Hillary won the popular vote ... so???

What would have happened if the rules in the last election were switched to popular vote?

• Hillary would still have won by the exact same 3 million popular vote margin

• Trump would have run a different campaign and won the popular vote

• It still would have been close, but there's no way to know who would have won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Check with the CIA, FBI, or any of the other intelligence agencies.

Have you seen it? You probably ought to forward it to Mueller because he obviously hasn't and it's kinda his whole point of existing right now.

Either that or you're just repeating bullshit you saw on TV like every other bed wetting libtard lunatic.

You have no idea what Mueller has or hasn’t seen.

We know what he has, nothing. Trump has been investigated almost two years now and there's no evidence

Really? He's indicting people all over the place because he has nothing?

I chose that it would be too close to call. It’s folly to think that you would run a drastically (key word there) different campaign if you were trying to get more people to vote for you than a targeted group in a few states. Yes you would do some broad strokes differently but you wouldn’t be able to move the needle much because with technology being what it is; all campaign stops in a general election are nationally observed. If I had to pick from the first 2 choices, I would have agreed with the plurality that Trump would have won anyway.

Additionally, for those who think Hillary would have won, Trump out maneuvered her in the EC; what makes you think he wouldn’t have done it nationwide? Please observe:

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 3.36.59 PM.png

It pretty much shows why she lost; no attention paid to Wisconsin, Michigan…26 electoral votes. Meanwhile Iowa was visited quite often and she lost. What was she going to do, campaign more in California and the NE to get more votes there in a PV contest.

It is a good sign that Ms. Clinton; clearly the superior candidate when judging by resumes, got so many more votes than the disgusting clown that won the Presidency and the electoral vote. The margins of Trump’s victory were so very thin:

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 3.47.40 PM.png

it speaks well for the Democrat’s chances in 2020.

Democrats should also keep in mind that the only reason they are remotely relevant is because of the Electoral College. The nation is much more self-absorbed than in the past and the political atmosphere is much harsher toward the outliers in the society than it used to be; We have a president calling a bunch of people chanting White Supremacist rhetoric “very fine people”. This isn’t baked and re-hashed and decades ago as many of his disgusting acts were; it’s a direct quote from less than a year ago. Its a sad commentary but this sort of rhetoric actually wins him points with his base.

Source material:

Map: Hillary Clinton’s campaign stops - The Boston Globe
United States presidential election, 2016 - Wikipedia
In his own words: President Trump on Charlottesville protest

'Hillary won the popular vote ..'

Trump is President.
McCabe was fired & about to be indicted.
Comey is being probed.
Lynch is next...
Mueller & Rosenstein are in hot water..
The DOJ has re-opened Hillary's case....

So, how's that 'popularity contest win' working out, snowflakes? :p
more like the poop vote.just go to los Angeles. lots of poop there

Have you seen it? You probably ought to forward it to Mueller because he obviously hasn't and it's kinda his whole point of existing right now.

Either that or you're just repeating bullshit you saw on TV like every other bed wetting libtard lunatic.

You gotta get your face outta Glenn Beck's crotch occasionally and look at some real news. This has been a known fact since before the inauguration.

The FBI published a comprehensive report months and months ago. The whole "what Russian interference" narrative has been dead in the water since then.

We know what he has, nothing. Trump has been investigated almost two years now and there's no evidence

Really? He's indicting people all over the place because he has nothing?

Ah. When you said Trump, I thought you were talking about Trump. Never mind then

We elect the President with the Electoral College Trump won that and by a pretty wide margin we will never what the result would have been if we decided the Presidency on the popular vote because the candidates would use different campigan strategies.

We elect the President with the Electoral College Trump won that and by a pretty wide margin we will never what the result would have been if we decided the Presidency on the popular vote because the candidates would use different campigan strategies.

It was funny how when Obama won, the Democrats crowed about the EV difference and didn't give a shit about PV. Then when Trump won the EV by a wide margin and Hillary won the PV, in their typical style, they flipped positions. Flipping positions to what serves their selfish short term interest is what leftists do best.

Like how they're against Trumps ME policy which is the same one they supported when Obama did it and the same one they opposed when W did it. Suddenly they're against tariffs, which they always wanted. They're suddenly against Gerrymandering, which they always did.

Democrats are just hypocrites

Actually, it is not. It completely works, to keep only one populous region from determining an election
Nonsense. 30 out of 50 states voted for Trump. Only 20 voted for Hillary. One region can not decide for an entire country, thus why the electoral college was put in place.
She lost even though she received three million more votes. If the Republicans want to pretend that the EC vote gives them some kind of mandate, right in the face of the popular vote, that's up to them. You'd think they would realize that losing the popular vote should at least be a mitigating consideration, but that has not happened.

