Home invasion...thank goodness victims didn't have a gun...grandfather was beaten to death though...

You have posted nonsense several times.....my defense is over 16 different, actual studies on the defensive use of guns to stop violent criminal attack, done over 40 years by both private and public experts in the field of research.......yours....you don't like the numbers so they aren't real.....

Yeah....who is really more delusional.........

There are about 1.1 million violent crimes committed each year. You claim 1.6 million are defended by a minority of the population. It's clear who is delusional.

Brain....your number, again, not linked, is not accurate or even close to accurate...the Clinton Justice Dept. alone did a study to debunk defensive gun use and they came up with 1.5 million times a year....the Justice Dept........they would know the crime rate...don't you think?

Here you go AGAIN.
United States Crime Rates1960 - 2013

About 1.1 million violent crimes. Clinton? That was a long time ago. Crime rates have come down dramatically.

so....your stat means nothing...it doesn't catch all crimes committed or all crimes stopped by people using guns to stop them....a last desperate gasp to sustain you silly notions....

and yes....crime rates have gone down...as gun ownership has gone up and as more people carry guns...over 11.1 million people.....

It means your 1.6 is ridiculous. Gun owners are not defending more violent crimes than occur each year. Sorry.

In their twisted little minds they are

Every bump in the night is another defense in their mind

There are about 1.1 million violent crimes committed each year. You claim 1.6 million are defended by a minority of the population. It's clear who is delusional.

Brain....your number, again, not linked, is not accurate or even close to accurate...the Clinton Justice Dept. alone did a study to debunk defensive gun use and they came up with 1.5 million times a year....the Justice Dept........they would know the crime rate...don't you think?

Here you go AGAIN.

About 1.1 million violent crimes. Clinton? That was a long time ago. Crime rates have come down dramatically.

so....your stat means nothing...it doesn't catch all crimes committed or all crimes stopped by people using guns to stop them....a last desperate gasp to sustain you silly notions....

and yes....crime rates have gone down...as gun ownership has gone up and as more people carry guns...over 11.1 million people.....

It means your 1.6 is ridiculous. Gun owners are not defending more violent crimes than occur each year. Sorry.

You obsess over guns far more than I do.

Here you go AGAIN.

You LIE!

Here you go AGAIN.

You LIE!

I'm not the one on USMB squawking about em every damn day.

You LIE!

Show me a single gun thread I have started

You LIE!

You dont have to start em to whine in em.

I have repeatedly commented on the change in your position on the issue includes knowledge you did not have before.

You have not responded to this.

I have repeatedly asked you if you had done the reading yourself.

You have ignored my questions.

I have asked you if you needed a link to information we discussed yesterday and which you now possess.

You have not answered that question.

If you were to apologize to the man you were calling a liar yesterday, it would raise my opinion of you.

You have not provided the info you said you would. And clearly have no intention to probably because it doesn't back you. So do what you said you would. Otherwise you are shown to be of low character.

Apologize to the guy who insulted everyone by lying? No thanks. Like the other guy it's hard to remember dates for things that never happened.

Why do you refuse to answer my questions or address anything I have said? THey are not gotcha questions or rhetorical B.S. questions like "have you stopped beating your wife".

Did you already independently read the information that I was discussing yesterday?

No you said you would do the research and report back. I'm still waiting.

You now demonstrate a grasp of such concepts as the telescoping effect.

Yesterday, you claimed such behavior was proof of lying, now you know better.

This was the point I trying to make yesterday. When you were calling the other poster a liar.

I'm not sure why you think that I should invest the time to link you to information you now possess.

However that occurred.

I'm glad you learned something.

You seem to not be making any sense. And clearly you won't find the info because you are wrong. Sorry for proving your gun nut friend was lying.

I'm making plenty of sense.

BUt if it will move this nonsense forward.

Telescoping effect - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"In cognitive psychology, the telescoping effect (or telescoping bias) refers to the temporal displacement of an event whereby people perceive recent events as being more remote than they are and distant events as being more recent than they are.[1] The former is known as backward telescoping or time expansion, and the latter as is known asforward telescoping.[1] Three years is approximately the time frame in which events switch from being displaced backwards in time to forwards in time, with events occurring three years in the past being equally likely to be reported with forward telescoping bias as with backward telescoping bias.[1] Although telescoping occurs in both the forward and backward directions, in general the effect is to increase the number of events reported too recently"

Now we see that a confusion on dates, instead of being evidence of lying, is a fairly normal error in memory.

And you, instead of being the voice of reason, were ignorant of the facts, and were quick to falsely accuse someone of lying.

Maybe you didn't know this yesterday.

But you know it now.

SO stop calling that other poster a liar.

It is intellectually dishonest for you to insist that he is lying when a plausible alternative has been offered and supported.

You LIE!

You dont have to start em to whine in em.
I'm not whining....I'm just trying to piss off the gun nuts

It is not the same thing

Not true.....cities with strict gun control have high gun murder rates....Chicago and Washington D.C. to name a few....

Actually, Chicago is not in the top 20

New York and Boston have the toughest gun laws in the nation and low homicide rates
New Orleans has loose gun laws and an outrageous homicide rate

And chicago and Washington D.C also have the toughest gun laws and they have higher gun murder rates than New York and Boston......

Still lower than open carry New Orleans

California, New York and Pennsylvania....all have more murders than Louisiana....and California, and New York definitely have stricter gun laws than Louisiana......have to check Penn.

U.S. homicide number of murders by state 2013 Statistic

Wow........Highly populated states have more murders than sparsely populated states

You figured that out did you?

what you failed at is the fact that California and New York have sticker gun control than Loiusiana....and more murders.........in your world that isn't supposed to happen...

