Hmmm...I thought churches didn't have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this...

How does making money remove your 1st amendment rights?

I think it's because there are laws that require equality when it comes to business.

That said, I'm no expert on the law.

If I'm an RN, I can't choose to not care for someone because they're gay. Personally, as with the issue of the cake-maker, I feel he should have been allowed to not make gay wedding cakes if it didn't jive with his beliefs.

I need a better understanding of each side on this particular issue.

There is nothing in providing nursing care that changes based on the sexual orientation of the person. A heart attack is a heart attack, AIDS is AIDS, and broken arm is a broken arm. Here the state is compelling a minister to perform an act outside of their religious base, in a religous act.
Actually, no. The Hitching Post explicitly states that they can and will perform non-religious ceremonies in purely secular services.
They're not a church, they're officially open for everyone regardless of religion.

They are still ordained ministers and cannot be compelled to act against their morals.

So if they claim as 'ordained ministers' that their moral beliefs state that they cannot pay income taxes- they can't be compelled to pay income taxes?

Taxes and forcing some to perform a wedding by government fiat are two different things.

This isn't a church.

It's a wedding chapel which is a place of business.

If they're not willing to serve all of the public then they shouldn't be in business.

I support the law of Idaho and hope that these business people either start obeying the law or go to jail.
It's a business that performs a religious ceremony. You don't own the business, pay their taxes or lease/mortgage/overhead. The fags can go to a fag friendly chapel. Tyrants that want to deny one's religious freedoms need to go to jail.

This isn't a church.

If they're not willing to serve all of the public then they shouldn't be in business.

I support the law of Idaho and hope that these business people either start obeying the law or go to jail.
It's a business that performs a religious ceremony. You don't own the business, pay their taxes or lease/mortgage/overhead. The fags can go to a fag friendly chapel. Tyrants that want to deny one's religious freedoms need to go to jail.

It is a business that advertising performing a secular wedding ceremony. They are not a tax exempt church, get over it.

It is all supposed to be about tolerance of other people...except when that means leaving religious people alone...the first attempts to go after churches are happening and are being beaten back...but this is just the start...like when the lawyers wanted the sermons of ministers...but then they backed off...for now...how about this threat...?

The PJ Tatler Idaho City Threatens to Jail Ministers for Not Performing Gay Weddings

Coeur d’Alene officials told the Knapps privately and also publicly stated that the couple would violate the city’s public accommodations statute once same-sex marriage became legal in Idaho if they declined to perform a same-sex ceremony at their chapel. On Friday, the Knapps respectfully declined such a ceremony and now face up to 180 days in jail and up to $1,000 in fines for each day they decline to perform that ceremony.

“The city somehow expects ordained pastors to flip a switch and turn off all faithfulness to their God and their vows,” explained ADF Legal Counsel Jonathan Scruggs. “The U.S. Constitution as well as federal and state law clearly stand against that. The city cannot mandate across-the-board conformity to its interpretation of a city ordinance in utter disregard for the guaranteed freedoms Americans treasure in our society.”

Liberals only want "choice" when it comes to dead babies...How about they get "married" somewhere else?

This isn't a church.

It is a business that advertising performing a secular wedding ceremony. They are not a tax exempt church, get over it.

Again, what does tax exemption have to do with faith? Why is that a qualifier for being able to exercise your 1st amendment rights?

This isn't a church.

Again, what does tax exemption have to do with faith? Why is that a qualifier for being able to exercise your 1st amendment rights?

It has everything to do with whether or not it is a business subject to the business laws of the locality or a church, exempt from them...but you knew that.

Where do they advertise secular weddings? I'm skeptical, why not go to a JP?

I have nothing to get over. I didn't say it was a church and it isn't my business. The point was that it isn't yours either, most folks find a company that provides the service they want but the fags are too deranged apparently. You, on the other hand, are a slave to your orientation. You live in the gay threads, it's your life. Maybe you need to get over it?

I have nothing to get over. I didn't say it was a church and it isn't my business. The point was that it isn't yours either, most folks find a company that provides the service they want but the fags are too deranged apparently. You, on the other hand, are a slave to your orientation. You live in the gay threads, it's your life. Maybe you need to get over it?

You don't have to be a member of any church nor profess a religion to get married there. Anyone (except the "fags") can get a license and make an appointment. Secular, religious, whatever (except the "fags"). That violates the business laws of the locality apparently.

Know what they have the option of doing? Stop being a for profit business and declare themselves a tax exempt church. Oh, but then they couldn't worship the all mighty dollar that seems to be more important than their actual faith.

This isn't a church.

It has everything to do with whether or not it is a business subject to the business laws of the locality or a church, exempt from them...but you knew that.

So business law trumps rights granted under the constitution.

I don't see "unless you pay taxes" as a caveat in the 1st amendment.

Do you people even feel embarrassment over making up crap as you go along? Do you feel shame for being in league with the same people who made Jim Crow laws in the late 19th/early 20th century?

This isn't a church.

Do you people even feel embarrassment over making up crap as you go along? Do you feel shame for being in league with the same people who made Jim Crow laws in the late 19th/early 20th century?

Public Accommodation laws have been around since the 60s and have upheld SCOTUS scrutiny. There is no "right" to own a business...it's a privilege.

You don't have to be a member of any church nor profess a religion to get married there. Anyone (except the "fags") can get a license and make an appointment. Secular, religious, whatever (except the "fags"). That violates the business laws of the locality apparently.

Know what they have the option of doing? Stop being a for profit business and declare themselves a tax exempt church. Oh, but then they couldn't worship the all mighty dollar that seems to be more important than their actual faith.

You're so blinded by your tyrannical, leftist, ideology you can even see that stuff like this will hurt your cause:eusa_eh:...Go somewhere else

This isn't a church.

Link to where they advertise a SECULAR wedding service please?

This isn't a church.

Tax exemption has to do with whether it is a church or a business. You know that, I know that....you just want to play dumb.

You're so blinded by your tyrannical, leftist, ideology you can even see that stuff like this will hurt your cause:eusa_eh:...Go somewhere else
That's what they said in Nashville about the Woolworths Lunch Counter.

Public Accommodation laws have been around since the 60s and have upheld SCOTUS scrutiny. There is no "right" to own a business...it's a privilege.

Wrong SeaBytch. It's a right.

Why are you so amazingly stupid? Anything you want to do , is a right, fuck everyone else eh?

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

That's what they said in Nashville about the Woolworths Lunch Counter.

Blacs who fought for their civil rights would roll over in their graves if they knew the way you faggots have perverted their cause.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
This isn't a church.

Tax exemption has to do with whether it is a church or a business. You know that, I know that....you just want to play dumb.

Again, what does it matter? You are forcing a minister to provide a service he/she does not want to. It violates the 1st amendment, plain and simple, and I keep asking where tax status removes your 1st amendment rights, but you can't seem to tell me that beyond "because it does"

So great massa government get to tell us how to make a living??

Oh lawdy lawdy.

How does it feel to use the same concepts as a plantation running slave owner?

This isn't a church.

Link to where they advertise a SECULAR wedding service please?

Go to their web site and look at the requirements to have a ceremony performed there...you need the marriage license from across the street and a reservation. No church membership or declaration of religious affiliation needed. They are not a church, they are a business subject to the business laws of the locality. They want to make a profit, not act as a church.

Wrong SeaBytch. It's a right.

Why are you so amazingly stupid? Anything you want to do , is a right, fuck everyone else eh?

Link?

Forum List

Back