Hollywood blockbuster that satirizes killing of ‘deplorables’ causes outrage: ‘Demented and evil’

How about Yahoo News ditzbrain??

Gun-based ads for horror movie 'The Hunt' get pulled in the wake of mass shootings in the US

Lost and Prometheus writer Damon Lindelof, and being released by Universal, is a satirical horror in which a group of strangers, awake in the woods to find they're being hunted." data-reactid="23" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">The movie, co-written by Lost and Prometheus writer Damon Lindelof, and being released by Universal, is a satirical horror in which a group of strangers, awake in the woods to find they're being hunted.

It soon emerges that the hunted are a group of MAGA-voting 'deplorables' and the hunters are a wealthy liberal elite.

Or maybe Business Insider....

Movie execs reportedly pulled ads for a horror film where US elites hunt 'deplorables' for sport after the shootings in El Paso and Dayton

• In "The Hunt," the superrich kidnap people described as "deplorables" — a term adopted by some supporters of President Donald Trump — and track them down to be killed.
Movie executives have reportedly pulled ads for a new horror film about liberal elites hunting "deplorables" for sport, apparently in response to the two mass shootings that roiled the US over the weekend.

Universal Pictures pulled TV and online advertisements for "The Hunt," according to The Hollywood Reporter. The outlet cited a senior studio source.

"The Hunt," due for release on September 27, focuses on a remote woodland mansion where US elites come in secret to hunt humans for sport.

In the movie, the victims of the hunting and kidnapping are described as "deplorables" — a label adopted by some supporters of President Donald Trump after Hillary Clinton used the term during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Say cuckoo bird, how much time and trolling energy you want to invest in defending the moral-less rudderless leftists in Hollywood with CLINICALLY significant TDS??

Knock your oblivious self out.. I'm contacting Comcast and Universal to help them come to their fucking senses...

Where does it depict them as the bad guys? And "deplorable' is a descriptor Trump supporters have proudly picked up.

But why don't you just go to the source? Here is the synopsis by the movie creators:

The Hunt | Movie Synopsis and Cast | September 27, 2019
Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don’t know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen… for a very specific purpose … The Hunt.

In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, a group of elites gathers for the very first time at a remote Manor House to hunt humans for sport. But the elites’ master plan is about to be derailed because one of the hunted, Crystal (Betty Gilpin, GLOW), knows The Hunters’ game better than they do. She turns the tables on the killers, picking them off, one by one, as she makes her way toward the mysterious woman (two-time Oscar® winner Hilary Swank) at the center of it all.

From Jason Blum, the producer of Get Out and The Purge series, and Damon Lindelof, co-creator of the TV series The Leftovers and Lost, comes a new mysterious social thriller.

The Hunt is written by Lindelof and his fellow The Leftovers’ collaborator Nick Cuse and is directed by Craig Zobel (Z for Zachariah, The Leftovers). Blum produces for his Blumhouse Productions alongside Lindelof. The film is executive produced by Zobel, Cuse and Steven R. Molen.

But please, continue to feel targeted, by all means.

To me it looks like someone made a movie based on wingnut conspiracies. Not that they believe them, just making a movie based on fantasy.

For the record, I thought the premise of the movie The Purge was a little over the top too. So many movies where humans are hunted, it's bizarre and not the most creative really.

DO YOU CARE --- who is being hunted if it's an obvious political message??? Do YOU???

The answer is telling.. It really is....

So, a gaggle of rich gather to hunt down some poor sods, and the rightarded corporate propaganda masters assure deplorables they are being victimized in a flick no one has seen yet. The script, it turns out, is that the so-called "deplorables" kill off the rich guys, but still, the "deplorables" sure are being oh-so terribly victimized. Of course, the deplorables, as is their wont, fall into line in spluttering apoplexy, over a film they have not seen. Now, it's already part of the upcoming Civil War, and anyone not buying the rightarded corporate propaganda at Faux is the morally depraved, and the enemy.

Really, Flac, get ahold of your horses.

Oh, even Laura Ingraham is covering this. This movie is going to inspire Trump supporters to vote. I hope it gets 24/7 airplay on CMT the week of the election in 2020!
Conservatives have turned into such Snowflakes

:boo_hoo14:

"Okay, here's the plan. We can't use guns. Guns are bad. Instead, we shackle these deplorables to a Formica table and force them to eat lots of carbs. Big Macs, potato chips, deep fried ice cream. We'll kill 'em with heart attacks!"

Oh wait...

trump-voter.jpg

BRING IT!
Self portrait? Guns are good, protects us from commie libtards demoncraps.

Libs have turned into delusional anti American scum. Oh wait, they always have been. Idiots.

Not true, they did turn into what you see today, in my lifetime alone. I met Kennedy at a rally in my home town in 1959 behind the old Sears loading dock. There were maybe 20 people there, the next week, Nixon showed up at the same place, maybe 20 people there. I shook their hands, both of them, I was 14.

Politics was just something people did one day every other year. What you see today is TELEVISION. They have made politics what it is today and we better get a grip, cause no telling what those assholes will get us into next.

Remember all the liberal outrage over the youtube movie satire of Islam

Yep I remember all us liberals rioting all over the world.......Oh no wait, that was Muslim Conservatives Wackos who did that. Never mind.

Just as what usually happens the normal people on this board debunk yet another hypersensitive OP that defies reality and then this fuckin' guy comes along, doesn't read any of the thread and spikes the bullshit back into the thread. Congrats, mod.

