Hollywood blockbuster that satirizes killing of ‘deplorables’ causes outrage: ‘Demented and evil’

Sadly, this has to be placed under Politics. Imagine someone made a movie involving hunting Obama fans, or maybe some Chinese Communists? The MSM would be outraged!

Hollywood blockbuster that satirizes killing of ‘deplorables’ causes outrage: ‘Demented and evil’

A controversial movie about privileged vacationers hunting “deplorables” for sport is ruffling feathers more than a month before its scheduled release and after tragic mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio.

“The Hunt” is billed as a satire that follows wealthy thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort where they embark on a “deeply rewarding” expedition that involves hunting down and killing designated humans. The Hollywood Reporter reported on Tuesday that “Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire" following the shootings after ESPN reportedly pulled a trailer for the film that had been previously cleared to air on the sports network.

“The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals,” THR’s Kim Masters wrote. “It features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”
Sounds like a Predator movie-its been done.

From the DailyMail link (which is the only place that will carry this story other than Fox)

While some trailers for the film have been pulled, there's an internal debate deliberating the film's next steps.

But decisions will need come fast, as there's an promotional blitz planned in September.

Universal is reportedly assessing their plan as a 'fluid situation' and it could change 'if people think we're being exploitative rather than opinionated.'

YA THINK ????? :1peleas:

If you're a Comcast customer, please DO help thinking along on this... They now OWN Universal....

Just as what usually happens the normal people on this board debunk yet another hypersensitive OP that defies reality and then this fuckin' guy comes along, doesn't read any of the thread and spikes the bullshit back into the thread. Congrats, mod.

From the DailyMail link (which is the only place that will carry this story other than Fox)

While some trailers for the film have been pulled, there's an internal debate deliberating the film's next steps.

But decisions will need come fast, as there's an promotional blitz planned in September.

Universal is reportedly assessing their plan as a 'fluid situation' and it could change 'if people think we're being exploitative rather than opinionated.'

If you're a Comcast customer, please DO help thinking along on this... They now OWN Universal....

Just as what usually happens the normal people on this board debunk yet another hypersensitive OP that defies reality and then this fuckin' guy comes along, doesn't read any of the thread and spikes the bullshit back into the thread. Congrats, mod.

Just as what usually happens when a devout leftist encounters some evil Hollywood sham to CAPITALIZE and profit from divisive and dangerous "mass shooter" movies...

They show they have no moral compass.. Don't know right from wrong and continue chucking spears back and forth.. As I said before -- this is NOT my war.. Both dying, inept and corrupt parties are locked in death match and THIS is the result.. And I wish for a quick death for BOTH of them..

Any major war campaign contains those propaganda movies that dehumanizes the other side and THIS is one that Putin and Goebels would be damn proud of... Too bad Putin doesn't HAVE a Universal Studios owned by Comcast to help bring the US to it's knees...

I quoted from the article and provided background.. You provide only troll chaff...

Just as what usually happens when a devout leftist encounters some evil Hollywood sham to CAPITALIZE and profit from divisive and dangerous "mass shooter" movies...

They show they have no moral compass.. Don't know right from wrong and continue chucking spears back and forth.. As I said before -- this is NOT my war.. Both dying, inept and corrupt parties are locked in death match and THIS is the result..

Any major war campaign contains those propaganda movies that dehumanizes the other side and THIS is one that Putin and Goebels would be damn proud of... Too bad Putin doesn't HAVE a Universal Studios owned by Comcast to help bring the US to it's knees...

The ones being hunted in the movie are portrayed as the good guys. It does not appear that liberals are going to root for one side and conservatives the other. Fucking idiots look for conspiracy everywhere.

They show they have no moral compass.. Don't know right from wrong and continue chucking spears back and forth.. As I said before -- this is NOT my war.. Both dying, inept and corrupt parties are locked in death match and THIS is the result..

The ones being hunted in the movie are portrayed as the good guys. It does not appear that liberals are going to root for one side and conservatives the other. Fucking idiots look for conspiracy everywhere.

DO YOU CARE --- who is being hunted if it's an obvious political message??? Do YOU???

The answer is telling.. It really is....

DO YOU CARE --- who is being hunted if it's an obvious political message??? Do YOU???

Do I care? It's average Joe being hunted by elitists. The plot line has been done before and other than the recent mass shootings I don't think anyone would really give two shits about the "message" you think it's sending.

I'm more concerned with what real people say, like our president. Such as making excuses for when someone in his audience shouts out that he wants to shoot immigrants.

Do I care? It's average Joe being hunted by elitists. The plot line has been done before and other than the recent mass shootings I don't think anyone would really give two shits about the "message" you think it's sending.

