History Quiz

Hard to say as the CMH has been awarded to several Unknown Soldiers including foriegn national Unknown Soldiers, thus their ranks are not known. Only one woman has been awarded the CMH and she was a doctor. Admiral Byrd was awarded the CMH as were a few generals (Gen Davis, USMC for example). I guess the question is what rank were they when they were awarded the CMH.

gop_jeff said:
Higher.

And CSM, I'm looking for the individual, along with his rank when he was awarded the CMH.
Then I would have to say it was General Douglas MacArthur who was a 4-star when he received it and Commander of US Army forces in the Far East at the time.

Awesome!

mrsx mentioned this in between one of her ranting posts:

How many KIA resulted from deploying the 82 Airborne in the Dominican Republic intervention (1965-1966)?

padisha emperor said:
No idea...

maybe zero ( 0 ) . (it's maybe a trapp)
Can't blame you for thinking that, but no the answer is not 0 nor is it a trap. The question may be too obtuse but it was a spur of the moment thing. IF no one answers today I will rescind my question and let someone else ask a better one.

search on google : I found that 23,000 Us soldiers were sent, and that the battle of Santo Dominguo (Saint-Domingue) did 10,000 killed (probably most of them not americans)

but I didn't find the number of US KIA. :(

CSM said:
59 US killed...

ask your question PE

59 only for the 82nd Airborne, or for the whole US troops (maybe there was only the 82nd.;.and then my question is useless ;) )
59 in two years, it's quite honorable, don't you think ?

then :

Who created "God Save the Queen/King", the British Anthem ? (it's more difficult than it appears...)

padisha emperor said:
59 only for the 82nd Airborne, or for the whole US troops (maybe there was only the 82nd.;.and then my question is useless ;) )
59 in two years, it's quite honorable, don't you think ?

then :

Who created "God Save the Queen/King", the British Anthem ? (it's more difficult than it appears...)
Actually, the Us force conssited of elements from the 82d Airborne and a contingent of Marines...the marines were to stabilize the urban areas and the 82d was to intervene between opposing factions. 59 was the total for both 82 and Marines with another 164 wounded (total)

Good question you have posed...I will have to really think about that one....

CSM said:
Actually, the Us force conssited of elements from the 82d Airborne and a contingent of Marines...the marines were to stabilize the urban areas and the 82d was to intervene between opposing factions. 59 was the total for both 82 and Marines with another 164 wounded (total)

Good question you have posed...I will have to really think about that one....

ok thaks for these details ;)

Fot "God save the Queen/King", it has a very interesting history...

padisha emperor said:
ok thaks for these details ;)

Fot "God save the Queen/King", it has a very interesting history...
For the life of me I cannot think who wrote it...I know it dates from the mid 1700's and had something to do with the defeat of King George by Prince Edward Stuart....but I don't know who wrote it and under what circumstances

padisha emperor said:
Not really, or maybe, but it's not the real origin of this anthem.

Haendel was the official compositor of the King Georges II, and the paternity of this anthem is attribuated to him....but....
Got a link PE? I am curious about this. If not I will google it and see what I can find....

Forum List

Back