Holder says Mueller could prosecute Trump for OOJ

Former AG Holder says Mueller could prosecute Trump for obstruction

Yup...the Trump regime may have lots of problems coming up.

LOL, Holder? Now THERE'S an unbiased source. You're a maroon kid.
If you dont like Holder, you can get the same thing from Clapper.

“If Trump exercises his power — even his lawful power — with a corrupt motive of interfering with an investigation, that’s obstruction,” says Lisa Kern Griffin, an expert on criminal law at Duke University. “The attempt is sufficient, and it seems to be a matter of public record already.”

Or better yet, just watch Lester Holt interview.

Good luck proving that "corrupt motive" in a court of law, Lisa! Another "expert" teaching at another of our bastions of higher learning who doesn't like Trump? Gee, what a shock!
Presidents are not tried in a court law but rather by congress which is a political process, impeachment. The Mueller investigation could come up with damning evidence of collusion and congress could elect not to act.

I get that sitting presidents aren't supposed to be open to indictment, but Trump is well beyond any president we've had before.

The sheer weight of what could be found could supercede any precident. There could be multiple prosecutorial pathways like criminal conspiracy, obstruction, money laundering, tax evasion, emoluments and probably a few more. I agree that he most likely would have to be removed before formal charges but also maybe not.

What wouldn't you do, or allow to take Trump out?

“If Trump exercises his power — even his lawful power — with a corrupt motive of interfering with an investigation, that’s obstruction,” says Lisa Kern Griffin, an expert on criminal law at Duke University. “The attempt is sufficient, and it seems to be a matter of public record already.”

Good luck proving that "corrupt motive" in a court of law, Lisa! Another "expert" teaching at another of our bastions of higher learning who doesn't like Trump? Gee, what a shock!
Presidents are not tried in a court law but rather by congress which is a political process, impeachment. The Mueller investigation could come up with damning evidence of collusion and congress could elect not to act.

I get that sitting presidents aren't supposed to be open to indictment, but Trump is well beyond any president we've had before.

The sheer weight of what could be found could supercede any precident. There could be multiple prosecutorial pathways like criminal conspiracy, obstruction, money laundering, tax evasion, emoluments and probably a few more. I agree that he most likely would have to be removed before formal charges but also maybe not.

Huh?

Mueller has a broad scope. How did he get that job again?

Huh?

It was a simple question directed at you.

Huh?

It's not up to me. It's up to the special counsel. It's what they do.

What precipitated his appointment?

Huh?

Would it bother you if he was taken out by less than honorable means? Do you just not care as long as it happens? I offered no qualifier, I asked you where you drew the line.

Comey lying and leaking.

Huh?

Would it bother you if he was taken out by less than honorable means? Do you just not care as long as it happens? I offered no qualifier, I asked you where you drew the line.

Comey lying and leaking.

I haven't seen anything that has been less than honorable from any investigators with the exception of Nunes. It has been Trump's own actions that has gotten us to where we are.

What lying and leaking are you referring to?

They don't care, that's the sick thing about this entire mess. The left doesn't care one bit about corruption in their ranks as long as they win. They don't give a damn about the lies about Obamacare and the waste of billions of taxpayer's money. All they care about is that the agenda moves forward. They hate good decent hard working God fearing Americans.
Just by changing one word in your post, you get a good description of the right, very utilitarian.
They don't care, that's the sick thing about this entire mess. The right doesn't care one bit about corruption in their ranks as long as they win. They don't give a damn about the lies about Obamacare and the waste of billions of taxpayer's money. All they care about is that the agenda moves forward. They hate good decent hard working God fearing Americans.

Last edited:

Huh?

Comey lying and leaking.

I haven't seen anything that has been less than honorable from any investigators with the exception of Nunes. It has been Trump's own actions that has gotten us to where we are.

the psychotics want to say that us knowing what trump did is the scandal....

and not Donald's people working with Russia....

Nixon was like that, too.... until he wasn't.

Huh?

Comey lying and leaking.

If someone shot him you'd celebrate. So would Hutch.

Former AG Holder says Mueller could prosecute Trump for obstruction

Yup...the Trump regime may have lots of problems coming up.

I used the wrong word. You don't indict presidents. You impeach them.

Technically, a grand jury could indict the president but there would be no trial because the president has the power to fire federal prosecutors, exempt himself from testifying, classify documents, and create endless road blocks. If he was found guilty, he could pardon himself. This is why the founding fathers created the impeachment process.

Yes, a president could be impeached and then indicted. It would not be double jeopardy because impeachment is a political trial, not a criminal trial.

So he didn't collude with the Russians to 'rig' the Election. Now it's 'Obstruction of Justice.' Talk about moving the goal posts? What a scam.

Technically, a grand jury could indict the president but there would be no trial because the president has the power to fire federal prosecutors, exempt himself from testifying, classify documents, and create endless road blocks. If he was found guilty, he could pardon himself. This is why the founding fathers created the impeachment process.

Yes, a president could be impeached and then indicted. It would not be double jeopardy because impeachment is a political trial, not a criminal trial.

I would love to see the Liar in Chief try to pardon himself....or members if his crime family...He may take the entire GOP down.

'Obstruction of Justice' is just a desperate Democrat moving of the goal posts. Trump did not 'collude' with the Russians to 'rig' the Election. That's just fact. So now it's suddenly about 'Obstruction of Justice.' It's a good thing most Americans know Bullshite when they see it. Trump will survive. Remember i said that.

I would love to see the Liar in Chief try to pardon himself....or members if his crime family...He may take the entire GOP down.
Seems as though your getting discombobulated in your own political wet dream...OP

'Obstruction of Justice' is just a desperate Democrat moving of the goal posts. Trump did not 'collude' with the Russians to 'rig' the Election. That's just fact. So now it's suddenly about 'Obstruction of Justice.' It's a good thing most Americans know Bullshite when they see it. Trump will survive. Remember i said that.

It's about whatever criminality is uncovered.
That's what a special counsel does.
No one forced Trump to obstruct the investigation.

Comey lying and leaking.

If someone shot him you'd celebrate. So would Hutch.
If someone shot him, it would be the great American tragedy, because he would be immortalized. Tales of his pussy grabbing would become legend. There would be three days of mourning. There would be an eternal fame, movies, books, etc.. Republicans and Democrats who hate his guts would have to come up with something good to say about him.

I'll say a prayer tonight for him tonight.

Forum List

Back