🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey Pro Lifers................what do you think of CRISPR?

Tell me one thing biker dude! If conception did not take place would there be life? Yes or No?

That wasn't the question asked. In order for the scientists to figure out if it works, they have to use a healthy egg from a female, and a sperm from a male that has the disease. They then treat the sperm with CRISPR to modify the genetic code and then fertilize an egg with it to see if the disease is transmitted.

They then allow the egg to grow for 3 days and check the cell development to see if it worked or not. Usually, it is a 50 percent chance if the male has the disease. With this treatment, it goes up to being a 72 percent chance of being healthy.

The question was, are you pro lifers in favor of this research, because according to you guys, life begins at fertilization, and if you kill a fertilized egg, that is tantamout to murder according to you?

And, if you allow this kind of research, why? Because they are fertilizing an egg, growing it for 3 days, and then testing it, which destroys it. According to you pro lifers, it begins at fertilization, and they are killing 3 day old kids.
No! You kinda mocked people who think life begins at conception so I am asking without conception would there be life? Yes or no?

No! You kinda mocked people who think life begins at conception so I am asking without conception would there be life? Yes or no?

What defines life?

If in the eyes of Christianity it is having a soul , does a zygote assume one on conception?

Or is it entering the world , first breath?

~S~

What defines life?

If in the eyes of Christianity it is having a soul , does a zygote assume one on conception?

~S~

SCOTUS.

The 9 black robes will tell us who is a worthwhile living soul, just like Dred Scott.

oh, i woulda said the city of silly hats in Italy , but i guess they've made the call here Votto.....~S~

What defines life?

~S~
How do ewe know an infant without the ability to speak has no soul? How dew ewe know a zygote has no soul?

How do ewe know an infant without the ability to speak has no soul? How dew ewe know a zygote has no soul?

play ultrascan mowtown ?

Seriously.....How TF would i know Willow ?

Is there an educated religmo in the house?

I just can't see it

PO5p.gif

~S~

genetic disease is a punishment from the god that loves us.
Fixing that is slapping god in the face.

Are you saying that we should stop research on this front to avoid slapping God in the face? What about all the kids and people that could benefit from this? Don't you think that keeping a child from an inherited disease can be beneficial, because if we fix the person with the genetic condition, we eventually will get rid of the condition all together.
God doesnt care about kids, remember? So why should i?

So, you think it's okay to fertilize human eggs to see if it worked? I thought that pro life types said that if you kill a fertilized egg, it's equal to killing a person.

Killing a fertilized egg that without intervention would become a human being is quite a stretch from donated eggs and sperm being mixed for medical research.

Not hardly.

Genetic modification of the human genetic code to fix disease is a God Send for us to use with His Blessing.

I draw the line at the embryo needs to be in the womb.....that is natural....that is human.
That is the preferred option but in extreme conditions I see no reason to not use it.

I find the idea, though, of brainless human bodies kept in incubators as a source of body parts to be repulsive morally and emotionally.

What defines life?

Why do you dodge the question and try to change it? Why should he answer your question if you wont answer his?

BTW, you lefties have had problems with the definition of life for the last four centuries, which is how you gave us Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc, etc, etc.

That is not the Christian definition of life. Dogs have no souls but do have life.

~S~

Who believes that?

Screw that. They must engineer a super race of warriors. Genetically free of all diseases, all with the same blood type. Blond hair and blue eyes. We can call them Nazis.

I draw the line at the embryo needs to be in the womb.....that is natural....that is human.
That is the preferred option but in extreme conditions I see no reason to not use it.

I find the idea, though, of brainless human bodies kept in incubators as a source of body parts to be repulsive morally and emotionally.

Why not? That would actually allow liberals to serve a good purpose!

What defines life?

Why do you dodge the question and try to change it? Why should he answer your question if you wont answer his?

BTW, you lefties have had problems with the definition of life for the last four centuries, which is how you gave us Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc, etc, etc.

That is not the Christian definition of life. Dogs have no souls but do have life.

~S~

Who believes that?

Well one has to believe we've a soul in the first place Jim

Yet the entire quagmire exists,because no one entity, be it Vatican , SCOTUS ,or holy see, has been able to answer this one basic question of 'Life' .

Things celestial are hard to package ,label or bottle terrestially

However there has been many attempts to quantify the issue scientifically >>

Scientists Photograph Soul Leaving Body At Death, According To New Study

Hospital security footage captures the haunting moment SOUL leaves a body

all exits , no know entrants

but then maybe onna you fellas can take a zygote out to lunch , at a lab....:banana:~S~:banana:

What defines life?

~S~

I go with the first breath. In the Bible, it says that Adam and Eve became alive only AFTER God blew the breath of life into them.

Are you saying that we should stop research on this front to avoid slapping God in the face? What about all the kids and people that could benefit from this? Don't you think that keeping a child from an inherited disease can be beneficial, because if we fix the person with the genetic condition, we eventually will get rid of the condition all together.
Why would it offend God, he made us for what we are. How do we know that this is not his will?

Forum List

Back