History Channel To Portray Hannibal Accurately

I always thought Hannibal would have been like an olive or something. From the sculptures I have seen from ancient carthage and surrounding areas, they looked neither "black" nor "white".
I think its pretty much just a useless pissing match anyways. No one knows for sure.

I always thought Hannibal would have been like an olive or something. From the sculptures I have seen from ancient carthage and surrounding areas, they looked neither "black" nor "white".
I think its pretty much just a useless pissing match anyways. No one knows for sure.
Olives are either green or Black. The indigenous people of that area are Black. Yes we know this for sure. He is even on a coin and obviously Black.

Its not useless when whites spent hundreds of years promoting another story to tell. There has to be a reason for that. Almost nothing is done for no reason

Maybe they will make the knights of the round table all Black and see if white people dont mind. Ooops. I forgot. Some of those knights were Black.

Olives are either green or Black. The indigenous people of that area are Black. Yes we know this for sure. He is even on a coin and obviously Black.
I thought his mother was from spain and his dad was from Lebanon?

You just called it a useless pissing match, now you're pulling your dick out

Kudos to the History Channel for accurately portraying Hannibal as who he really was. A Black African.

no way hannibal was black!
:badgrin:
tumblr_mzfuzvoCbS1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Could be. You do realize both places had Black people even if that was true?

P_bust.JPG

He was trying to soothe his booty tickle. I knew he would jump in with denials. He simply cant help it. Its part of his inferiority complex. :laugh:

lol touché
now back off, faggot

Could be. You do realize both places had Black people even if that was true?

P_bust.JPG
indeed. that's why I called it a useless pissing match. None of us know. One can pretend to know, but there is NO irrefutable evidence.
One can stick to one instance, but then they are only ignoring others..

Kudos to the History Channel for accurately portraying Hannibal as who he really was. A Black African.

"Accurately". Far from it. Here is what the most qualified expert has to say about the subject....

"The issue of Hannibal’s ethnicity and what he looked like are no doubt vital to many but remain contentious matters even to scholars. Let me try to explain why in the following several points.

First, we have no certain contemporary image from his own time to show us what he looked like. The primary source closest to his time is the Greek historian Polybius who lived almost a century later, and he gives no verbal description. No other ancient sources that have survived do either. We do have the curious information that he was possibly prone to disguising himself at times. There may be a few silver coins from the Punic culture in Spain, most likely minted around the mid-to-late 3rd century bce in what soon became known as Carthago Nova (now Cartagena), but these coin images are arguable because they may depict his father, Hamilcar, or other relatives instead. After Hannibal’s life, the Romans likely recalled every silver Punic coin they could find—including any that might have shown Hannibal—and melted them down to make new Roman coins with their own images. So we are left with mostly modern interpretations from long after the Roman Empire."

"If Africanization was part of Hannibal’s heritage, I and other scholars would be most interested in seeing the evidence, as we should always be ready to learn and change our perceptions when needed."

Hannibal's ethnicity and physical appearance | Hannibal

Forum List

Back