History Quiz

Said1 said:
Spying, intelligence gathering, or reconnaissance purposes. I don't know the rest of the answer. :eek:

I'll give you half credit. Big extra credit points available if you give the name of the man that made it possible to fire a machine gun from the front of the plane without tearing apart the propeller.

Semper Fi said:
I'll give you half credit. Big extra credit points available if you give the name of the man that made it possible to fire a machine gun from the front of the plane without tearing apart the propeller.

Sorry, you'll have to wait for the fun police, or just post the answer. No clue here. :cheers2:

One pilot shot another with his pistol and it escalated from there. Mr. Focker developed the device that makes possible to fire rapidly without hitting the prop.

Semper Fi said:
One pilot shot another with his pistol and it escalated from there. Mr. Focker developed the device that makes possible to fire rapidly without hitting the prop.

Semper Fi, I believe it's still your turn...

Comrade said:
So history buffs, how about this question from the IQ thread.

"Name the fruit which has always been and continues to be used on more sandwiches in the world than any other."

Tomato. Ah, I see somebody else has already answered. I should read the whole thread before I waste the 1 calorie of energy typing tomato.

Semper Fi said:
Where did the name for the popular ethnic dish "nacho" come from?

Someone answer it, please! I cant think of any more!

After the guy who invented them I believe, Ignacio. History channel special, and one thing I can cook!

Said1 said:
After the guy who invented them I believe, Ignacio. History channel special, and one thing I can cook!

Correct! History channel is great. I ca't cook nachos, the cheese always messed up somehow... are yuou supposed to add something? like butter? PM me or something so we dont send this good thread spiraling into the food section.

Semper Fi said:
Correct! History channel is great. I ca't cook nachos, the cheese always messed up somehow... are yuou supposed to add something? like butter? PM me or something so we dont send this good thread spiraling into the food section.

I put the cheese under the toppings, and try to strain as much extra juice from the salsa as possible.

French House, gave several blood princes to the french crown, and some kings were duke of this house (like Henri III). This House ruled on Jerusalem and England (first house), Sicily (second house) and Spain, Two-Sicily and Parma (third house)

padisha emperor said:
French House, gave several blood princes to the french crown, and some kings were duke of this house (like Henri III). This House ruled on Jerusalem and England (first house), Sicily (second house) and Spain, Two-Sicily and Parma (third house)

The house of Parma? :D

Forum List

Back