History Makes A Full Turn

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Well....several full turns when it comes to the Democrat Party.

1. First one:
Remember this complaint by the Left:
"The Party of No: New Details on the GOP Plot to Obstruct Obama"
The Party of No: New Details on the GOP Plot to Obstruct Obama | TIME.com

Suddenly, they think it's a fine idea!

"Ruben Gallego, an Arizona Democrat elected to the House in 2014,.... he’s pushing a kind of explanatory resistance, refusing any cooperation with Trump—....His idea: Make Trump release his taxes to show that he won’t personally benefit from any provision in the bill, while using whatever’s in the bill to make concrete and specific cases to voters about why the president and the Congress are hurting them, and why Democrats’ intransigence matters directly in people’s lives."
Democrats in the Wilderness

Right from the horse's mouth:
a. SENATE MINORITY LEADER CHUCK SCHUMER:" The only way we’re going to work with [President Donald Trump] is if he moves completely in our direction and abandons his Republican colleagues. "
Chuck Schumer Vows Not To Work With Trump Unless ‘He Abandons GOP Colleagues’

So....what happened to this claim?

"Obama’s claim that the GOP has ‘blocked every serious idea’"
Obama’s claim that the GOP has ‘blocked every serious idea’

a. Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another.
Hypocrisy - Wikipedia

So....is 'the Hypocrisy Party' an apt name change for the Democrat Party???

2. Second full turn, and a better name for the Democrats.
The 'Father of the Modern Democrat Party,' our 7th and first non-aristocrat President was Andrew Jackson.
As you probably know, a real Democrat, Andrew Jackson, had this response to the question of secession:

"During Jackson's term, South Carolina has threatened to nullify a federal law, or secede from the union, he offered this warning: "Please give my compliments to my friends in your state, and say to them that if a single drop of blood shall be shed there in opposition to the laws of the United States, I will hang the first man I can lay my hand on engaged in such treasonable conduct, upon the first tree I can reach."
"Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren, 7th and 8th Presidents of The United States,"
by WILLIAM O. STODDARD, p. 217

His problem was with VP John C. Calhoun, it was a states' rights party that supported the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions, holding that States could nullify federal laws within their borders.
He formed a party called....

....ready?...

THE NULLIFIER PARTY!!!

There ya' go......the new name for the Democrats....especially those in 'sanctuary cities'!!!!

Thing is many of the Dems will even obstruct when they actually agree because they don't want to be seen as getting along.

1. First one:

"Ruben Gallego, an Arizona Democrat elected to the House in 2014,.... he’s pushing a kind of explanatory resistance, refusing any cooperation with Trump—....His idea: Make Trump release his taxes to show that he won’t personally benefit from any provision in the bill, while using whatever’s in the bill to make concrete and specific cases to voters about why the president and the Congress are hurting them, and why Democrats’ intransigence matters directly in people’s lives."

a. SENATE MINORITY LEADER CHUCK SCHUMER:" The only way we’re going to work with [President Donald Trump] is if he moves completely in our direction and abandons his Republican colleagues. "

a. Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another.
Hypocrisy - Wikipedia

The 'Father of the Modern Democrat Party,' our 7th and first non-aristocrat President was Andrew Jackson.
As you probably know, a real Democrat, Andrew Jackson, had this response to the question of secession:

"During Jackson's term, South Carolina has threatened to nullify a federal law, or secede from the union, he offered this warning: "Please give my compliments to my friends in your state, and say to them that if a single drop of blood shall be shed there in opposition to the laws of the United States, I will hang the first man I can lay my hand on engaged in such treasonable conduct, upon the first tree I can reach."
"Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren, 7th and 8th Presidents of The United States,"

His problem was with VP John C. Calhoun, it was a states' rights party that supported the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions, holding that States could nullify federal laws within their borders.

....ready?...

THE NULLIFIER PARTY!!!

There ya' go......the new name for the Democrats....especially those in 'sanctuary cities'!!!!

Thing is many of the Dems will even obstruct when they actually agree because they don't want to be seen as getting along.

1. First one:

Hypocrisy - Wikipedia

....ready?...

THE NULLIFIER PARTY!!!

One might have hoped that more sense would apply before this happened:

"His presidency will end with Democrats in possession of 11 fewer Senate seats (depending on how you count), more than 60 fewer House seats, at least 14 fewer governorships and more than 900 fewer seats in state legislatures than when it began. That’s a staggering toll."
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/o...est&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=collection&_r=0

And, one more 'then and now' relationship....