Yeah -- folks in Arkansas being hunted by sicko elites from big urban centers.. Folks they call "not human".. Watch the trailer at post 28 and get back to me.. Not too quick tho.. You tend to not THINK before you reply.. It's like 3 seconds and spew...

Ponder it a bit.. See if you have SENSE of "right and wrong" left and pretend you're a demented partisan who would like to be a hero by shooting up some people for political sport....

Yeah -- folks in Arkansas being hunted by sicko elites from big urban centers.. Folks they call "not human".. Watch the trailer at post 28 and get back to me.. Not too quick tho.. You tend to not THINK before you reply.. It's like 3 seconds and spew...

Ponder it a bit.. See if you have SENSE of "right and wrong" left and pretend you're a demented partisan who would like to be a hero by shooting up some people for political sport....

I already watched the trailer, the elitists are clearly the enemy and the woman who fights back clearly the hero in the movie.

I realize 8chan is down and this is a chance for you guys to load up on more wingnuts but you're being ridiculous.

"This country BELONGS TO US" ?? That's right there in trailer designed to SELL this piece of propaganda...

And YOU got furious over some pot-bellied nazi wannabees marching with tiki torches and shouting the same crap?? Get off my cloud -- hypocrite.. Go check yourself...

I already watched the trailer, the elitists are clearly the enemy and the woman who fights back clearly the hero in the movie.

Your movie trailer comprehension sucks way worse than than reading comprehension or reasoning skills..

The woman who blows away several "deplorables" at the beginning is not the heroine...

Not that wikipedia is reliable for inflammatory crap like this -- but the CURRENT page there about the movie now reads like this...

Twelve Trump supporters wake up in a clearing. They don't know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen—for a very specific purpose, to be hunted and murdered by wealthy hollywood elite liberal democrats.....The Hunt.

Maybe you shut your trap and go fix that if it's wrong...

"This country BELONGS TO US" ?? That's right there in trailer designed to SELL this piece of propaganda...

Its a movie, the villains are clear for all to see.

And YOU got furious over some pot-bellied nazi wannabees marching with tiki torches and shouting the same crap?? Get off my cloud -- hypocrite.. Go check yourself...

Yes. One of them ran their car into a crowd. A white supremacist shot up a church, there was a mosque and a temple too. The problem is global from Norway to New Zealand.

Thankfully we can rest assured that a wingnut from this board never acted violently in the real world, right?...right.

EDIT to fix quotes

Last edited:

Your movie trailer comprehension sucks way worse than than reading comprehension or reasoning skills..

The woman who blows away several "deplorables" at the beginning is not the heroine...

Not that wikipedia is reliable for inflammatory crap like this -- but the CURRENT page there about the movie now reads like this...

Twelve Trump supporters wake up in a clearing. They don't know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen—for a very specific purpose, to be hunted and murdered by wealthy hollywood elite liberal democrats.....The Hunt.

Why are you quoting Wikipedia? Quote from something resembling the source.

I didn't understand the trailer? Those folks in the gas station were pretending they were in Arkansas, they were there to deceive the people being hunted. Did you not see the EU license plate the good guys found on the truck? Damn, dude. You WANT this to be about right vs. left.

Also, for shits and gigs I checked the wiki page, there is no mention of Trump supporters.

The Hunt (2019 film) - Wikipedia

It doesn't appear to have ever been edited either.

I didn't understand the trailer? Those folks in the gas station were pretending they were in Arkansas, they were there to deceive the people being hunted. Did you not see the EU license plate the good guys found on the truck? Damn, dude. You WANT this to be about right vs. left.

Also, for shits and gigs I checked the wiki page, there is no mention of Trump supporters.

Don't hurt yourself learning how stuff works -- Edits show at LEAST 8 on the East Coast on Aug 8th.. Reverting to PREVIOUS version.. They are fighting over it as we speak.. That's Wiki is useless for this stuff..

But never mind --- let's visit a Hollywood biz online journal...
Universal Pauses Marketing On ‘The Hunt’ After Mass Shootings – Deadline

Universal is putting the brakes on the marketing for their Blumhouse release The Hunt in the wake of recent mass shootings which have taken the lives of 34 people in El Paso, Texas; Dayton, Ohio; and Gilroy, California.

“Out of sensitivity to the attention on the country’s recent shooting tragedies, Universal Pictures and the filmmakers of The Hunt have temporarily paused its marketing campaign and are reviewing materials as we move forward,” said a studio rep in a statement.

The pic’s release date will remain unchanged for the Sept. 27 thriller which follows 12 red-state strangers who wake up in a clearing and realize that they’re being hunted by liberals. Betty Gilpin and Oscar winner Hilary Swank play women on opposite sides of the political spectrum, conservative and liberal, who are targeting each other.

I can't be that far wrong..

