Hmmm...I thought churches didn't have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this...

This is the problem with ignorant liberals - because they don't understand the full scope of the issue nor their opponent's positions, they ascribe bad motives and then pat themselves on the back for being enlightened thinkers.

This is the pattern of ignorant conservatives- they make unsubstantiated claims and attacks on minorities- and ascribe bad motives on them and then pat themselives on the back for being enlightened thinkers and just can't handle it when someone turns around their words back on them.

I expected no better from you. Thanks for reinforcing my perception that discussing anything with you is a waste of my time. Even Billy000 and rdean bring more to a discussion than you.

Right back at you- once I saw your post attacking the motives of homosexuals who wanted to get married, I knew who I was dealing with and expected nothing less.

Why don't you tell us? It's not like PA laws haven't gone before the SCOTUS before. Were those not 1st Amendment issues? How come they lost?

Because the Courts have been using the Constitution as toilet paper for a very long time.

Conservatives say that when the Court makes decisions it doesn't agree with.

Yet applauds the same Courts when they rule against gun laws.

Ironic eh?

Me- I think Court has the right to rule on both issues.

I don't care what the court say either. Not on this issue. If the court ruled that guns were illegal I would surrender mine. Not without huge anger, but I would do it. I'm not going to jail over a gun law.

But this..... totally different in my book. Not even in the same category.

G-d's law is above human law. Nothing in the Bible about "thou shalt own a firearm." But there is something about homosexuality being a sin, we are to have nothing to do with.

And therefore, I don't give a crap what the court says. Not doing it. Do you understand? We are not going to do it. You won't make us either. You can jail us, but we're not going to do gay marriage. You can slander us, but we're not doing gay marriage. You can even kill us, and we are still not going to do gay marriage.

Not up for debate, or discussion, or anything. We are NOT going to do Gay marriage. Sucks to be you. Too bad we can vote too, eh?

Good for you.

I want you to know- I will never force you to "gay marry"- I will never force you to marry anyone you don't want to marry.

On a more serious note- no one is going to force you to marry anyone if you are a minister marrying in a church.
If you are a business in most states, you can discriminate against homosexuals to your Christian hearts content.
But if you run a business in states where the law says that you can't discriminate against people for sexual orientation, then it is as illegal to refuse to serve homosexuals as it is to refuse to do business with Jews or Blacks.

Don't care. We're not going to marry gays. Period. No matter what the state says, or doesn't say. Illegal or not, we're not going to do it. Too bad.

Well bully for you.

I will never force you to marry a gay.

Ever.

Because the Courts have been using the Constitution as toilet paper for a very long time.

Ironic eh?

I don't care what the court say either. Not on this issue. If the court ruled that guns were illegal I would surrender mine. Not without huge anger, but I would do it. I'm not going to jail over a gun law.

G-d's law is above human law. Nothing in the Bible about "thou shalt own a firearm." But there is something about homosexuality being a sin, we are to have nothing to do with.

And therefore, I don't give a crap what the court says. Not doing it. Do you understand? We are not going to do it. You won't make us either. You can jail us, but we're not going to do gay marriage. You can slander us, but we're not doing gay marriage. You can even kill us, and we are still not going to do gay marriage.

Not up for debate, or discussion, or anything. We are NOT going to do Gay marriage. Sucks to be you. Too bad we can vote too, eh?

Good for you.

I want you to know- I will never force you to "gay marry"- I will never force you to marry anyone you don't want to marry.

On a more serious note- no one is going to force you to marry anyone if you are a minister marrying in a church.
If you are a business in most states, you can discriminate against homosexuals to your Christian hearts content.
But if you run a business in states where the law says that you can't discriminate against people for sexual orientation, then it is as illegal to refuse to serve homosexuals as it is to refuse to do business with Jews or Blacks.

Don't care. We're not going to marry gays. Period. No matter what the state says, or doesn't say. Illegal or not, we're not going to do it. Too bad.

Well bully for you.

Ever.

Of course you won't. You couldn't even if you tried.

State law makes no link between procreation and marriage.

State law doesn't make a link because no one thought it necessary to belabor the obvious when the laws were written. Now that the obvious has been exploited by homosexuals/liberals, the legislators find need to go back and state the obvious within the text of the law.

But marriage is something that the state rewards because when men and women marry it produces beneficial effects for all of society. That's not the case with homosexuals. So in order to avoid a.) fighting to protect society and b.) not insulting homosexuals, your proposal concedes that society should flush a valuable institution down the toilet and harm us all.

A mindless, witless opinion without any proof. Way to go Rik.

Why can't you capture stray dogs, butcher them and have them for dinner? If you think this is a good way for you to eat, then why should other people stop you?

A mindless, witless opinion fallacy of false comparison. Way to go Rik.

Don't care. I said that the first time, and I'll say it every time here after. Church, business, hobby. It's mine. My hobby... my business.. my church. Not yours. You don't have a right to tell me what to do with it. "well that law says..." Don't care. "but it's not a church..." Don't care.
"but discrimination...." I DO NOT CARE. I have a religious view, and it's not up for debate. That's what freedom of religion means. I can believe the moon is full of hamsters, and Obama is an alien hamster controlling the government, if I so desire to have a such a view. We are not going to do gay marriage, those of use who believe in the Biblical Christian faith. We not doing it. PERIOD. Not doing it. PERIOD. Not up for debate, I don't care about your reasons. Not happening.

