Holder 'prepared' to disband Ferguson police...?

Disband them? Good idea. Start over, with mostly black cops for a mostly black town.
I agree but I could see the black officers suing because they have to patrol the most dangerous neighborhoods and the white counterparts patrol the less dangerous neighborhoods. No matter which way you do it, it can be construed as racist!!! Pretty much at this point racism means nothing because it can be used in any instance if someone thinks it is offensive.

Disband them? Good idea. Start over, with mostly black cops for a mostly black town.
I don't know about that. but the force does seem to need to be disbanded and re-built. too much ugly baggage.
Hey! You aren't a lawyer but you play one on USMB...
Maybe YOU could answer the relevant question here:
Where in the Constitution is the executive branch given the power to dissolve a state police department?

This process was created by legislation passed by Congress in the 1990s to address instances of serious constitutional violations by local police departments against a local populace. Within the parameters of this law, the U.S. DOJ investigates allegations of violations of constitutional rights. If these allegations are substantiated, the DOJ presents their findings to a federal judge, who makes a ruling in the case. If the judge rules that constitutional violations occurred, the department is given the option to enter into a consent degree, whereby the DOJ works with the local department to reform these violations. Numerous police departments around the U.S. have been through this process, most have emerged as better organizations, and lower crime rates have also resulted (LAPD is a notable example of a success story).
Reform in Ferguson has barely begun. Here s what happens now. - Vox
Mmmm... OK....
Where does the Constitution give Congress the power to create legislation that will allow the executive branch to dissolve a state police department?
Where does the Constitution give Congress the power to create legislation that will allow the judicial branch to dissolve a state police department?

I don't know about that. but the force does seem to need to be disbanded and re-built. too much ugly baggage.
Where in the Constitution is the executive branch given the power to dissolve a state police department?

You wish. No worries if it makes a lowlife like you feel better about himself.

There are powers that don't only come from the constitution idiot. There are statutes, regulations, caselaw. That's what happens in common law countries. Try googling it. You might learn something. Or better yet, take a class-- in something, anything.

Now go crawl back in you hole.

There are powers that don't only come from the constitution idiot. There are statutes, regulations, caselaw. That's what happens in common law countries. Try googling it. You might learn something. Or better yet, take a class-- in something, anything.
Translation:
You know you cannot answer the question - you simply refuse to admit it to yourself.

Translation:
You know you cannot answer the question - you simply refuse to admit it to yourself.

No. Try reading with comprehension.

Translation:
No. Try reading with comprehension.
I did.
By responding with a preschooler's "look it up", you admitted you had no effective response to the question.
You know it, I know it -- the difference is that I have the honesty to admit it.

Translation:
She did answer the question. You were just too dumb to catch the answer.

Still haven't seen an answer:
Where does the Constitution give the Executive Branch the power to dissolve a state police force?
And since when does this administration follow the Constitution?
That is, of course, the point.
Liberals only care about the Constitution when a Republican wants to do something they don't like.

"We are prepared to use all the powers that we have, all the power that we have, to ensure that the situation changes there. That means everything from working with them to coming up with an entirely new structure," Holder said.

Asked if that included taking apart the Ferguson force, he replied: "If that's what's necessary, we're prepared to do that."
Holder prepared to disband Ferguson police - Yahoo News
I'm sure some of you are all for this...

But tell me:
Where does the Constitution give the Executive Branch the power to dissolve a state police force?

What is interesting, if there was a primarily black police force and a white mayor who didn't like the racial make up of the force, and decided to disband it in favor of a mostly white force, Holder would be all over it in the name of Civil Rights!

"We are prepared to use all the powers that we have, all the power that we have, to ensure that the situation changes there. That means everything from working with them to coming up with an entirely new structure," Holder said.

Asked if that included taking apart the Ferguson force, he replied: "If that's what's necessary, we're prepared to do that."
Holder prepared to disband Ferguson police - Yahoo News
I'm sure some of you are all for this...

But tell me:

What is interesting, if there was a primarily black police force and a white mayor who didn't like the racial make up of the force, and decided to disband it in favor of a mostly white force, Holder would be all over it in the name of Civil Rights!
What makes you think that? If the situation was reversed Holder would be all for it.

EaiDw2e.gif

And what if the blacks cannot pass the tests?
What makes you think Blacks couldnt pass the test? You do realize there are already Black cops all over the nation dont you?

There was a case on Sotomayors's courtroom before she became a Supreme Court Justice. It was about Firefighter's promotion's test. Whites passed for promotion and one black but the rest of the blacks did not pass.She threw out the test and promoted the blacks because they had more time in the force and the whites were not promoted.

And what if the blacks cannot pass the tests?
What makes you think Blacks couldnt pass the test? You do realize there are already Black cops all over the nation dont you?

There was a case on Sotomayors's courtroom before she became a Supreme Court Justice. It was about Firefighter's promotion's test. Whites passed for promotion and one black but the rest of the blacks did not pass.She threw out the test and promoted the blacks because they had more time in the force and the whites were not promoted.
Like the good union girl she is.

Forum List

Back