But the point is NOT who the "heroes" are -- this POShit for profit should NEVER go NEAR that topic of MASS KILLINGS FOR POLITICAL differences in an environment like we're in.. The execs who green lighted this turd probably go to sleep at night PRAYING for redemption from the deplorables...

I'll bet you the whole several $100Mill bad judgement gets deep sixed.. And the execs and cast all go to rehab for SEVERE TDelusionSyndrome...

Sadly, this has to be placed under Politics. Imagine someone made a movie involving hunting Obama fans, or maybe some Chinese Communists? The MSM would be outraged!

A controversial movie about privileged vacationers hunting “deplorables” for sport is ruffling feathers more than a month before its scheduled release and after tragic mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio.

“The Hunt” is billed as a satire that follows wealthy thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort where they embark on a “deeply rewarding” expedition that involves hunting down and killing designated humans. The Hollywood Reporter reported on Tuesday that “Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire" following the shootings after ESPN reportedly pulled a trailer for the film that had been previously cleared to air on the sports network.

“The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals,” THR’s Kim Masters wrote. “It features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”
WTF...UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE

Don't hurt yourself learning how stuff works -- Edits show at LEAST 8 on the East Coast on Aug 8th.. Reverting to PREVIOUS version.. They are fighting over it as we speak.. That's Wiki is useless for this stuff..

Awesome, now find the text about Trump and then match it up with anywhere on the internet where that was used to promote the film. Good luck.
But never mind --- let's visit a Hollywood biz online journal...
Universal Pauses Marketing On ‘The Hunt’ After Mass Shootings – Deadline

Universal is putting the brakes on the marketing for their Blumhouse release The Hunt in the wake of recent mass shootings which have taken the lives of 34 people in El Paso, Texas; Dayton, Ohio; and Gilroy, California.

“Out of sensitivity to the attention on the country’s recent shooting tragedies, Universal Pictures and the filmmakers of The Hunt have temporarily paused its marketing campaign and are reviewing materials as we move forward,” said a studio rep in a statement.

The pic’s release date will remain unchanged for the Sept. 27 thriller which follows 12 red-state strangers who wake up in a clearing and realize that they’re being hunted by liberals. Betty Gilpin and Oscar winner Hilary Swank play women on opposite sides of the political spectrum, conservative and liberal, who are targeting each other.

I can't be that far wrong..

Yes, you can. The "liberals" as someone other than the move creators have described them appear to be the bad guys in the trailer. "I can't be that far off", doesn't exactly sound very confident.

But the point is NOT who the "heroes" are -- this POShit for profit should NEVER go NEAR that topic of MASS KILLINGS FOR POLITICAL differences in an environment like we're in.. The execs who green lighted this turd probably go to sleep at night PRAYING for redemption from the deplorables...

But movies about "mass killings" profiting off of something other than politics is OK? Like that makes a difference?

I'll bet you the whole several $100Mill bad judgement gets deep sixed.. And the execs and cast all go to rehab for SEVERE TDelusionSyndrome...

Maybe, I don't really care, you're the hyperventilating over it.

How about Yahoo News ditzbrain??

Gun-based ads for horror movie 'The Hunt' get pulled in the wake of mass shootings in the US

Lost and Prometheus writer Damon Lindelof, and being released by Universal, is a satirical horror in which a group of strangers, awake in the woods to find they're being hunted." data-reactid="23" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">The movie, co-written by Lost and Prometheus writer Damon Lindelof, and being released by Universal, is a satirical horror in which a group of strangers, awake in the woods to find they're being hunted.

It soon emerges that the hunted are a group of MAGA-voting 'deplorables' and the hunters are a wealthy liberal elite.

Or maybe Business Insider....

Movie execs reportedly pulled ads for a horror film where US elites hunt 'deplorables' for sport after the shootings in El Paso and Dayton

• In "The Hunt," the superrich kidnap people described as "deplorables" — a term adopted by some supporters of President Donald Trump — and track them down to be killed.
Movie executives have reportedly pulled ads for a new horror film about liberal elites hunting "deplorables" for sport, apparently in response to the two mass shootings that roiled the US over the weekend.

Universal Pictures pulled TV and online advertisements for "The Hunt," according to The Hollywood Reporter. The outlet cited a senior studio source.

"The Hunt," due for release on September 27, focuses on a remote woodland mansion where US elites come in secret to hunt humans for sport.

In the movie, the victims of the hunting and kidnapping are described as "deplorables" — a label adopted by some supporters of President Donald Trump after Hillary Clinton used the term during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Say cuckoo bird, how much time and trolling energy you want to invest in defending the moral-less rudderless leftists in Hollywood with CLINICALLY significant TDS??

Knock your oblivious self out.. I'm contacting Comcast and Universal to help them come to their fucking senses...

Forum List

Back