Hillary Rodham Clinton Speaks Out for Gay Marriage

All of these different types of marriage marginalizes real marriage (marriage brtween a man and a woman).

I have been married over 30 years. Allowing gays to marry does not affect my marriage one bit. Allowing people to divorce does not affect my own marriage
However, it may invite your grandchildren to experiment. That is how advertising works...

You really think a glossy poster or ad could make you suck a dick?

There is more heterosexual advertising around than anything and it still hasn't made me straight. Funny that...

However, it may invite your grandchildren to experiment. That is how advertising works...

Experiment with gay marriage? :cuckoo:

Nip, the bible judges everyone, so does god before he sends people to heaven or hell. So what's up with the quotes?

So, you never heard of anyone attempting something because others were doing it and saying it felt good? The government condones "gay" marriage, so it must be ok. A President practices oral sex, so it must be alright...

What's wrong with oral sex? :dunno:

Since Joseph never banged Mary, I'm guessing that that's all he got. :lol:

I dont consider it "gay rights"...for we dont have "heterosexual rights"

I simply consider them all rights of all Americans.

That should be the argument. Once you throw in a term that groups the people, it clouds the issue.

This is America...all men are created equal. Stay on that plane.

It worked in my mind set. It may work in the mindset of other conservatives.

On a side note...that is why I am against the "women protection" laws......

All people deserve equal protection. If some drunk 500 pound former sumo wrestler beats the crap out of me, why am I not afforded the same protection a woman is?

Think about it.

you are correct, of course. I personally have no issue with civil unions for gays. But marriage is a union of one man and one woman.

if two gays want to commit to each other for life, thats great. But its not a marriage.

Yes it is. In many churches already and in a growing number of states.

Yes many church's do....and i wouldn't sit foot in any of them just for this reason.

Actually, the more i think about this, the more i think it will become legal as our country is speeding toward a vast moral decay, and I think God is letting it happen. There's stories all through the Bible where God has pretty much given up on certain people and let them have their way. But it never turns out good for them. So i say just let them have what they want now, later they'll find out what fools they were.

you are correct, of course. I personally have no issue with civil unions for gays. But marriage is a union of one man and one woman.

if two gays want to commit to each other for life, thats great. But its not a marriage.

Yes many church's do....and i wouldn't sit foot in any of them just for this reason.

Actually, the more i think about this, the more i think it will become legal as our country is speeding toward a vast moral decay, and I think God is letting it happen. There's stories all through the Bible where God has pretty much given up on certain people and let them have their way. But it never turns out good for them. So i say just let them have what they want now, later they'll find out what fools they were.

My being able to marry the consenting adult partner of choice is not what will lead us to moral decay, but thanks for playing.

All of these different types of marriage marginalizes real marriage (marriage brtween a man and a woman).

I have been married over 30 years. Allowing gays to marry does not affect my marriage one bit. Allowing people to divorce does not affect my own marriage

Do you think children experiment because of advertising?

Your grandchildren will experiment with their sexuality regardless of how much you try to shield them.....they may even turn out to be gay

My being able to marry the consenting adult partner of choice is not what will lead us to moral decay, but thanks for playing.

Of course you don't think so, i didn't expect you to.

Of course you don't think so, i didn't expect you to.

You're right...you shouldn't expect it. It's hyperbolic and I don't play hyperbolic. You obviously do.

The US public has had a change of heart.

That's proof that few think for themselves. We're just a bunch of mindless sheep.
Should there be politicians who believe that it's not wrong to mandate separate but equal?

Or have they too abandoned their principles?

Should there be politicians who believe that women should not earn equal pay for equal work? Or are they a bunch of mindless sheep?

For you see, the resistance to social change always comes from Conservatives. Conservatives are consistently in keeping themselves behind the curve of history. If you do not believe me, please cite the Conservative champions of civil rights. good luck!

That's a joke right? Thanks for the laugh.

If they are consenting adults.....is there any reason three people should be barred from marrying? You can have a wife and mistress on the side and you do not break any laws

I'm not saying it would effect how you view your personal marriage. I believe it would reduce the societal influence of straight marriage.

Apparently, Rocko's marriage isn't as strong as yours.

I'm not homophobic. I don't feel threatened by gay marriage. I do concede it will probably be law of the land. I just disagree with it.

You keep a list of what churchs/sects do? share

So it's all god's fault that EVERY civilization in history goes thru a life cycle and eventually ends? Give us an example of a "people" where moral decay ruined a civilization.

I'm not homophobic. I don't feel threatened by gay marriage. I do concede it will probably be law of the land. I just disagree with it.

So, what did you mean by "All of these different types of marriage marginalizes real marriage (marriage brtween a man and a woman)." then?

So, what did you mean by "All of these different types of marriage marginalizes real marriage (marriage brtween a man and a woman)." then?

I don't think it's good for society because it's hurt's the institution of straight marriage. Do I think it's influence will be catastrophic? No.

I'm not saying it would effect how you view your personal marriage. I believe it would reduce the societal influence of straight marriage.

Marriage itself is in decline. If we had a concept of strong marriages, we would never be discussing same sex marriage. It wouldnt' happen. FIRST marriage has to be destroyed, then the issue of same sex marriage can be addressed.

Boston.com / News / Boston Globe / Opinion / Op-ed / Death of marriage in Scandinavia

So it's all god's fault that EVERY civilization in history goes thru a life cycle and eventually ends? Give us an example of a "people" where moral decay ruined a civilization.

Here......Just click on any state.........
http://www.gaychurch.org/find_a_church/united_states/united_states.htm

Also....I said God has given up on certain PEOPLE and let them have their way. There's a lot of people here in the US that he's given up on. I didn't say we were all going to die off or that any other civilization has.

That's proof that few think for themselves. We're just a bunch of mindless sheep.
Should there be politicians who believe that it's not wrong to mandate separate but equal?

Or have they too abandoned their principles?

Should there be politicians who believe that women should not earn equal pay for equal work? Or are they a bunch of mindless sheep?

For you see, the resistance to social change always comes from Conservatives. Conservatives are consistently in keeping themselves behind the curve of history. If you do not believe me, please cite the Conservative champions of civil rights. good luck!

That's a joke right? Thanks for the laugh.
No. Really. If indeed Conservatives lead the way on the advancement of social change like civil rights and work place safety and child labor and women's rights and same sex marriage equality, who lead the fight? Which Conservatives championed these issues?

Also....I said God has given up on certain PEOPLE and let them have their way. There's a lot of people here in the US that he's given up on. I didn't say we were all going to die off or that any other civilization has.

Ok, then....so how do we know when your god has 'given up on' someone?

When that person has no conscience....they don't care about others or their own. They're at the bottom of the barrel in their lives. I'm not saying they're poor and have nothing, it could be that person has loads of money and everything they want. But they're fools and have no real life. They keep turning their backs on God when He has offered his help. You can't say you've never known people like this. But it can change....that person has to want to change and accept God in their life. If not, then they live the life they earned.

I think the point is that throughout history civilizations have crumbled when the people lost their moral compass, whether you think God had a hand in it is dependent on your religious beliefs.

But look at the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Mayans, Axtecs----all once great civilizations who did great things and built great monuments. But when the people began to vote benefits for themselves or the rulers became corrupt, they collapsed.

We see the beginnings of that today in the USA. Everything is OK if it feels good, the govt will take care of you, the leaders ignore the basic precepts of the constitution. Religion is ridiculed, playing by the rules is deemed stupid. Our athletes and entertainers are considered the most valuable people in society based on what we pay them.

History will repeat itself if we allow it.

Forum List

Back