Hillary Supporters

Can you please explain to me why it was necessary for Hillary to have a private server to conduct State Department business? I haven't heard a good reason yet.

Thanks.
She used one, legally apparently, it wasn't necessary.

I've worked for the government. Everything I've done for the government was subject to sunshine laws, including what I did on my own personal computer, which was 0.00001% of my work.

I had to, by law, maintain all my work and not delete it. If I did not, I was in violation of the law.

As someone who has worked for the government subject to sunshine laws, I'm trying to understand why Hillary felt it necessary to conduct such business on a personal server.
Exactly!

One can only come to the logical conclusion, that she was wanting to hide things.

After all, she is a Clinton.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hide what things? Where will your imagination take you?

Dummy.....every email she sent or received is also on someone else's server. Have you ever thought of that? Hillary Clinton cannot hide things.

Now would be a good time to learn to read an org chart. Example - Congress exempts itself from laws it passes.

What do you mean?
What happens are the very top is not the same as what happens at the bottom, and don't expect it to be.

So, we should blithely accept what people do at the top of the org chart, regardless if it is unethical or illegal?
Nope, but don't be shocked with the rules are bent, or even broken.

No doubt.

But that still isn't a good reason.

They are all wary of the media. The media has morphed into something that has failed to inform and over delivered on entertainment.

And....before you bring up Trump......he's an entertainer and his media honeymoon isn't over yet.

Lolz ... I didn't bring Trump up ... You did though :p

She voted for the illegal invasion of Iraq, so she is vulnerable to making mistakes as big as 'W's. Misusing email is small potatoes.

Now would be a good time to learn to read an org chart. Example - Congress exempts itself from laws it passes.

What do you mean?
What happens are the very top is not the same as what happens at the bottom, and don't expect it to be.

So, we should blithely accept what people do at the top of the org chart, regardless if it is unethical or illegal?
Nope, but don't be shocked when the rules are bent, or even broken.

No doubt.

But that still isn't a good reason.
That's exactly the point, it doesn't have to be.

Hillary was actually running the Silk Road marketplace.

They are all wary of the media. The media has morphed into something that has failed to inform and over delivered on entertainment.

And....before you bring up Trump......he's an entertainer and his media honeymoon isn't over yet.

Lolz ... I didn't bring Trump up ... You did though :p

Yes....saving you the time is all. You are welcome.

What do you mean?

Allow me to splain this to you Toto, I know you are Canadian, so I will type slowly!!

If they have a (D) after their name.Yes- you should blithely accept. Democrats have good intentions, so they should be forgiven for their ethical lapses.

If it's an (R), then, no, you should investigate and prosecute to the fullest extent to fhe law!! Republicans are evil!!

PS- Black lives matter!

Can you please explain to me why it was necessary for Hillary to have a private server to conduct State Department business? I haven't heard a good reason yet.

Thanks.
because she's hillary ? she doesn't need any reasons, get used to it harper...

Thanks.

For the same reason Secretary of State Collin Powell did it.

Practically speaking it grants her a measure of control over her personal emails. She's obligated to turn over all emails related to her work as Secretary of State. But she has no obligation to turn over personal emails. If the servers were government owned, they could be subpoenaed in total, work related and personal alike.

And republicans are notorious fishermen. The best counter to this is to give them as small a pond to fish in as possible. As Clinton's control of her personal emails demonstrates.

Once the existence of Clinton's private email server was revealed, it should have been immediately disconnected and impounded. That is standard procedure where I have worked for government agencies when there is any possibility of a security leak. But of course National Security is not nearly as important as Hillary's image and her ability to control information.

Thanks.

Practically speaking it grants her a measure of control over her personal emails. She's obligated to turn over all emails related to her work as Secretary of State. But she has no obligation to turn over personal emails. If the servers were government owned, they could be subpoenaed in total, work related and personal alike.

And republicans are notorious fishermen. The best counter to this is to give them as small a pond to fish in as possible. As Clinton's control of her personal emails demonstrates.

He used a private server? Are you sure?

Thanks.
The real question should be: Why does it even matter Toro? It was common practice already, by the time Hillary chose to do such.... it was not out of the ordinary at all...

