Hillary Rodham Clinton Speaks Out for Gay Marriage

So, any gay couple can go to their local justice of the peace and obtain a legal marriage license now?

The question was - after they win the gay marriage struggle, what's left to fight for?

Gay Pope

Done.

gay-pope-benedict-300.jpg

There are plenty of churches who do marry gay couples already.

That is true, and some also think Jesus was a nice man and the bible is a book of suggestions. But they have such pretty windows and nice woodwork. They must be real christians.

They must be. Are you suggesting otherwise?
Matthew 7:13-27
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

True and False Prophets
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

True and False Disciples
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
The Wise and Foolish Builders24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

That is true, and some also think Jesus was a nice man and the bible is a book of suggestions. But they have such pretty windows and nice woodwork. They must be real christians.

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

True and False Prophets
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

True and False Disciples
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
The Wise and Foolish Builders24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

It will be up to god, not you, who is false and who isn't.

None of which has anything to do with legal, civil marriage.

True and False Prophets

True and False Disciples

But 6000 years of husband and wife civil and religious unions do. If you noticed God said it. I copied and pasted it from His Holy Word and added nothing. There are other verses if you prefer.

True and False Prophets

True and False Disciples

But 6000 years of husband and wife civil and religious unions do. If you noticed God said it. I copied and pasted it from His Holy Word and added nothing. There are other verses if you prefer.
You didn't mention that 6,000 years ago men had multiple wives, and rich ones had concubines as well.

How amazing of her! And her brave and courageous stance is only 4 years after Dick Cheney did the same thing :clap2:

Dick Cheney's opinion evolved only because his daughter came out of the closet. If it wasn't for his daughter, he would still be of the opinion that gay marriage is wrong today.

So you know Cheney's opinion if his daughter hadn't been gay? ROFLMAO!

Wow! I love liberal elitist attitudes, they make for good laughs. They are still stupid and full of themselves.

True and False Prophets

True and False Disciples

From Wiki:

The trial judge in the case, Leon M. Bazile, echoing Johann Friedrich Blumenbach's 18th-century interpretation of race:

"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

Look at that...a JUDGE made the argument that the bible justified anti miscegenation laws. (SCOTUS over-ruled him.) Such fine company you are in.

Your mythologies should not determine our laws.

Social issues like civil rights require government intervention
That is an opinion.
Civil rights have been resolved. And that is not what we're taking about.
Today, social issues are about creating new protected classes and new entitlements.

You sound just like Lester Maddox

Truth is sometimes infuriating. So one unwilling to accept the facts must in response lash out with nonsense.
You and I have never spoken( Thank God) So how I could "sound" like another person to you is a mystery. Care to explain?

The US public has had a change of heart.

Just shows how much of the US public are brainless. They have their heads in the sand and they won't look around and see what's really happening.

I heard a rumor it could be Hitlery and Mooshell running together! :eek:

What's happening is called social progression. It eventually gave you, as a woman, the right to vote and also not be treated like a second-class citizen.

Social progression is now giving gay couples access to the same state and federal benefits granted to straight couples.

If you're straight, what difference does it make to you?
If someone wanted to take away something you hold dear based on a premise that it is ok with the majority, what difference does it make to me? None.
The point is the majority of Americans hold the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman dear to their hearts and it is based on that premise that they will not let that sanctity be destroyed without a fight.
This is nothing but a battle over what is politically correct.
I believe that most homosexuals will eschew marriage because of the nonsense that goes with it.
BTW, I see nothing here defending the rights of heterosexuals who live together outside the bond of marriage receiving any standing whatsoever.
For example, the city of Charlotte NC has passed local regulations to allow homosexual couples to share the health benefits with their city employee partner. However, this does not apply to heterosexual couples. That is unequal treatment.
Here's the trap. After all homosexual and heterosexual couples are allegedly no different, yes?

Just shows how much of the US public are brainless. They have their heads in the sand and they won't look around and see what's really happening.

