History Quiz

padisha emperor said:
French House, gave several blood princes to the french crown, and some kings were duke of this house (like Henri III). This House ruled on Jerusalem and England (first house), Sicily (second house) and Spain, Two-Sicily and Parma (third house)

I am trying to think , and shamefully all I can think of is Valois.

you're in a good way ;)

But it is not an house who ruled directly on France (Like the Capetians, Valois, Bourbons...)

The first House came from the duke of a city (capital of the domain) (they ruled on Jerusalem and England)
the second house (ruled on Sicily) came from Charles I, brother of the knig Louis IX
the third (ruled on Two-Sicily, Spain, Parma - or Parme, don't know in english - ) came from Charles de Valois, brother of the king Philippe IV.

But it 's not the Valois, in fact, you had to search the name of a domain (like Orléans for the House of Orléans), it would be the name of the searched house.

It s one of the most famous house of France

If you're sick of this enigm, ask me for the answer ;)

padisha emperor said:
you're in a good way ;)

But it is not an house who ruled directly on France (Like the Capetians, Valois, Bourbons...)

The first House came from the duke of a city (capital of the domain) (they ruled on Jerusalem and England)
the second house (ruled on Sicily) came from Charles I, brother of the knig Louis IX
the third (ruled on Two-Sicily, Spain, Parma - or Parme, don't know in english - ) came from Charles de Valois, brother of the king Philippe IV.

But it 's not the Valois, in fact, you had to search the name of a domain (like Orléans for the House of Orléans), it would be the name of the searched house.

It s one of the most famous house of France

If you're sick of this enigm, ask me for the answer ;)

Go ahead and answer, mon tomate. ;)

ANJOU !
House of Anjou. With the Counts and then later the duke d'Anjou.

Rene%206.jpg

René d'Anjou

ANJOU

anjou.gif

Origin/meaning :
The arms are derived from the arms of Gaston d' Orléans, brother of king Louis XIII. He was in title of the duchy of Orléans an Anjou. It shows the fleur-de-lis, symbol of the French kings, with a red border, in order to distinguish Gaston from Louis. When in 1700 the grandson of Louis XIV, Philippe Duke of Anjou, became king of Spain the red frame was taken over by the Spanish Bourbon dynasty, founded by Philippe

link to heraldry
good link if you like it, for the Anjou, click on the bottom on the right arrow

Anjou had also other heraldry, with sveral lys flowers (more than 3), this one is older than the pictures presented above, comes from middle age (above : XVIIth century)

padisha emperor said:
ANJOU !
House of Anjou. With the Counts and then later the duke d'Anjou.

Rene%206.jpg

René d'Anjou

ANJOU

anjou.gif

Origin/meaning :
The arms are derived from the arms of Gaston d' Orléans, brother of king Louis XIII. He was in title of the duchy of Orléans an Anjou. It shows the fleur-de-lis, symbol of the French kings, with a red border, in order to distinguish Gaston from Louis. When in 1700 the grandson of Louis XIV, Philippe Duke of Anjou, became king of Spain the red frame was taken over by the Spanish Bourbon dynasty, founded by Philippe

link to heraldry
good link if you like it, for the Anjou, click on the bottom on the right arrow

Anjou had also other heraldry, with sveral lys flowers (more than 3), this one is older than the pictures presented above, comes from middle age (above : XVIIth century)

These people who still have the next question, then leave without asking one lose their turns!!!

Question:
This German WW2 Air Force ace scored the most kills in the history of aerial fighter combat.

USViking said:
These people who still have the next question, then leave without asking one lose their turns!!!

Question:
This German WW2 Air Force ace scored the most kills in the history of aerial fighter combat.

Hartman-over 300 I know!

USViking said:
Sharp as ever, aren't you?!

:D Ok time for a bit of Women in History....:laugh:

Her parents were killed by Native Americans. She followed her husband when he enlisted in the Revolutionary War. When he was killed by Hessians, she picked up his gun and kept firing until she was felled by grapeshot. The Continental Congress awarded her 1/2 pension for the rest of her life.

Kathianne said:
:D Ok time for a bit of Women in History....:laugh:

Her parents were killed by Native Americans. She followed her husband when he enlisted in the Revolutionary War. When he was killed by Hessians, she picked up his gun and kept firing until she was felled by grapeshot. The Continental Congress awarded her 1/2 pension for the rest of her life.

Molly Hatchet?

gop_jeff said:
:rock:

We had the Margrete Corbin Forum at West Point, which was basically the feminist forum.

Question:
Who was the highest ranking American to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor?

I must admit, while you are young, I did so hope you hadn't been so fully indoctrinated in revisionist history in grammar school! :laugh: Glad it was in one of the top post-secondaries in the country! :thup: :shocked:

gop_jeff said:
:rock:

We had the Margrete Corbin Forum at West Point, which was basically the feminist forum.

Question:
Who was the highest ranking American to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor?

I'm guessing, corporal?

Forum List

Back