Hey republicans you can't have it both ways

You assume prices will increase to zero sum. That's not true. Prices will increase but not to the level of making the wage increase obsolete. You forget about the stimulation of economic demand that will result from higher wages

It does not stimulate a damn thing.. as stated, it simply shifts the numeric value of the bottom... a shifting floor.. no more, no less... and where the increase in the price of labor then becomes more than the price to automate or replace such labor, the employer will switch away from labor and to the automation in order to be more competitive in the price war...

Raising the minimum wage by this bullshit 30+% amount is a negative, not a positive... sounds good to the idiot masses who the dems try to fool for votes... it makes for a great slogan.. but that is about all... in actuality, it will hurt employment and do absolutely nothing in terms of getting anyone out of poverty.. those working on the lowest rung will remain on the lowest rung

How do you people not understand the concept of consumer spending? Higher wages mean more consumer spending.

higher costs of labor means LESS JOBS. less jobs means less consumer spending overall.

if the supposed creation of "7 million jobs" obama is claiming, and the supposed "50 straight months of job growth" didnt lead to less welfare and food stamps; why would an increase in the minimum wage; which will cost jobs?

libs are losers who lie to themselves

It does not stimulate a damn thing.. as stated, it simply shifts the numeric value of the bottom... a shifting floor.. no more, no less... and where the increase in the price of labor then becomes more than the price to automate or replace such labor, the employer will switch away from labor and to the automation in order to be more competitive in the price war...

Raising the minimum wage by this bullshit 30+% amount is a negative, not a positive... sounds good to the idiot masses who the dems try to fool for votes... it makes for a great slogan.. but that is about all... in actuality, it will hurt employment and do absolutely nothing in terms of getting anyone out of poverty.. those working on the lowest rung will remain on the lowest rung

How do you people not understand the concept of consumer spending? Higher wages mean more consumer spending.

No, higher wages mean higher prices. How do you not understand supply and demand? Oh yeah, you're ignorant.

Yes dumbass. Prices will go up but it would be slight and would not hurt consumers.

higher costs of labor means LESS JOBS. less jobs means less consumer spending overall.

You assume the raise in cost would be too high. It wouldn't be.

You assume prices will increase to zero sum. That's not true. Prices will increase but not to the level of making the wage increase obsolete. You forget about the stimulation of economic demand that will result from higher wages

How do you not understand that the higher minimum wages do not freeze everything else??.. YOU ARE SIMPLY AND ARTIFICIALLY RAISING THE ARBITRARY NUMBER OF THE FLOOR... think of it like Die Hard 2, with them arbitrarily raising the sea level

You are not raising anyone out of anything.. you are not helping cost of living.. you are not stimulating anything as prices indeed raise.. and you are not helping employment when the cost to go without labor or to automate is more attractive that paying the same amount of people more money for the same work

Idiot

You assume the raise in cost would be too high. It wouldn't be.

Noooooooooo.. a 30% increase in cost in the lowest wages (then affecting other wages of people above them) means NOTHING :rolleyes:

Idiot

No, higher wages mean higher prices. How do you not understand supply and demand? Oh yeah, you're ignorant.

Yes dumbass. Prices will go up but it would be slight and would not hurt consumers.

all of a sudden a left-wing moron is on record believeing that corporations wont be "greedy" and pass on the whole cost of the increase in wages to consumers

funny the way the Left contorts itself to fit the narrative

How do you not understand that the higher minimum wages do not freeze everything else??.. YOU ARE SIMPLY AND ARTIFICIALLY RAISING THE ARBITRARY NUMBER OF THE FLOOR... think of it like Die Hard 2, with them arbitrarily raising the sea level

You are not raising anyone out of anything.. you are not helping cost of living.. you are not stimulating anything as prices indeed raise.. and you are not helping employment when the cost to go without labor or to automate is more attractive that paying the same amount of people more money for the same work

Idiot

Your republican dogma means nothing here. The CBO says this would be beneficial to the economy.

all of a sudden a left-wing moron is on record believeing that corporations wont be "greedy" and pass on the whole cost of the increase in wages to consumers

funny the way the Left contorts itself to fit the narrative
They also assume companies will continue paying the same people more rather than looking for cost savings by hiring fewer people.
If command prices could create wealth East Germany would be a powerhouse.

The creation of jobs that are paid by confiscated taxpayer dollars does not grow the economy. Any other administration in the history of the great Republic would be laughed out of Washington for claiming that unemployment was liberating but that's exactly what Hillary said to college students and democrat senator Schumer said to American citizens.

Idiot

Your republican dogma means nothing here. The CBO says this would be beneficial to the economy.

????

the CBO?

really/

does a left-winger really want to go there about what the CBO says?

the CBO says it will cost about a half a million jobs too. how much will they have to spend on the economy left-wing genius?

CBO: Wage hike to cost 500K jobs | TheHill

thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/.../198605-cbo-minimum-wage*

The Hill

Feb 18, 2014 - has said he will bring a minimum wage bill to the floor in the coming ... for lifting wages, conservative ideologues say it will cost jobs,” he said.

