Hillary's biggest gaffe during the debate...It will come back to haunt her if she's the nominee

That quote proves he was never willing to work with republicans.

The "quote" you're claiming never happened. He showed repeatedly that he wanted to work with them.

We now KNOW they not only never intended to work with him, they had a meeting on the day he was inaugurated.

The Republicans’ Plan for the New President – Inside Obama’s Presidency - FRONTLINE

obama republicans sit in the back - Yahoo Video Search Results

about the 1:50 mark

Was it a bus he was talking about? No, he was telling the GOP that they were no longer in the driver's seat of the car.

RWers with a victim complex have been misquoting it ever since.

No, he was telling the GOP that they were no longer in the driver's seat of the car.

he told them they had to sit in the back.

Are you going to pick nits over this, after I gave you a video showing that he did, in fact, said they have to sit in the back?

Of a CAR. He told them he was driving.

Victim hood is adorable on the GOP though.

Oh, a car and not a bus.

That's much different. That changes DumBama's message totally. o_O

Anderson Cooper asked her which enemies are you proud to have made during your political career. Her answer was Republicans. I was dumbfounded on how stupid she could be. Of course the left winged partisans on this board will say her answer was great...they're morons...and I didn't start this thread for the purpose of having a partisan debate anyway. I started this thread to discus how stupid Hilary's comment was and how much it will hurt her. I don't know what compelled her to say such a politically stupid thing. I guess that she was feeling too comfortable with the left winged circle jerk that was going and she accidentally revealed her true colors maybe? I dunno...the question I have is how bad will this mistake hurt her if she wins the nomination?

of course she hates half the country

Anderson Cooper asked her which enemies are you proud to have made during your political career. Her answer was Republicans. I was dumbfounded on how stupid she could be. Of course the left winged partisans on this board will say her answer was great...they're morons...and I didn't start this thread for the purpose of having a partisan debate anyway. I started this thread to discus how stupid Hilary's comment was and how much it will hurt her. I don't know what compelled her to say such a politically stupid thing. I guess that she was feeling too comfortable with the left winged circle jerk that was going and she accidentally revealed her true colors maybe? I dunno...the question I have is how bad will this mistake hurt her if she wins the nomination?

With any luck, she'll hate far more than half a year from now.

And with any more luck, fall in love with her cell mate.

I thought it was stupid too. She basically alienated half the nation.

Excellent point, she didn't qualify republicans by saying republicans in office, she just said republicans.So I guess all republican citizens should now know she considers them enemies.
The list of Republicans who don't reflexively and unthinkingly hate her is probably magnitudes shorter than the list who do.

I don't understand why you're sticking up for her. Forget about republicans, was what she said not stupid politics?
He's a fucking leftie. At EVERY SINGLE TURN he is mocking the right & defending the left. EVERY TIME.

He creates threads about once every few weeks PRETENDING to be conservative thinking it provides him cover.

He is only SLIGHTLY more intelligent than Fake Jake.

Given frothing bug-eyed hate that the righties on this thread constantly spew at liberals, they're actually criticizing Hillary for her joke? Wow. Hypocrisy meter is pegged high and blowing a fuse.

Look, I understand how most Republicans consider hypocrisy to be a resume-builder, a prerequisite for holding office, but they need to understand that normal humans don't think like that.

And righties, please keep up this crybaby act. We appreciate the votes it brings us.

Given frothing bug-eyed hate that the righties on this thread constantly spew at liberals, they're actually criticizing Hillary for her joke? Wow. Hypocrisy meter is pegged high and blowing a fuse.

Look, I understand how most Republicans consider hypocrisy to be a resume-builder, a prerequisite for holding office, but they need to understand that normal humans don't think like that.

And righties, please keep up this crybaby act. We appreciate the votes it brings us.

No problem. It's only half of the votes Democrats are willing to give Trump--the guy you're constantly crying about.

This Republican is happy with Hillary's acknowledgment. As for the complaining, more-and-more I sense my fellow Republicans have fallen to thought they need to one-up the Democrats in their ways. I think it is best to leave the fake outrage and overly sensitivity to the liberals.

Should I post what your party's candidates have said about Democrats?

Plz do so, it's not "my party" Republicans are whom you speak of... But yes, show us how Hillary is just like the Republicans you blame for why nothing works.

she already does he pandering gives her away

How could it possibly hurt her? Hillary Derangement Syndrome is already metastasized and is in Stage IV. There is nothing Hillary could possible say or do that will ever cause a Republican to say, "Sounds good to me!"

She has nothing to lose that isn't already dead.
Yes she does - she has moderates to lose and she needs them.

Do I think that this statement is going to be a big deal - no I do not but it does show that she certainly is not in a mind to espouse cooperation.

Do you really think that the 'they are the enemy' is going to fly with the center and win elections? If you actually believe that it does not have dire consequences then you have not been watching the republicans get their asses handed to them - one of their chief talking points is always destroying the democrats (or the democrat agenda). The center does not like that narrative - even less now when it has been flushed out as paralyzing to the government.