3. When Calhoun formed the Nullifier Party, contending that states could decide which federal laws they would obey, President Jackson referred to it as 'the devil's work.'

"... Jackson responded dramatically. He denounced the ordinance of nullification and declared that “disunion, by armed force, is TREASON.”15 Vowing to hang Calhoun and any other nullifier who defied federal power, he persuaded Congress to pass a Force Bill that authorized him to send the military to enforce the tariffs."
9. Democracy in America | The American Yawp

What struck me was Jackson's invective about the devil.....

Imagine how he'd view Alinskyites Obama and Bill's wife, who favored a demogogue who wrote a dedication to Satan in his 1971 classic Rules for Radicals :
"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history… the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer."
The Hillary-Alinsky-Lucifer Connection

Sooooo.....maybe "The Satanic Party"???
A nice five-pointed star and all.....

Make it a red star and cover two bases!

4. Continuing with my help in finding a new name for the Democrats////

Perhaps this would fever the imagination...

"It's Official: Clinton's Popular Vote Win Came Entirely From California
If you take California out of the popular vote equation, then Trump wins the rest of the country by 1.4 million votes.
.... if you look at every other measure, Trump was the clear and decisive winner in this election."
It's Official: Clinton's Popular Vote Win Came Entirely From California

The Illegal Alien Party?
The California Party?
The Coastal Party?
The Second Best Party?
The Tax and Spend Party?

So sorry...."Bolshevik" title is already spoken for.

Coincidence...

I relate the coming battle with 'sanctuary cities' with Andrew Jackson's battle with the Nullifier Party, and this appears in my email....

"Is our country headed for a new nullification crisis? Are our cities and states gearing up to defy the federal laws that, together with our Constitution and treaties, make up the “supreme law of the land”?
....the confrontation brewing over so-called sanctuary cities. These are cities and other locales that have adopted policies against cooperating with the enforcement of our immigration laws.

Watch out, New York, where Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has been cruising for a bruising. The day before Trump was sworn in, the left-wing lawman circulated to cities guidance on how to dodge federal immigration enforcement.

...left-wing politicians across the land are maneuvering for a confrontation with the federal government over the tough new line on illegal immigration the voters asked for in November."
New Nullification Crisis Erupts Over Immigration And Sanctuary Cities - The New York Sun

Stay the course, President Trump!

Q. What's the difference between Tom Brady and Chuckles Schumer?

A. Brady is a Patriot and a winner!

The latest addition to the "Re-Name The Democrat Party" contest is just in!

And....it does have a certain cachet:

THE NEVER-MIND PARTY!

Yup.....never-mind facts, never-mind personal experience, never-mind logic.

For example...a couple hundred travelers from nations rife with terrorism are subject to special checks, and huuuuuuggggge Democrat protests.

Never-mind that ISIS is known to have thousands of Syrian and Iraqi blank passports...

"Isis stole thousands of blank passports to smuggle Daesh terrorists into EU says German intelligence"
Isis stole thousands of blank passports to smuggle Daesh terrorists into EU says German intelligence

Never-mind that Trump is negotiating save zones right there in the Middle East....

"The King of Saudi Arabia and the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi agreed with President Donald Trump’s request to support safe zones for refugees in the Middle East, the White House announced Sunday.

A White House readout of the call between President Trump and Saudi Arabian King Salman bin Abd Al-Aziz Al Saud said that the King agreed to “support safe zones in Syria and Yemen, as well as supporting other ideas to help the many refugees who are displaced by the ongoing." conflicts.” Gulf Leaders Agree To Trump’s Request To Set Up ‘Safe Zones’

Yup.....call out the cadres of the
Never-Mind Party!

Oh....and, of course, never-mind the truth!

Schumer embodies the democrat definition of compromise, "You give up what you want and give us what we want". They apparently cannot conceive of giving up anything at all unless they're forced to.

Today.....February 1st....

Andrew Jackson signed into law the Tariff of 1832; South Carolina put into practice John C. Calhoun’s theory of a state’s right to nullify a federal law it found offensive.

Calhoun resigned as Jackson’s vice-president, and South Carolina passed the Ordinance of Nullification prohibiting the collection of all tariff duties in the state after this date (February 1, 1833).

Jackson threatened to hang Calhoun if nullification actually took place: it did not- a compromise was reached.

As noted earlier, Andrew Jackson is known as the Father of the Democrat Party.....

...yet, today, we have the Democrat Party striving to be the Nullify Party.....ready to attempt to nullify federal immigration policy.
How's that for a 'full turn'?

Forum List

Back