The previous Secretary of State, Colin Powell, ALSO USED a Private Server of his own, to conduct State Department business/emails AND he DID NOT turn ANY of his emails, government business or private, over to the government, when he left his position....and the State department is NOW asking for them and he says he has NONE to turn over, his records are all gone.... and this is fine and dandy.

By omitting important information and context from the Hillary Clinton email story, are reporters and pundits guilty of trying to make the episode more interesting and more nefarious than it actually is?

As the press demands answers regarding which private emails Clinton handed over to the State Department and which ones she withheld because she deemed them to be personal in nature, many journalists fail to include relevant information about prominent Republicans who have engaged in similar use of private email accounts while in office, specifically former Secretary of State Colin Powell and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

By omitting references to Powell and Bush and how they handled private emails while in office, the press robs news consumers of key information. It's also material that deflates the overheated suspicions of a wide-ranging Clinton cover-up.

Appearing on ABCs This Week on Sunday, Powell was asked how he responded to the State Department request last year that all former secretaries hand over emails from their time in office. Powell confirmed that he had used private email while secretary but that he didn't hand over any emails to the State Department because his private emails were all gone.

"I don't have any to turn over," he explained. "I did not keep a cache of them. I did not print them off. I do not have thousands of pages somewhere in my personal files." Powell's revelation is important because it puts into perspective the email protocol of a former secretary of state. By his own account, Powell's emails, unlike Clinton's, include his regular communications with foreign dignitaries. What was he emailing them in the lead-up to the war in Iraq? We'll never know. Two Names The Press Omits From Email Coverage Colin Powell And Jeb Bush Blog Media Matters for America

And so here's why Jeb Bush's name is conspicuously absent from the current coverage: He did the exact same thing. Like, the exact same thing.

From the Tampa Bay Times [emphasis added]:

The former governor conducted all his communication on his private [email protected] account and turned over the hand-selected batch to the state archives when he left office. Absent from the stash are emails the governor deemed not relevant to the public record: those relating to politics, fundraising and personal matters while he was governor.

And again here, the Tampa Bay Times reported Bush, "hand-picked emails from his time as governor to help build his case for a 2016 primary run for president."

Who decided which emails were "relevant to the public record"? Jeb Bush.

Obviously if journalists consistently include that nugget it deflates the Clinton narrative, especially the one about her being uniquely secretive. If Jeb Bush, who might be the Republican nominee for president, went through half-a-million private emails from his days as governor and self-selected which one's he'd let the public see and which one were truly private, that completely diminishes the media's preferred narrative that Clinton went rogue and somehow broke all the rules.

She did not.

But that's not the story the press wants to tell.

Thanks.
She used one, legally apparently, it wasn't necessary.

I've worked for the government. Everything I've done for the government was subject to sunshine laws, including what I did on my own personal computer, which was 0.00001% of my work.

I had to, by law, maintain all my work and not delete it. If I did not, I was in violation of the law.

As someone who has worked for the government subject to sunshine laws, I'm trying to understand why Hillary felt it necessary to conduct such business on a personal server.

Some animals are more equal than others

The real question should be: Why does it even matter Toro? It was common practice already, by the time Hillary chose to do such.... it was not out of the ordinary at all...

It's common practice, is it? Is Biden using one? What about Kerry? Jack Lew? Ashton Carter? Loretta Lynch? Obama isn't using one.

Your defense seems to rest upon "Two Republicans did it therefore it doesn't matter." So if we can find two Republicans who did something wrong, unethical or illegal, that gives Democrats carte blanche to do the same thing too, regardless?

It matters because government business - in this case highly sensitive business as Secretary of State - is being conducted over a private server that she, not the government for whom she works, controls. It should be fairly obvious why this is important - you can much more easily destroy files you don't want others to see on your own server than the government's. That is a conflict of interest. Even if everything is above board, it creates the impression of conflicts and undermines trust in government.

In a time when there is so much mistrust of government, and given all the drama and sleaze that have surrounded the Clintons in the past, you'd think they'd go out of their way to ensure that everything was above board. Unless, if the Clinton detractors are correct, the drama and sleaze are part of the Clintons' DNA.

I asked for Hillary supporters to explain why she felt it necessary to use a private server because I haven't heard a good reason yet. I still haven't.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back