How could it possibly hurt her? Hillary Derangement Syndrome is already metastasized and is in Stage IV. There is nothing Hillary could possible say or do that will ever cause a Republican to say, "Sounds good to me!"

In the Democratic primary it won't hurt her in a general election where you have moderates and independents voting it could.
Moderates and independents are intelligent enough to understand what she meant.
And they *should* slap her for what she meant.

I thought it was stupid too. She basically alienated half the nation.

Excellent point, she didn't qualify republicans by saying republicans in office, she just said republicans.So I guess all republican citizens should now know she considers them enemies.
The list of Republicans who don't reflexively and unthinkingly hate her is probably magnitudes shorter than the list who do.

I don't understand why you're sticking up for her. Forget about republicans, was what she said not stupid politics?
He's a fucking leftie. At EVERY SINGLE TURN he is mocking the right & defending the left. EVERY TIME.

He creates threads about once every few weeks PRETENDING to be conservative thinking it provides him cover.

He is only SLIGHTLY more intelligent than Fake Jake.
Bullshit.
G is one of the few on here that are actual small government proponents - he has just, as many others have, recognized that the right does not do a damn thing that they claim to 'stand for.'

Eviscerating those that might support you if you were actually putting people that didn't lie to your face in charge will eventually take the republican party down.

Yes she does - she has moderates to lose and she needs them.

Do I think that this statement is going to be a big deal - no I do not but it does show that she certainly is not in a mind to espouse cooperation.

You are correct that we Americans have a short memory. However what she said is written in stone and can be used by whoever the Republican presidential candidate is.

After all, when these politicians make those ads, they don't tell you what they are running on, they tell you what's wrong with their opponent.

It's wrong if either side does it. Rs and Ds are suppose to balance each other out, bring different ideas to the table, compromise on what's best for this country. Neither side is much good at it. To call half the country 'enemy' is wrong and is especially wrong coming from one running for - or who is - potus.

Rachel Maddow did a pretty good summation of this the other night.

One of Obama's biggest mistakes in the first term was thinking that he could bridge the gap and work with Republicans. This is while he had a super majority in Congress. What happened? They gummed up every initiative that Obama put up and changed single payer into individual mandate, then tried to block passage. It's only fairly recently that he's realized what a huge error in judgement that was..

Hillary Clinton knows the score. And if she wants to rally the base and get folks excited, she's going to have to call republicans what they are..

The enemy.

Very true

The press has been too lenient on Republican antics and tries to spread the blame rather than hear Republicans whine about how "unfair" the press is to them

Can you imagine if it was the Democrats who were putting on the circus that the GOP candidates are?

They would be laughed out of town

Can you imagine if the Democrats refused to play golf with Ronald Reagan or whiffed at the chance to watch the game with George W. Bush?

Can you imagine if a member of Democratic congress member brought a person to the SOTU who openly pronounced he would like to kill the Republican President?

Can you imagine what would happen to a Democratic member of congress blurting out "You lie" in the middle of a Presidential speech?

The press has really been negligent here.

Republicans have found the presses prime vulnerabilty. A desire to be fair

You criticize us more than you criticize the Dems. But when it is the Republicans shutting down government or acting the clown...they deserve to be criticized

Instead the press plays the Congress is broken card while ignoring the reason it is broken
And yet here you are applauding Hillary for making statements that reinforce that critical break.

And you will continue to blame republicans for it as well with congratulations for Hillary when she refuses to work with the 'enemy.' Cognitive dissonance indeed. It amazes me how someone can say that the republicans are so terrible because they refuse to compromise and then, in the same damn thought, state that Obama's worst quality is that he tried to compromise.
Obama wasted six years trying to work with the republicans. Since he figured out it wasn't going to happen and went his own way, he has been more successful

It will be the new norm until Republicans resolve their internal issues and get back to governing

Hillary found her stride during the debate. She was confident and well prepared

She showed the Republicans what being "Presidential" looks like

Yes, she and her cohorts detailed how they would expand the welfare state. Good job.
They detailed how they would help the American people.....Republicans were outraged

Yes, she and her cohorts detailed how they would expand the welfare state. Good job.
They detailed how they would help the American people.....Republicans were outraged

Expanding the welfare state and making millions of Americans dependent on government is helping them? With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Years ago people used to help themselves and not depend on anybody. Of course back then, we valued liberty and had integrity.

Expanding the welfare state and making millions of Americans dependent on government is helping them? With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Years ago people used to help themselves and not depend on anybody. Of course back then, we valued liberty and had integrity.

Doing things to help Americans is not a welfare state
Dems talk things like free college, low cost healthcare
Republicans argue over who can build the biggest wall

Taking from taxpayers to spend on citizens is the welfare state. There is no such thing as Free. There is giving somebody something and making somebody else pay for it, i.e., welfare state.

Taking from taxpayers to spend on citizens is the welfare state. There is no such thing as Free. There is giving somebody something and making somebody else pay for it, i.e., welfare state.

You have a point, taking money away from me to build crappy weapons systems that do nothing but enrich a few and keep people employed in the dumbfuck states is pretty maddening.

And the best part of about it? Is the brag.

Forum List

Back