History Quiz

ThomasPaine said:
a hall of fame point guard for the Detroit Pistons.. hehehe.

Question: This battle forced the Mexican Army across the Rio Grande to Matamoros and was a major victory for the United States.

Whoa!- well done on the answer!

Is Buena Vista the answer to your question?

ThomasPaine said:
a hall of fame point guard for the Detroit Pistons.. hehehe.

Question: This battle forced the Mexican Army across the Rio Grande to Matamoros and was a major victory for the United States.

I think you are refering either to Resaca de la Palma or Palo Alto

padisha emperor said:
San Jacinto ?

Wrong war. The Battle of San Jacinto was fought by The Republic of Texas and Mexico in 1836. The Mexican War was 1846-1848 between the US and Mexico.

The Battles of Resaca de la Palma and Palo Alto woke the Mexicans up to the asswhipping they were about to receive and they subsequenctly abandoned Matamoros.

I'd have to say Deaddude got it right, unless Viking's got a card up his sleeve. ;)

GunnyL said:
Wrong war. The Battle of San Jacinto was fought by The Republic of Texas and Mexico in 1836. The Mexican War was 1846-1848 between the US and Mexico.

The Battles of Resaca de la Palma and Palo Alto woke the Mexicans up to the asswhipping they were about to receive and they subsequenctly abandoned Matamoros.

I'd have to say Deaddude got it right, unless Viking's got a card up his sleeve. ;)

I got no cards- Deaddude asks the next question.

This gigantic fish was first discovered in 1976 when it was accientally hooked on the ancor of the US naval vessle AFB-14 off the coast of Kaneohe hawaii. It grows to 5.1 meters, placing it in the top 5 largest fish in the world.

France is under atack.
But somewhere, the French won, and lost only 250 men, the ennemy withdraw with more than 6000 lost.
This corps won here a great reputation, and was feared even in the Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS.

What was this army corps ?

padisha emperor said:

France is under atack.
But somewhere, the French won, and lost only 250 men, the ennemy withdraw with more than 6000 lost.
This corps won here a great reputation, and was feared even in the Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS.

What was this army corps ?

The Three Musketeers?

GunnyL said:
Which division? My research makes mention of several, an no one division singled out as more heroic than the others.

yes, there were several divisions, for the whole alpine line front.

i was not looking for a special division, it was the whole corps - like the USMC - .

In fact, the battle was from june, the 20th, to june, the 25th.
312,000 Italians attacked the french line, the French were 175,000.

After 6 days, the french lost 205 men, the Italians 6,000. And after, the alpine forces put wepaons down with the cease-fire, undefeated.

If you really want a special division, look at the "éclaireurs-skieurs", the scout-skiers.

well, ask a question if you want ;)

padisha emperor said:
yes, there were several divisions, for the whole alpine line front.

i was not looking for a special division, it was the whole corps - like the USMC - .

In fact, the battle was from june, the 20th, to june, the 25th.
312,000 Italians attacked the french line, the French were 175,000.

After 6 days, the french lost 205 men, the Italians 6,000. And after, the alpine forces put wepaons down with the cease-fire, undefeated.

If you really want a special division, look at the "éclaireurs-skieurs", the scout-skiers.

well, ask a question if you want ;)

You go ahead. I was just looking for some clarification, and I won't be around again til Mon soonest.

Friend of Jim Lovell - the astronaut of Gemini 7, 12 Apollo 8 and of course Apollo 13 - , this astronaut of the same promotion of Lovell did West Point and join the Air Force before the space conquest.
But he died tragicly in the burning of Apollo 1, at Cap Canaveral, january, the 27th, 1967.

(well, if you're sure of the answer, go ahead, I won't be here until tomorrow, earlier)

padisha emperor said:
Friend of Jim Lovell - the astronaut of Gemini 7, 12 Apollo 8 and of course Apollo 13 - , this astronaut of the same promotion of Lovell did West Point and join the Air Force before the space conquest.
But he died tragicly in the burning of Apollo 1, at Cap Canaveral, january, the 27th, 1967.

(well, if you're sure of the answer, go ahead, I won't be here until tomorrow, earlier)

Russ Grissom?

Over two days- I'll take the next Question:

Rebellion in northern China, almost exactly contemporanious
with the Taiping Rebellion in central China.

Forum List

Back