The Effects of a Minimum-Wage Increase on Employment and ...

www.cbo.gov/publication/44995*

Congressional Budget Off...

Feb 18, 2014 - But some jobs for low-wage workers would probably be eliminated, the income ... What Options for Increasing the Minimum Wage Did CBO Examine? ... increase, for business owners, and for consumers facing higher prices.

CBO report: Minimum wage hike could cost 500,000 jobs - USA Today

www.usatoday.com/.../cbo-minimum-wage-jobs/5582779/*

USA Today

Feb 18, 2014 - CBO report: Minimum wage hike could cost 500,000 jobs .... So the CBO says it will help 900K and lose 500K jobs. Sounds kinda like ACA.

right-wing dogma?

really leftard? is USA Today now right-wing too?

Okay give me the stats on people getting "free shit" living above the poverty line. You cant.

It's your stand that the article in forbes is untrue so you prove your own assumption.

I'll even tell you how,

Find the value of all government programs, food stamps, rent assistance etc and add it to the income of your people in poverty and see what you get. I'll bet it puts them over the arbitrary poverty line.

You righties have no knowledge of the most basic facts about welfare.

Take food stamps for example. The average SNAP recipient receives $133 a month and has an average MONTHLY income of $744. That is per household mind you. Anyone on food stamps needs it direly.

Hey Dipshit, you are the one who said the assertions made in the article were wrong

Now it's up to you to prove it not me.

So prove it or fuck off.

I paid 80 bucks a month for rent when I lived with my father, did not have any health insurance, and paid about $35 bucks a week taking a cab to work (the fares were nuts, but hey, the bus didn't run near where I lived). I didn't pay for the cable, thus I had no cable. No internet either. No landline. Only way I could call anyone was through my cell phone. All of that sum total, food, clothing, a movie here or there, and not being able to pay for electricity on my own or for the water, earning less than $560 a month; almost three quarters of my checks were allocated to necessities.

My father wanted me to live on the streets, my grandmother wanted me to have shelter. So she lent me her place while she recovered from a severe illness at his place, she offered to pay the electricity bill and the water bill while I appeased my father's demands. The 100 bucks I had left each month was spent as I so pleased. Now if you don't mind, you will cease inquiring as to my personal life, and get back on topic.

This proves you know little about me. So stop judging me.

LOL, you paid $80/month for rent and you think THAT is proof that it's possible to live on minimum wage?? Haha, when you grow up and join the real world and know how much real life actually costs, then you get back to me. Until then, just let grandma keep paying for the roof over your head, the food in your stomach and the diapers on your ass.

I don't have a problem with him living off his grandmother. That is what families are for

What I have a problem with is his mocking of those who struggle to support a family while he personally is in no condition to do better

You can't bitch about people not earning a higher wage when you keep them on food stamps, genius. Speak for yourself. Stop encouraging government dependence, and perhaps they could start venturing out and earning higher wages! TK

Right. He's a hypocrite of the highest magnitude. ie. A Modern day conservative.

Last edited:
What he does not get is he is the one advocating government dependency.
Corporations pay less and pay no taxes and who helps those that are not making a living wage that the corporations hand out like Mr. Scrooge. The government.
So, actually those like TK, who are afraid to stand on their own 2 feet and demand more of the profit from the company, create government dependency.
All while corporations sit and laugh out their back sides at those who carry the flag for them.

You can't bitch and whine about keeping the minimum wage as it is and expect people not to be on food stamps.

The minimum wage isn't even $10 an hour. Tell me, repubs, could you live on that wage? The average fast food worker is 29 despite the fact that those companies are making record profits.

You all seem to believe in this fallacy that ANYONE could get a well paying job if they tried their darndest. That's moronic. There will always be poor working people as long as there are low wage jobs. Many single parents can't raise their kids on $10 an hour despite having a full time job. Should their kids be punished because their parents can't bring home a decent pay check?

Hey guess what raising the minimum wage would do?

1) less people would be on food stamps

2) the economy would improve because there would be a stimulation of economic demand. Capitalism 101.

Raising the minimum wage to 10.10 an hour would kill about 500,000 jobs according to the CBO. HOWEVER IT WOULD IMPROVE THE WAGES OF 24 MILLION PEOPLE who really do need the extra income. 900,000 people would be lifted out of poverty. The good far outweighs the bad. Again, less reliance on food stamps.

Minimum-wage hike would help alleviate poverty, but could kill jobs, CBO reports - The Washington Post

You can't bitch about people not earning a higher wage when you keep them on food stamps, genius. Speak for yourself. Stop encouraging government dependence, and perhaps they could start venturing out and earning higher wages!

/thread

TK does your ignorance know no bounds? I said raising wages would mean less people would be on food stamps. I am not advocating for government assistance :cuckoo:

corporations dont pay taxes; they pass them on in the form of higher costs and layoffs

idiots and hypocrites

george soros sits back and laughs at the useful idiots on the Left; who do his bidding while he sits back and gets richer

idiots and hypocrites

corporations dont pay taxes; they pass them on in the form of higher costs and layoffs

idiots and hypocrites

So they can charge whatever they like, but they don't.
They know if they charge too much their sales drop off.

Forum List

Back