Don't care what your opinion might be, because if it crosses into the public law, then your opinion does not matter.

The Judge will tell you, "I don't care what you think. You will obey and you will pay the penalties. That is the way it is, Mr. Androw.

Now don't of open your mouth. I don't care."

State law doesn't make a link because no one thought it necessary to belabor the obvious when the laws were written. Now that the obvious has been exploited by homosexuals/liberals, the legislators find need to go back and state the obvious within the text of the law.

And then it just becomes that more obvious that the point is to ensure that Homosexuals cannot be married- rather than having to do with children.

Ironic eh?

Good for you.

Well bully for you.

Ever.

And you couldn't force me to marry anyone even if you tried.

Good for you.

Well bully for you.

Ever.

I'm not trying. I'm not the one trying to force a church to marry gays.

And then it just becomes that more obvious that the point is to ensure that Homosexuals cannot be married- rather than having to do with children.

There's a lot of liberal-inspired wreckage that needs to be addressed in the realm of marriage. It has to begin somewhere. The first step to fixing a problem is to stop it from getting worse.

There's a lot of liberal-inspired wreckage that needs to be addressed in the realm of marriage. It has to begin somewhere. The first step to fixing a problem is to stop it from getting worse.

Last I checked, Conservatives are getting divorced and abandoning their children at the same rates as liberals.

Good for you.

Well bully for you.

Ever.

Neither am I- no one is trying to force a church to marry gays.

Or marry you.

Last I checked, Conservatives are getting divorced and abandoning their children at the same rates as liberals.
I didn't claim otherwise. Liberal-inspired refers to changes in the institution arising from liberal efforts. The changes don't arise from how liberals conduct their own marriages.

Well bully for you.

Ever.

Or marry you.

The PJ Tatler Idaho City Threatens to Jail Ministers for Not Performing Gay Weddings

True or false?

Well bully for you.

Ever.

Or marry you.

The PJ Tatler Idaho City Threatens to Jail Ministers for Not Performing Gay Weddings

True or false?

False.

First of all- your statement:
I'm not trying. I'm not the one trying to force a church to marry gays

As i said- no one is trying to force a church to marry anyone.

Now about the headline you provided- Idaho City has not threatened to jail any ministers- its a lie by Conservatives.

What is the reality?

Conservative activist lawyers have sued the City to change the law which requires business people to serve customers regardless of their sexual orientation.

The 'ministers' run a commercial wedding facility and marry people for money. The City has never threatened them. The entire controversy was created by Conservatives to challenge the law.

The kind of thing they say is wrong when gay couples sue to be able to get married.

Or marry you.

True or false?

False.

Now about the headline you provided- Idaho City has not threatened to jail any ministers- its a lie by Conservatives.

What is the reality?

Conservative activist lawyers have sued the City to change the law which requires business people to serve customers regardless of their sexual orientation.

The 'ministers' run a commercial wedding facility and marry people for money. The City has never threatened them. The entire controversy was created by Conservatives to challenge the law.

The kind of thing they say is wrong when gay couples sue to be able to get married.

Christian Chapel Owners Were Reportedly Threatened With Jail Time and Fines For Refusing to Marry Gays and Now They 8217 re Fighting Back TheBlaze.com

Donald and Evelyn Knapp, owners of Hitching Post Wedding Chapel in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, are being represented by the Alliance Defending Freedom, a conservative legal firm, claiming that city officials told them that they are required to conduct gay marriages under a nondiscrimination ordinance.

True or false?

If you believe they are engaging in perjury, by submitting false claims in the court of law, by all means file a counter suit.

Or marry you.

True or false?

False.

What is the reality?

Christian Chapel Owners Were Reportedly Threatened With Jail Time and Fines For Refusing to Marry Gays and Now They 8217 re Fighting Back TheBlaze.com

Donald and Evelyn Knapp, owners of Hitching Post Wedding Chapel in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, are being represented by the Alliance Defending Freedom, a conservative legal firm, claiming that city officials told them that they are required to conduct gay marriages under a nondiscrimination ordinance.

True or false?

If you believe they are engaging in perjury, by submitting false claims in the court of law, by all means file a counter suit.

First of all- do you agree we are not speaking about a church being forced to marry anyone?

After we get past your original claim, I can destroy....I mean discuss your next one.

Or marry you.

True or false?

False.

What is the reality?

True or false?

First of all- do you agree we are not speaking about a church being forced to marry anyone?

After we get past your original claim, I can destroy....I mean discuss your next one.

I couldn't care less if it's a church or not. Doesn't matter to me at all. If I bake wedding cakes, and a gay couple come in, I'm telling them no. I don't care what you think about "well that's a business", or "that's not a church". Your opinion on that doesn't matter to me in the slightest.

You are not going to force me to accommodate something that violates my religious views, whether it's a business of mine, or a church, or a hobby.

So I don't give a crap what you think it is.

Forum List

Back