Hezbollah pagers blowing up...

What if my wife had been visiting family in Lebanon, perhaps strolling through the markets and a man's pager detonated next to her and blinded her because the Israelis had triggered it to do so.

You actually condone that?
Then she would have gone despite our state department telling all Americans not to travel to Lebanon, because of danger from Lebanese terrorists and an ongoing, armed conflict.

In other words, she would have accepted that risk before going.

Then she would have gone despite our state department telling all Americans not to travel to Lebanon, because of danger from Lebanese terrorists and an ongoing, armed conflict.

In other words, she would have accepted that risk before going.
To be candid up front: it is a simple truth that I mostly take issue with stuff said by Fort Fun. But in this case, I agree with him.

When my wife and I plan some future trips, we make a point of crossing off any war zones.

A girl was supposedly killed and you’re happy about this. Fucking psycho.
12 young children aged 1-9 killed by Hamas!
Additionally, 12 children aged 1 to 9 — 10 boys and two girls — were murdered in the Hamas massacres, according to Walla. Between the ages of 10 and 19, 36 civilians were murdered, 25 of them male and 11 female. The largest number of confirmed civilian victims, 421, were in the age group of 20-40.

Except this wasn’t terrorism.

Yes. I reject false premises. They make for crappy arguments.

More. I deny your false premise.

I’d love for you to learn that words have actual meaning despite your strained efforts to create false equivalencies.

The fail is all over you.
ThIs is fucking awesome!

Is the because you define "terrorism" based on the identity of the perpetrator?
Try to be rational.

Terrorism has a meaning. Apparently you don’t know or you simply don’t understand that meaning.

I’m actually a much more fair minded person than my USMB persona may have you thinking. Ergo, I shall accord you a chance to get back on solid ground:

Maybe, by referencing an unbiased dictionary, you would be willing to define the word “terrorism” for all of us.

If you cannot or will not do that, let me know. I can help.

What if my wife had been visiting family in Lebanon, perhaps strolling through the markets and a man's pager detonated next to her and blinded her because the Israelis had triggered it to do so.

The pager is focused. It attacks the person holding it. Now, if she were engaged in a lip lock with him, that's about the only way she would be harmed.

The collateral damage we are seeing is pagers that were on tables and the like, so secondary missile effect.

And, once again, you lay down with dogs and you are sure to get fleas.

Try to be rational.

Terrorism has a meaning. Apparently you don’t know or you simply don’t understand that meaning.

I’m actually a much more fair minded person than my USMB persona may have you thinking. Ergo, I shall accord you a chance to get back on solid ground:

Maybe, by referencing an unbiased dictionary, you would be willing to define the word “terrorism” for all of us.

If you cannot or will not do that, let me know. I can help.
OK so I think that's a "no" to my question, rather a lot of words used to say that, but still.

OK so whether an act is terrorism does NOT depend upon which actors commits the act, good, we agree on that at least.

So what does it depend on then?

What if your daughter was a Thai national, dancing at a peace festival in Israel?????

OK so I think that's a "no" to my question, rather a lot of words used to say that, but still.

OK so whether an act is terrorism does NOT depend upon which actors commits the act, good, we agree on that at least.

So what does it depend on then?
Have you been able to look up the actual definition of “terrorism,” yet?

Or do you require assistance? I can help.

Forum List

Back