Hey republicans you can't have it both ways

You can't bitch and whine about keeping the minimum wage as it is and expect people not to be on food stamps.

During the postwar years the American working-class made enough money to send their children to college. They also had enough disposable income to flock into MainStreet stores and spend a lot of money, the result of which was phenomenal economic growth for small businesses.

Even better, they had skin in the game. They made enough money to pay a good share of taxes in the aggregate.

Enter Ronnald Reagan. Reagan wanted to give our great capitalists cheaper labor, like they have in the third world. So he waged war on high wages and benefits for Labor, which he claimed were hurting incentives to invest.

After 30 years of shipping jobs to cheaper labor markets in China, our middle-class now has much lower wages, far fewer benefits and has trouble surviving.

Even worse, they barely make enough money to pay rent, so they are not a viable source of tax revenue.

But here is the biggest problem. As we transitioned to a low wage economy, we filled in the gap by expanding credit to the poor and middle-class. This worked in the 80s and 90s, but now consumer debt is too high, and Americans can no longer borrow enough to fuel demand. Until the purchasing power of our middle class is restored by things like higher wages and benefits, we will flounder.

Youthink any part of that might be college tuition increases double the inflation rate, brought on by easy access to cheap government loans? Maybe?

It's impossible to get across some real thinking to someone as uneducated as you.
And the use of the word dork, shows your interminable immaturity.
Hence, your stupidity to the subject.
Bye!:eusa_boohoo:

One day you will come to realize that you are being fooled.

corporations dont pay taxes; they pass them on in the form of higher costs and layoffs

idiots and hypocrites

sure dork; i bet you belive in "change" though; record welfare and all.

And do you know exactly what you paid in taxes for the year or only how much you overpaid and let the government use for free?

BTW federal income tax is not the only tax you pay.

Thank you for proving my point that you have no clue how much you pay in taxes every year.

He has no clue period.
As I recall the actual tax rate is like 50% and up. Federals (which most people dont pay), state and local income taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, gasoline taxes, federal excise taxes on various items, etc et.c

That's pretty fucking vague as to exactly what rabbit paid in taxes for the year. Don't you think so to spider? Pretty fucking vague. And not exact at all. "as I recall.....is like 50% and up". Vague.

Hey, did you hear the one about the rabbit, the spider and a republican walk into the bar......?

What are you bitching at me for?

I made a simple and true statement that most of you idiots have no clue how much you pay in taxes every year.

Tell me do you know the exact dollar amount you paid in taxes in even the last month?

It's OK just say no we all know you don't and that's exactly how the government and the politician puppets you love so much want it.

People don't file a 1040 at the end of the year?

And do you know exactly what you paid in taxes for the year or only how much you overpaid and let the government use for free?

Thank you for proving my point that you have no clue how much you pay in taxes every year.

I don't know bout you......but I itemize

My 1040 has what I pay in federal, state and real estate taxes. Yes I know what I pay in taxes

Gas taxes, utility taxes phone taxes sales taxes excise taxes you know it all?

How do you people not understand the concept of consumer spending? Higher wages mean more consumer spending.

higher costs of labor means LESS JOBS. less jobs means less consumer spending overall.

You assume the raise in cost would be too high. It wouldn't be.

Who the hell are you to tell us how much will be too much?

have you bought groceries lately? how about filling your gas tank?
we are already suffering under this regime...Higher taxes, regulations out the ass on businesses that is passed onto us, being FORCED to purchase something by this fascist regime with ObamaCare or get FINED, ETC...
you don't get to dictate to the people how much is too much
go start a business and pay your employees 50 dollars an hour see how long you last

Last edited:
higher costs of labor means LESS JOBS. less jobs means less consumer spending overall.

we are already suffering under this regime...Higher taxes, regulations out the ass on businesses that is passed onto us, being FORCED to purchase something by this fascist regime with ObamaCare or get FINED, ETC...
go start a business and pay your employees 50 dollars an hour see how long you last
Agreed. Minimum wage goes up...so does everything else. The idiot OP just can't (or refuses) to understand it.

He has no clue period.
As I recall the actual tax rate is like 50% and up. Federals (which most people dont pay), state and local income taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, gasoline taxes, federal excise taxes on various items, etc et.c

That's pretty fucking vague as to exactly what rabbit paid in taxes for the year. Don't you think so to spider? Pretty fucking vague. And not exact at all. "as I recall.....is like 50% and up". Vague.

Hey, did you hear the one about the rabbit, the spider and a republican walk into the bar......?

What are you bitching at me for?