The next elections are coming up, and we'll see how that worked out for them.

But then only a few states are making this decision. Only 12 states actually have the power to decide an Presidential election today.

The system is broken.

With a PR style system, no one area of the country would decide, the whole country would decide together as a democratic unit, rather than some kind of "you've got three votes, but you've only got one, but it doesn't matter because neither of you actually matter anyway, so fuck off" as exists right now.

No, actually, you're completely wrong there.

bbstates_custom-e0c6c871e5a185100d0be94271fba73c0a365998-s1100-c15.jpg

Here's a map of the US spending by the two main parties. You can twelve states. Fuck the rest of the states, they don't matter. You're in Texas? You don't count.

In the German Federal election 2017 it doesn't matter where you're from, your vote COUNTS. No one region controls anything at all.

800px-German_Federal_Election_2017_-_Results_by_Constituency_%26_Regional_Seats.svg.png

This is a German map. In the Constituency vote which is FPTP like the US, the black party and blue party are the same, they're CDU and CSU (the latter being a sister party, the CDU doesn't run in Bavaria and the CSU doesn't run everywhere else).

The black party controlled most of the country. Bavaria, Baden-Wuettemberg, the former East Germany.

They gained 77% of the seats, even though they got 37.2% of the vote. Is that fair?

With PR, where a vote for a party counts no matter where you are, they gained only 246 seats out of 701 which is slightly more than the 33% of the vote they gained under PR.

No part of the country decides the election, the WHOLE COUNTRY as one decides.

The same would happen in the US.

In California 31.62% of people voted Republican. Their voice was drowned out by the 61.73% who voted Democrat.

Under PR their voice would not be drowned out, IT WOULD COUNT. Same for Democrats in Texas.

A little understand of the system will go a long way here.

It was funny how when Obama won, the Democrats crowed about the EV difference and didn't give a shit about PV. Then when Trump won the EV by a wide margin and Hillary won the PV, in their typical style, they flipped positions. Flipping positions to what serves their selfish short term interest is what leftists do best.

Like how they're against Trumps ME policy which is the same one they supported when Obama did it and the same one they opposed when W did it. Suddenly they're against tariffs, which they always wanted. They're suddenly against Gerrymandering, which they always did.

Plenty of hypocrisy to go around.

They are so fucking stupid and meaningless!!! They corrupt the system and make candidates care about only a few so called battle ground states. No one wants to live in OH, but every 4 years the state gets treated like a superstar.

Is the electoral College Outdated?
Yes.

We are in a time of technology. There would be more speeches and ads on tv. I don't live in a swing state and don't see much at all. They woul;d spread their message throughout the US instead of just the swing states. Just my thought.

It's beyond me, other than maybe one side believing that it gives an advantage. In my opinion, it should be by popular vote. Also, it's believed that the higher the population of a state, the more votes that state deserves. It's almost like saying that the citizens in California deserve more say in government than those that live in North Dakota. Equal representation should mean exactly that, no exceptions. In my opinion, the whole political process is screwed up.

upload_2018-4-21_20-2-21.png

upload_2018-4-21_20-2-50.png

The election is determined by the electoral college. Everyone knew that going in.

The popular vote doesn’t matter.

If you want the popular vote to matter, pass a constitutional amendment.

Plenty of hypocrisy to go around

Especially for you since I remember clearly how you're one of the ones after the Obama election how you blew off the popular vote and only cared about the electoral college vote. The site has a search feature. Want to challenge me on that?

Especially for you since I remember clearly how you're one of the ones after the Obama election how you blew off the popular vote and only cared about the electoral college vote. The site has a search feature. Want to challenge me on that?

Challenge you on what?

Challenge you on what?

Try reading my post again ...

Challenge you on what?

Try reading my post again ...

Again, I have no idea what you're so riled up about.

Plenty of hypocrisy to go around.

They are so fucking stupid and meaningless!!! They corrupt the system and make candidates care about only a few so called battle ground states. No one wants to live in OH, but every 4 years the state gets treated like a superstar.

Is the electoral College Outdated?
Yes.

We are in a time of technology. There would be more speeches and ads on tv. I don't live in a swing state and don't see much at all. They woul;d spread their message throughout the US instead of just the swing states. Just my thought.

It's beyond me, other than maybe one side believing that it gives an advantage. In my opinion, it should be by popular vote. Also, it's believed that the higher the population of a state, the more votes that state deserves. It's almost like saying that the citizens in California deserve more say in government than those that live in North Dakota. Equal representation should mean exactly that, no exceptions. In my opinion, the whole political process is screwed up.

View attachment 189342

View attachment 189343

Yes, Trump is an absolute fraud, and his followers are even worse.

Forum List

Back