Just as what usually happens when a devout leftist encounters some evil Hollywood sham to CAPITALIZE and profit from divisive and dangerous "mass shooter" movies...

They show they have no moral compass.. Don't know right from wrong and continue chucking spears back and forth.. As I said before -- this is NOT my war.. Both dying, inept and corrupt parties are locked in death match and THIS is the result..

Any major war campaign contains those propaganda movies that dehumanizes the other side and THIS is one that Putin and Goebels would be damn proud of... Too bad Putin doesn't HAVE a Universal Studios owned by Comcast to help bring the US to it's knees...

The ones being hunted in the movie are portrayed as the good guys. It does not appear that liberals are going to root for one side and conservatives the other. Fucking idiots look for conspiracy everywhere.

DO YOU CARE --- who is being hunted if it's an obvious political message??? Do YOU???

The answer is telling.. It really is....

Do I care? It's average Joe being hunted by elitists. The plot line has been done before and other than the recent mass shootings I don't think anyone would really give two shits about the "message" you think it's sending.

Yeah -- folks in Arkansas being hunted by sicko elites from big urban centers.. Folks they call "not human".. Watch the trailer at post 28 and get back to me.. Not too quick tho.. You tend to not THINK before you reply.. It's like 3 seconds and spew...

Ponder it a bit.. See if you have SENSE of "right and wrong" left and pretend you're a demented partisan who would like to be a hero by shooting up some people for political sport....
So we need a sense of right and wrong to say that hunting people is wrong?

Lighten up.....it’s a movie
Don’t like it, don’t go see it

A block buster that hasn't been released?

A remake of an old theme?

Snowflakes being triggered by a word. Demand Political Correctness! It's your right, snowflakes.

Again...................why is this movie causing a stir, yet nobody said anything about Southern Comfort (the one where the Cajuns hunt National Guard members)?

You guys gotta give it a rest on the outrage. It's just a movie. Next thing you know, some of you are going to say The Purge is an Illuminati plot that they will enact in 3 years.
um...the left leads outrage. where's your protest to all the things the left gets outraged about?

i mean, if you really wanna go tit for tat, let me see you bag on the liberals for their phaux-rage.

We used to cheer in the movies when Nazis and Japs got killed

Why can’t we cheer at the killing of deplorables?

You think this a game dontcha? That's a pretty deplorable and indefensible statement right there.. It's not my war, but it's my country and right now -- folks like you need to seek professional help......
he games everything. he's only here to get jabs in and i've yet to see him actually participate in a conversation w/o doing the mock/jab shit.

him and many like that are on ignore.

None of you have seen the movie . You really think it’s a bunch of magas being hunted ?

Well they refer to them as "hunting deplorables". I'd say the suggestion is fairly clear.

I watched the trailer and heard no such thing. And aren’t the “deplorables “ as you say , the hero’s of the movie ?

The fact that you're here making excuses for the monumental lack of judgement means you have no moral compass.. This is an EASY one for rational people.. You WANT TO BE "a rational people" dontcha???
What lack of judgement?

The fact that you have to ASK giving the rapidly deteriorating state of politics and leadership, just MIGHT MEAN -- you're more a part of the problem than you realize...

I don't care which side is hunted.. Do YOU??

I'm disappointed that something this provocative and evil inspiring is so difficult to denounce by the same folks that hound Trump falsely for not denouncing a White Supremacist/Antifa showdown...

Lighten up Francis....

It’s just a movie. The humans as prey theme has been around for almost a 100 years.

May I suggest you don’t go see it?

The Most Dangerous Game - Wikipedia

Sadly, this has to be placed under Politics. Imagine someone made a movie involving hunting Obama fans, or maybe some Chinese Communists? The MSM would be outraged!

Hollywood blockbuster that satirizes killing of ‘deplorables’ causes outrage: ‘Demented and evil’

A controversial movie about privileged vacationers hunting “deplorables” for sport is ruffling feathers more than a month before its scheduled release and after tragic mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio.

“The Hunt” is billed as a satire that follows wealthy thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort where they embark on a “deeply rewarding” expedition that involves hunting down and killing designated humans. The Hollywood Reporter reported on Tuesday that “Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire" following the shootings after ESPN reportedly pulled a trailer for the film that had been previously cleared to air on the sports network.

“The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals,” THR’s Kim Masters wrote. “It features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”
Since it is FOX reporting you can be sure the movie is the exact opposite.
Here is how the movie is actually described, and it is the Trump Nationalists killing the GLOBALIST ELITES one by one to get to their leader. But you knew that already!

Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don’t know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen… for a very specific purpose … The Hunt. In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, a group of globalist elites gathers for the very first time at a remote Manor House to hunt humans for sport. But the elites’ master plan is about to be derailed because one of the hunted, Crystal (Betty Gilpin, GLOW), knows The Hunters’ game better than they do. She turns the tables on the killers, picking them off, one by one, as she makes her way toward the mysterious woman (two-time Oscar® winner Hilary Swank) at the center of it all.

The movie is supposed to be inspirational. The purpose is to increase knockout and polar bear hunting games.

What a shock, liberals trying to cash in. Can hardly wait for the claim of "free speech" or "I have no idea how these kids get so violent".
Actually it is the CON$ervoFascist scum who are trying to cash in, as the movie is actually about deplorable Trump Nationalists killing GLOBALIST ELITES. But you knew that already.

Forum List

Back