Actually, Chicago is not in the top 20

New York and Boston have the toughest gun laws in the nation and low homicide rates
New Orleans has loose gun laws and an outrageous homicide rate

And chicago and Washington D.C also have the toughest gun laws and they have higher gun murder rates than New York and Boston......

California, New York and Pennsylvania....all have more murders than Louisiana....and California, and New York definitely have stricter gun laws than Louisiana......have to check Penn.

Wow........Highly populated states have more murders than sparsely populated states

what you failed at is the fact that California and New York have sticker gun control than Loiusiana....and more murders.........in your world that isn't supposed to happen...

Still having problems with that population stuff huh?

Let's do this

I live in New York City with eight million people and 350 were killed last year
You live in a town with ten people and five were killed last year

Which is less safe?

Last edited:

Let's do this

Which is less safe?

The problem is shitflinger, that Chicago, with the draconian anti-liberty laws, has the highest per capita gun crime rate in the nation.Contrasted to Tuscon, with open carry which has virtually no gun crime at all.

Look, you are at war to end civil rights, I get it - but the shit you fling has no relation to reality.

Let's do this

Which is less safe?

The problem is shitflinger, that Chicago, with the draconian anti-liberty laws, has the highest per capita gun crime rate in the nation.Contrasted to Tuscon, with open carry which has virtually no gun crime at all.

Look, you are at war to end civil rights, I get it - but the shit you fling has no relation to reality.

Chicago is not in the top 20 in homicides
New Orleans, with open carry is in the top three

Let's do this

Which is less safe?

And yet you use the deaths of under 100 kids to justify your rants against the guns owned by 80 million people.....

Let's do this

Which is less safe?

And yet you use the deaths of under 100 kids to justify your rants against the guns owned by 80 million people.....

What does that have to do with what I posted?

Try to keep up

GUN CRIME - read for content.

top-murder-capitals-65d1259e06e501e331787c508a1e80e8.png

All left wing cities. All with strict gun control.

Why is that, shitflinger?

Chicago is 15. New Orleans is 9.

Top 30 Highest Murder Rate Cities in the U.S. 2015 - NeighborhoodScout

Let's do this

Which is less safe?

Actually, two cities in Loisiana are in the top 25 most violent cities in the U.S. For 2013......and they have both been run by democrats for decades....and they are the cities responsible for the high crime rate....it isn't guns...it is the policies of those democrats.....remove the source of the problem....democrats in control....and your gun violence problem goes away...

and 24 of the 25 most violent cities are run by democrats...and have strict gun control laws.........

guns aren't the problem.....democrats are.....

Let's do this

Which is less safe?

Actually, two cities in Loisiana are in the top 25 most violent cities in the U.S. For 2013......and they have both been run by democrats for decades....and they are the cities responsible for the high crime rate....it isn't guns...it is the policies of those democrats.....remove the source of the problem....democrats in control....and your gun violence problem goes away...

and 24 of the 25 most violent cities are run by democrats...and have strict gun control laws.........

guns aren't the problem.....democrats are.....
You seem to be changing the subject

It is not democrat or republican but strict gun laws vs lax gun laws

New Orleans has lax gun laws

You have not provided the info you said you would. And clearly have no intention to probably because it doesn't back you. So do what you said you would. Otherwise you are shown to be of low character.

Apologize to the guy who insulted everyone by lying? No thanks. Like the other guy it's hard to remember dates for things that never happened.

Why do you refuse to answer my questions or address anything I have said? THey are not gotcha questions or rhetorical B.S. questions like "have you stopped beating your wife".

Did you already independently read the information that I was discussing yesterday?

No you said you would do the research and report back. I'm still waiting.

You now demonstrate a grasp of such concepts as the telescoping effect.

Yesterday, you claimed such behavior was proof of lying, now you know better.

This was the point I trying to make yesterday. When you were calling the other poster a liar.

I'm not sure why you think that I should invest the time to link you to information you now possess.

However that occurred.

I'm glad you learned something.

You seem to not be making any sense. And clearly you won't find the info because you are wrong. Sorry for proving your gun nut friend was lying.

I'm making plenty of sense.

BUt if it will move this nonsense forward.

Telescoping effect - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"In cognitive psychology, the telescoping effect (or telescoping bias) refers to the temporal displacement of an event whereby people perceive recent events as being more remote than they are and distant events as being more recent than they are.[1] The former is known as backward telescoping or time expansion, and the latter as is known asforward telescoping.[1] Three years is approximately the time frame in which events switch from being displaced backwards in time to forwards in time, with events occurring three years in the past being equally likely to be reported with forward telescoping bias as with backward telescoping bias.[1] Although telescoping occurs in both the forward and backward directions, in general the effect is to increase the number of events reported too recently"

Now we see that a confusion on dates, instead of being evidence of lying, is a fairly normal error in memory.

And you, instead of being the voice of reason, were ignorant of the facts, and were quick to falsely accuse someone of lying.

Maybe you didn't know this yesterday.

But you know it now.

SO stop calling that other poster a liar.

It is intellectually dishonest for you to insist that he is lying when a plausible alternative has been offered and supported.

So where does that say that an event that was claimed to happen 25 years ago can be confused with 12 years ago? Especially when there is a great reference point in time like moving into a house and getting married 25 years ago?

You can be fooled into believing he can't remember if his one self defense happened around the time he moved into the house and got married if you want. I am not fooled so easily however.

Although telescoping occurs in both the forward and backward directions, in general the effect is to increase the number of events reported too recently

Well he reported it as later rather than too recently. Your own link doesn't help you.

It does show however why the gun surveys are so inaccurate so thanks.
Telescoping leads to an over reporting of the frequency of events.[3] This over reporting is because participants include events beyond the period, either events that are too recent for the target time period (backward telescoping) or events that are too old for the target time period (forward telescoping).[3]

Forum List

Back