I made a simple and true statement that most of you idiots have no clue how much you pay in taxes every year.

Tell me do you know the exact dollar amount you paid in taxes in even the last month?

It's OK just say no we all know you don't and that's exactly how the government and the politician puppets you love so much want it.
I'll bet if they were made to PAY them monthly as their employer does (in lieu of their employer doing it for them), they'd know and would BITCH about what they're paying. You'd see a ground swell of support for the Flat or FAIR Tax.

Minimum wage was never meant to support a family on its for kids in high school and those who have just graduated and starting out in the workforce. If you want jobs that can earn people enough to support a family stop putting policies in place that discourage investment and business expansion.

Agreed. Minimum wage goes up...so does everything else. The idiot OP just can't (or refuses) to understand it.

So you believe that companies would be forced to raise their prices for their goods and services if they had to pay 3% or their workforce a dollar more on the hour?

Is that about right? 3% of the workforce makes minimum wage. How did they get so much power as to force the increase in prices?

And who is it that would force these companies to raise their prices?

Man, them minimum wage workers got some economic power don't they? To bad they are so damn poor.

I don't know bout you......but I itemize

My 1040 has what I pay in federal, state and real estate taxes. Yes I know what I pay in taxes

Gas taxes, utility taxes phone taxes sales taxes excise taxes you know it all?

Nope, but I know how much it adds to my bills

Minimum wage was never meant to support a family on its for kids in high school and those who have just graduated and starting out in the workforce. If you want jobs that can earn people enough to support a family stop putting policies in place that discourage investment and business expansion.

Problem is that minimum wage does not even pay enough to get started

I paid my entire college tuition on minimum wage

You know what? You are probably right. Minimum wage jobs were not meant to raise a family on. But when your good paying job is gone and your family is already here and the only job you could come up with was minimum wage, what would you suggest a worker do? Abandon his/her family so they can go on welfare? Live in a homeless shelter.

Apply for food stamps? What you want them to do when minimum wage jobs are what they can find and qualify for?

And I bet you got a list of a hundred of those policies put in place that discourages investment and business expansion.

You want to share that list?

Hell if giving a dollar raise to three percent of the work force causes companies to raise their prices, what happens when the company gives out million in bonus money to executives? Talk about price increases to pay for raises and bonuses.

Any of you right wingers know?

So you believe that companies would be forced to raise their prices for their goods and services if they had to pay 3% or their workforce a dollar more on the hour?

Is that about right? 3% of the workforce makes minimum wage. How did they get so much power as to force the increase in prices?

Man, them minimum wage workers got some economic power don't they? To bad they are so damn poor.
Do you always spout bullshit? Every time it is raised prices GO UP to cover it so businesses remain viable and their profit margin. It's been proven over and over. :eusa_hand:

Yep. And that includes wages for the people who are now going to be pissed that a sacker the Piggly Wiggly now makes as much as a someone just starting out in a real trade that he/had to actually work at.

Do you always spout bullshit? Every time it is raised prices GO UP to cover it so businesses remain viable and their profit margin. It's been proven over and over. :eusa_hand:

Do you always believe everything a right wing organization tells you? Post your link showing that what you say is true. I couldn't find the same results you claimed.

And how much do companies raise their prices after they pay out millions in executive bonus money? Do you have that info as well.

And with excellent profits for many corporations, how much would a modest increase in wages for three percent of the workers really hurt?

Yep. And that includes wages for the people who are now going to be pissed that a sacker the Piggly Wiggly now makes as much as a someone just starting out in a real trade that he/had to actually work at.

Damn....before you know it people will be making decent wages

Damn....before you know it people will be making decent wages

Some people.
The rest will be permanently unemployed. And thus ripe for Democratic recruitment.

I know this will be hard for you to understand, but.... the piggly wiggly guy, that's all he is gonna make.... minimum wage plus a little.

You can't hire someone with basic skills in any trade and get by paying them minimum wage. Unless they are illegals. Even people with aptitude but no skills for a trade get hired at more than minimum wage. At least where I am.

But while an inexperienced new hire trades person may start out not making much, they sure have a better upside than the piggly wiggly worker.

My point being that the tradesman in not gonna be mad at the piggly wiggly worker. They don't have the same career path and are not competing with each other.

You just want to promote class warfare among poor people.

Low wage workers being mad at other low wage workers cause one got a raise? I don't think so.

Question for the lefties? How much of an increase in the minimum wage would be too much in that it would hurt the economy rather than helping? What is the tipping point and why? Or is there a tipping point?

Forum List

Back