What's happening is called social progression. It eventually gave you, as a woman, the right to vote and also not be treated like a second-class citizen.

Social progression is now giving gay couples access to the same state and federal benefits granted to straight couples.

If someone wanted to take away something you hold dear based on a premise that it is ok with the majority, what difference does it make to me? None.

What is being taken away?

The point is the majority of Americans hold the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman dear to their hearts and it is based on that premise that they will not let that sanctity be destroyed without a fight.

Nobody is "destroying the sanctity" of anything. The "sanctity of marriage" went away with drive through weddings in Las Vegas...and it ain't "the gheys" doing it.

No, it is a battle for equal rights. Shame you don't realize that.

I believe that most homosexuals will eschew marriage because of the nonsense that goes with it.

What nonsense is that? I believe that committed, consenting adult, loving couples will marry. Why do you fear that so much? If my marrying can affect yours to such a degree, the problem is with YOUR marriage, not mine.

BTW, I see nothing here defending the rights of heterosexuals who live together outside the bond of marriage receiving any standing whatsoever.
For example, the city of Charlotte NC has passed local regulations to allow homosexual couples to share the health benefits with their city employee partner. However, this does not apply to heterosexual couples. That is unequal treatment.

Seriously? You're crying "discrimination" because a city in a state that won't allow gays to marry, tosses them a meatless bone? The unequal treatment comes as a result of gays and lesbians not being able to legally marry, not because a city tried to even out the playing field just a little bit.

Last edited:

Here's the trap. After all homosexual and heterosexual couples are allegedly no different, yes?

In North Carolina, homosexual couples do not have an alternative. The closest they get to marriage is a civil union...so it only makes sense to allow them the financial and other benefits of marriage.

However....

There is a percentage of homosexuals in NC that live together and do not wish to marry, even if afforded the right.....just as there is a percentage of heterosexual couples that l;ive together and do not wish to marry.

So, yes, there is a reason to see "unfair rights" to one group over another as it pertains to those couples.

However, the scales of fairness tilt to the heterosexual couples as it pertains to marriage.....

Even if one is a bigot against gay folks, what I'd be interested in finding out is how granting a gay couple the same "rights" that a heterosexual couple take for granted is even slightly contrary to the interests of anybody else.

Nobody is "destroying the sanctity" of anything. The "sanctity of marriage" went away with drive through weddings in Las Vegas...and it ain't "the gheys" doing it.

What nonsense is that? I believe that committed, consenting adult, loving couples will marry. Why do you fear that so much? If my marrying can affect yours to such a degree, the problem is with YOUR marriage, not mine.

Seriously? You're crying "discrimination" because a city in a state that won't allow gays to marry, tosses them a meatless bone? The unequal treatment comes as a result of gays and lesbians not being able to legally marry, not because a city tried to even out the playing field just a little bit.
Yes, it is being threatened for destruction. People believe marriage between one man and one woman is sacrosanct. And that's all that matters.

In North Carolina, homosexual couples do not have an alternative. The closest they get to marriage is a civil union...so it only makes sense to allow them the financial and other benefits of marriage.

However....

There is a percentage of homosexuals in NC that live together and do not wish to marry, even if afforded the right.....just as there is a percentage of heterosexual couples that l;ive together and do not wish to marry.

So, yes, there is a reason to see "unfair rights" to one group over another as it pertains to those couples.

However, the scales of fairness tilt to the heterosexual couples as it pertains to marriage.....
Nice try. You evaded the question.

This is nothing but a push to create yet another politically correct protected class.

Yes, it is being threatened for destruction. People believe marriage between one man and one woman is sacrosanct. And that's all that matters.

No it isn't being threatened with destruction, Captain Hyperbole. The people that believe that, should probably not marry a person of the same sex then.

Allowing more people access to legal, civil marriage can only serve to strengthen, not destroy the institution.

Are you aware that the same kinds of people that want to "protect the sanctity of marriage" tried to stop blacks from marrying whites for the same reason? They even used the bible to justify their bigoted position. They lost. You will too.

Forum List

Back