get it

The money supply of the US is what is called "fiat money." This is money that is simply backed by the faith that people have in the government of the United States.

The US money supply is not backed by anything like gold. The money itself has no inherent value whatsoever.

What "backs" the money supply in the United States? | eNotes

"Faith" is not an economically tangible asset.
Oh...but debt is? :lmao:

Debt means you don't have something that you owe. If you don't have it, then it too is not an "economically tangible asset". Think a little. Sorry chief - that's just the reality. Google it. I could add thousands of links. This is all stuff that was covered in elementary school. I understand why asceplias doesn't understand it because he dropped out. But I expected a whole hell of a lot more out of you.
Yes debt is economically tangible. I explained this to you pages ago. Dont blame everyone else because you are thick in the head.

Says the jack-ass who is on record stating "the U.S. currency is backed by debt

The US Dollar is not backed by any physical asset. That went away when the US abolished the Gold Standard. It is indeed backed by debt, as each dollar put into circulation is debt unto itself.
Youre going to make Rottie go ballistic now. :laugh:

That's his prerogative. But unlike you, I'll won't stoop to taunting.

Raising the minimum wage is the huge con job. It's akin to cutting off one end and sticking on the other to make it longer. It doesn't work that way. The overall cost of living goes up either way, and it takes us nowhere. Please, get real.

Technically ending slavery raised the cost of living but somehow I'm going to guess you wouldn't think that to be a big issue. Paying 2 cents more for a hamburger so others can pay rent though....
Liberals are down on slavery. Funny thing about that, they LOVE illegal aliens because they are the new class of slaves, they love illegals not because they are enriching the culture as much as lining their pockets. Just like Conservatives, I notice the disconnect here. Hypocrites.

What you just said there has nothing to do with the minimum wage. I'm goiing to guess you don't have much else offer on the subject however will insist you do.

Actually you did when you claimed it wasnt a major advantage.
Okay, let me clarify: Anyone can access as much information as they need to educate themselves via the local library, starbucks, or local brewpub.

And let's not forget the local public libraries.

If someone is uneducated, it is because they choose to be so, not because they don't have the means to educate themselves.

Ohhh Asclepias...how stupid do you look now?

What Really Backs the U.S. Dollar?
By: Doug Eberhardt Category: Education Blog, Gold Tags: Economy, Federal Reserve, Federal Reserve Note, GDP, Gold, Money, Treasury, U.S. Dollar
Since 1971, U.S. citizens have been able to utilize Federal Reserve Notes as the only form of money that for the first time had no currency with any gold or silver backing.

This is where you get the saying that U.S. dollars are backed by the “full faith and credit” of the U.S. Government. In other words, Nixon implied; take our paper dollars or don’t.

The U.S. at this time was a world super power having been victorious in WWII and there really wasn’t much anyone could do about the decision by the U.S. government to abandon metal backing.

The US Dollar is not backed by any physical asset. That went away when the US abolished the Gold Standard. It is indeed backed by debt, as each dollar put into circulation is debt unto itself.

Thats your prerogative. unlike you I have to laugh at him.

Nothing is wrong with it if thats what you want to do. however if your aim is to access information its much easier to get on the internet.
Which is available for free at your local library or starbucks.
We all know this. Are you saying its just as advantageous to having 24 hour access to information at your home?
Acelpisa calls it a (and I quote here folks) "disadvantage to go to the library". A rational person would say it's a major advantage to go to the library. People in Afghanistan would kill for public libraries like the U.S. has (or any library for that matter). But not ascelpias! Nope! He considers it a "disadvantage". Which explains why he is do dumb. He clearly never used them and now he believes it is "high finance" to go around saying that if you have debt, you can find people to purchase it from you... :lmao:
Government schools are not available 24 hrs per day either.

Got heeem!

By: Doug Eberhardt Category: Education Blog, Gold Tags: Economy, Federal Reserve, Federal Reserve Note, GDP, Gold, Money, Treasury, U.S. Dollar
Since 1971, U.S. citizens have been able to utilize Federal Reserve Notes as the only form of money that for the first time had no currency with any gold or silver backing.

This is where you get the saying that U.S. dollars are backed by the “full faith and credit” of the U.S. Government. In other words, Nixon implied; take our paper dollars or don’t.

The U.S. at this time was a world super power having been victorious in WWII and there really wasn’t much anyone could do about the decision by the U.S. government to abandon metal backing.

Ok man. :itsok:

If you're laughing, and nobody's around to hear it, are you still laughing?

Ok man. :itsok:
Is that how you imagine this ending? With me patting you on the head and telling you that all will be ok? I can do that I guess.

It'll be ok buddy. You made a mistake. We all make them. The key is not to double down on the mistake. It's better to just man up and admit it. Pride comes before the fall.

Nothing is wrong with it if thats what you want to do. however if your aim is to access information its much easier to get on the internet.

I don't care how I get my information. Via internet, or through a book I checked out at the library. Such laziness.

If you value the acquisition of knowledge, you won't care how you acquire it.

If you're laughing, and nobody's around to hear it, are you still laughing?
If a cow had nuts it would be a bull. I am not the only person to laugh at him nor will I be the last.

Knowledge is power, those who have to take a 2 hour bus ride to get to it are fucked, learn to appreciate information.

No those two hours could be the best learning experiences that you would never ever get from a book or the net

Have you ever thought about moving the fridge from the patio to inside somewhere? You might save a couple bucks. Glad we could each say something without really saying anything.

Of course you wouldn't get it

I get what you are saying, you want poor people to contemplate their lot in life while taking a bus to check their email. Everyone other than Rottweiler is picking up on that, in the meantime everyone else is lapping them and so the vicious cycle continues.

How about we just except the fact that poor people have some technology too and we don't shit on them for it? Fair?

Forum List

Back