Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

Fire was still burning and you are blaming Muslims
What an ass
Conservatism is a cult. They blame Muslims for many of the world's problems just like Nazi's blamed Jews. It's the same mindset that feels compelled to cast blame on their enemies.
----------------------------------- whats wrong with Healthy speculation , questioning and thinking about this burning of this Famous Christian Building . And who is Casting Blame Faun
Bigotry is not healthy speculation.

Muslims have burned other Christian buildings in Europe in past- what's "bigoted" about looking at those with a history of this kind of thing first?
Christians have attacked Mosques... employing the brain-dead bigoted logic of the right, Christians probably started yesterday's fire in the Jerusalem mosque.

See how stupid that is?
-------------------------------------------------- Not stupid , there MAY have been Lefty Westerners that started the fire . Many Lefty Westerners sure do hate Western Civilization Faun . [remember the anti Western chant from the 60s that you were chanting as a young college 'feck' Faun ]

but as regards the Notre Dame burning , it MAY have been an act of terrorism in my opinion Ladies and Gents .
May have been spaceships from mars
We can't be sure

You should have one of the older kids explain to you the notion of probability some day.
LOL

High probability among anti Muslim bigots
Tragic accident to everyone else

Sad that you use such a tragic event to spread your hate
Not what cathedrals are about

Conservatism is a cult. They blame Muslims for many of the world's problems just like Nazi's blamed Jews. It's the same mindset that feels compelled to cast blame on their enemies.
----------------------------------- whats wrong with Healthy speculation , questioning and thinking about this burning of this Famous Christian Building . And who is Casting Blame Faun

Muslims have burned other Christian buildings in Europe in past- what's "bigoted" about looking at those with a history of this kind of thing first?
Christians have attacked Mosques... employing the brain-dead bigoted logic of the right, Christians probably started yesterday's fire in the Jerusalem mosque.

See how stupid that is?
-------------------------------- Speculate about the 'mosk' burning all you like . Unless you are trying to change topic , who cares about a 'mosk' burning in Jerusalem or a USA Federal Building Faun and Bode ??
I care about bigotry. It's what motivated the Nazi's and it's what motivates conservatives.

See how stupid that is?
-------------------------------- Speculate about the 'mosk' burning all you like . Unless you are trying to change topic , who cares about a 'mosk' burning in Jerusalem or a USA Federal Building Faun and Bode ??
I care about bigotry. It's what motivated the Nazi's and it's what motivates conservatives.

No it wasn't, and no it isn't

You're just using this tragic event to promote your own bias and bigotry.

See how stupid that is?
-------------------------------------------------- Not stupid , there MAY have been Lefty Westerners that started the fire . Many Lefty Westerners sure do hate Western Civilization Faun . [remember the anti Western chant from the 60s that you were chanting as a young college 'feck' Faun ]
Moron, I wasn't in college in the 60's. Or the 70's, for that matter. Meanwhile, you're speculating without an ounce of evidence.

Your bigotry compels you to do so.

It could have been libs, of course. Jesse Jackson likes to lead liberals with the chant "hey ho hey ho, western civ has got to go", and the Paris cathedral is a true symbol of our civilization.

Liberals would like to transform us to get rid of this kind of thing, civilizations they love, like in the Middle East and deepest, darkest Africa don't go for things like Notre Dame

Lucy, we are all mourning the destruction of Notre Dame, no matter what our religion. It was a beauty of a church and so historic. But remember it is only a building, however precious, and not the real Church.

What an idiotic statement. This is one of the oldest, most famous, and iconic symbols of Christianity in the world. It's not "just a building".
I know that. The complexity of what I was trying to say to Lucy is lost on you. Lucy's reaction was deeper than losing an icon--it seemed as if to her Christianity itself took a huge hit. Or maybe I misunderstood her.

but as regards the Notre Dame burning , it MAY have been an act of terrorism in my opinion Ladies and Gents .

In a similar vein, if I hear that a child was killed by a dog, I find myself thinking that there may be the teensiest weensiest little probability that it involved a pit bull instead of a dachshund.
True, but the only dog I've ever had issues with its viciousness has been dachshunds.

In a similar vein, if I hear that a child was killed by a dog, I find myself thinking that there may be the teensiest weensiest little probability that it involved a pit bull instead of a dachshund.
True, but the only dog I've ever had issues with its viciousness has been dachshunds.

Corgis are worse. Nasty little creatures.

we may stumble and fall, but shall rise again, it should be enough if we did not run away from the battle!

Lucy, we are all mourning the destruction of Notre Dame, no matter what our religion. It was a beauty of a church and so historic. But remember it is only a building, however precious, and not the real Church.

What an idiotic statement. This is one of the oldest, most famous, and iconic symbols of Christianity in the world. It's not "just a building".
I know that. The complexity of what I was trying to say to Lucy is lost on you. Lucy's reaction was deeper than losing an icon--it seemed as if to her Christianity itself took a huge hit. Or maybe I misunderstood her.

She's right. Christianity itself did take a huge hit. That's what this is about. To see it trivialized as nothing more than "art and architecture" is an enormous slap in the face.

A seemingly innocuous reason caused the devastating fire of Windsor Castle.

The fire started in the Queen's private chapel when a curtain that was pressed up against a spotlight burst into flames. It caused an estimated £37 million of damage and took months to restore the palace, in particular the St George chapel, to its former glory.

See how stupid that is?
Moron, I wasn't in college in the 60's. Or the 70's, for that matter. Meanwhile, you're speculating without an ounce of evidence.

-------------------------------------- I'll do as i like on a FREE SPEECH message board in the USA , the Land of Free Speech Faun me boy - boi [and a college 'feck' poser wearing a 'beret' and a 'che' t-shirt , probably hanging in the Cafeteria !!] [chuckle] Can you dig it eh Faun ??

See how stupid that is?

-------------------------------------- I'll do as i like on a FREE SPEECH message board in the USA , the Land of Free Speech Faun me boy - boi [and a college 'feck' poser wearing a 'beret' and a 'che' t-shirt , probably hanging in the Cafeteria !!] [chuckle] Can you dig it eh Faun ??
LOLOL

You dumbshit. Who said you can't be a bigot??

:lmao:

and asking questions , thinking , speculating is the Western Way way to do things Faun and Bode . And NOTHING is Off Limits to speculate or ask questions on .

Last edited:
It may also have been some smoker flicking his cig in the wrong place too......much much more likely.

That's certainly a possibility, to be fair.

However, when ever a church or an abortuary burns in America, libs always immediately look to blame it on 'racist conservative hate'. Instead of careless smokers, electrical problems, lightning or even insurance fraud.

I'm happy to hear that the three rose windows escaped the fire for the most part.
Since everyone is guessing what caused the fire, I will hazard my guess.
Since there were lots of workers on the site for restoration work and it was the end of the day my guess is a power tool battery undergoing recharge may have been the cause of the fire. Everyone knows how volatile lithium batteries can be and they were working on that old dried out wood that made up the forest which framed and supported the roof. So that's my guess. It's not hard to imagine that a worker dropped a power tool battery into a charger to recharge over night as is a very familiar and common practice.

Last edited:

See how stupid that is?

---------------------------------------- and that is the definition of SPECULATION . It is thinking and questioning because a person has NO Evidence . Do a google on definition of Speculation Faun and all yew other good people .

Forum List

Back