HighSchool holds racist science fair.

Misleading thread title, one student entered a project regarding race and IQ, the entire science fair wasn't racist

Are you saying that questioning African American Intelligence is not racist?

That's not what I said at all. I said your thread title is misleading. Because one student's project dealt with race doesn't mean the entire science fair is racist

Good grief

Misleading thread title, one student entered a project regarding race and IQ, the entire science fair wasn't racist

Are you saying that questioning African American Intelligence is not racist?
--in the US they graduate at lower levels
you are trying to say they pinpointed AAs....I see the title as ''Race and IQ''
so they are not questioning AAs intelligence--but providing statistics on many races and IQ--yes?

is this another thread where the OP believes and thinks it's racist --when in reality it is not ??

Some of those outraged by the racially charged project say it points to a larger problem: the lack of ethnic diversity in the school’s elite HISP program.
it's a public high school.......
HISP
Humanities and International Studies Program (HISP) - C.K. McClatchy High School
CKM hosts a magnet Humanities and International Studies Program (HISP). Selection for HISP—an open enrollment opportunity district-wide—is highly competitive and entails additional requirements, including an essay exam, submission of transcripts, test scores, and teacher recommendations.

HISP has additional requirements both academic and extracurricular (community service and cultural event attendance). Visit the HISP website for complete information on applying to HISP including entrance requirements, application procedure, curriculum, and summer reading lists.

this looks like another ''blacks don't win enough Academy Awards BULLSHIT
they have to prove qualified ''minority'' kids were turned down for the program
qualified !!

A science fair project is the work a student does in order to answer a hypothesis and present the results.

It doesn't matter what the hypothesis is.
The project should try to answer the hypothesis.

People were most likely outraged about the hypothesis ...
The simple fact the student asked the question.

Just from appearances ... I am pretty sure the project didn't win any awards.
I doubt the hypothesis and any subsequent experimentation was sufficient to warrant much recognition.

When science stops asking questions due to preconceived notions ... We are in deep shi ... Global Warming.

Does i.q. really matter in today's world? Not even to mention the fact that science does not even know what intelligence is....so how could they possibly devise a test to measure something that is not even understood. All these tests in High School just make the African Americans feel even more alienated and segregated. Perhaps if we had more black teachers it might help and perhaps give African American kids the option of being taught by Black Teachers or Caucasoid teachers?

Does i.q. really matter in today's world? Not even to mention the fact that science does not even know what intelligence is....so how could they possibly devise a test to measure something that is not even understood. All these tests in High School just make the African Americans feel even more alienated and segregated. Perhaps if we had more black teachers it might help and perhaps give African American kids the option of being taught by Black Teachers or Caucasoid teachers?
Any standardized IQ test is relevant in the US, as there is a standard curriculum for all students regardless of race.

hard to find more qualified/black teachers:
they graduate at lower levels + they make up less of the population= not many at all
it shouldn't matter the color of the teacher
what really matters if they can graduate/learn to succeed in life....

atlanta-teachers-convicted-550x309.jpg

remember these black teachers??
TEACHERS SENTENCED TO 7 YEARS IN PRISON FOR CHANGING TEST SCORES IN THE ATLANTA CHEATING SCANDAL
Idiots

Caucasoid? Is that even a Word?

There is a lot that is understood about different types of intelligence and lots of tests that attempt to measure them.
I don’t think we have enough info in your OP/link to ascertain how the student attempted to prove their hypothesis.
Affirmative Action already exists, so what more would you like done to ‘have more black teachers’?
You’re a fan of segregation at school? Blacks with black teachers, whites with white? You sure that’s a good idea?

Of course IQ matters.

Forum List

Back