Home invasion...thank goodness victims didn't have a gun...grandfather was beaten to death though...

Yes they are asking in the past 5 years. Well as has been clearly shown here with our examples they have no idea when. So sure they will say yes its in 5 year when it might be 7, 12, or 15. This is one of the ways his survey is loaded with false positives.

You must have read past the question..."Did this incident happen in the last 12 months ?"...

and no, not false positives...they didn't make up defensive gun uses...that would be a false positive....again, there is more of a chance of under reporting not over reporting....

But you keep making things up brain......

Yes but as has been shown here these people have no idea how long it has been. So even if it was 2 years ago they will say it was a year. And the calculation from the survey are dependent on answers which are accurate. You just don't seem to get that. They aren't accurate as was just proven in this thread.

Soooooo, now that you see how it serves your purpose, you have dropped your accusations of lying?

Where is your research on eyewitness accounts?

Do you still need it?

It sounds like you have been doing some reading since yesterday and have learned some of them already.

Now that you understand some of the issues on remembering dates, do you want to apologize for calling the other poster a liar?

I didn't think you were going to do anything. Or did your research not result in the answer you wanted? Sorry I caught a gun nut lying.

Than you should be fine with putting a gun free zone sign in your yard.

I don't have a problem

Why don't you put up a sign "Guns kept on the premises" so that robbers know where the desirable property to steal is

Nah...I want to keep em guessing. How else am I to get a good shot at em?
Besides they couldnt get past the gate,the dog,the alarm,the surveillance system or into the safe. All they'd get is killed.

Most gun owners aren't that smart

It is not hard to figure out when someone is home and when they have left. Do you have a phone?
Your guns are more valuable to a criminal than anything I have in my house. Easier to carry, easier to sell
They want to rob my house? I'll just walk out and let them. I have insurance and don't own anything worth taking a human life

Aren't smart enough to do what? That was a nonsensical generalization. Smart enough to get a good shot?

It is not hard to figure out when someone is home and when they have left? How? MOst people have multiple cars. If there is one car in the driveway does that mean that everyone has left the house? Or is there someone asleep with the lights off?

You assume that you will have the opportunity to leave. Maybe they will assume that you have hidden your valuables. Maybe they just want to hurt you for the sadistic fun of it. Maybe they will be between you and the exit.

A good thief will case the house and know when you go to work and when you get back. He will know your car and your wifes car. A phone call or an innocent knock on your door looking for a lost kitten can verify if you are home

There are over 300 million guns in this country. There are not 300 million gun safes. Most guns and ammunition are there for the taking

You owning a gun does very little in preventing a thief from robbing your house

FYI, I'm just as concerned about bad thieves as good ones.

If my guns, or the just the risk of the gun convinces the thieves to be careful to rob my house while my family and I are out, IMO, that gun has done it's job.

I don't have a problem

Why don't you put up a sign "Guns kept on the premises" so that robbers know where the desirable property to steal is

Besides they couldnt get past the gate,the dog,the alarm,the surveillance system or into the safe. All they'd get is killed.

It is not hard to figure out when someone is home and when they have left. Do you have a phone?
Your guns are more valuable to a criminal than anything I have in my house. Easier to carry, easier to sell
They want to rob my house? I'll just walk out and let them. I have insurance and don't own anything worth taking a human life

Aren't smart enough to do what? That was a nonsensical generalization. Smart enough to get a good shot?

It is not hard to figure out when someone is home and when they have left? How? MOst people have multiple cars. If there is one car in the driveway does that mean that everyone has left the house? Or is there someone asleep with the lights off?

You assume that you will have the opportunity to leave. Maybe they will assume that you have hidden your valuables. Maybe they just want to hurt you for the sadistic fun of it. Maybe they will be between you and the exit.

A good thief will case the house and know when you go to work and when you get back. He will know your car and your wifes car. A phone call or an innocent knock on your door looking for a lost kitten can verify if you are home

There are over 300 million guns in this country. There are not 300 million gun safes. Most guns and ammunition are there for the taking

FYI, I'm just as concerned about bad thieves as good ones.

If my guns, or the just the risk of the gun convinces the thieves to be careful to rob my house while my family and I are out, IMO, that gun has done it's job.

With about 232,000 guns stolen each year id say they don't deter much crime.

"...
Deputies say they don't know if anything was taken from the home, and it's not clear yet who called 9-1-1.

Investigators have been on scene about twelve hours."'

Sounds to me like the attackers knew their victims since there was no robbery.

I don't know if you understand how long it takes for someone to break into a home and attack someone. Try less than 30 seconds because a door can be broken down in about 5-10 seconds. So we are all supposed to sleep with one eye open and a gun in our hand? Do you know how many accidental killings happen that way?

Sorry, this is a sorry-assed argument for owning a gun.

Knowing possible risks and how to mitigate them is a smart thing for any homeowner to do. In your case, I'd suggest not owning any kind of defensive weapon and leaving your doors unlocked. We need the gene pool cleaned.

You must have read past the question..."Did this incident happen in the last 12 months ?"...

and no, not false positives...they didn't make up defensive gun uses...that would be a false positive....again, there is more of a chance of under reporting not over reporting....

But you keep making things up brain......

Yes but as has been shown here these people have no idea how long it has been. So even if it was 2 years ago they will say it was a year. And the calculation from the survey are dependent on answers which are accurate. You just don't seem to get that. They aren't accurate as was just proven in this thread.

Soooooo, now that you see how it serves your purpose, you have dropped your accusations of lying?

Do you still need it?

It sounds like you have been doing some reading since yesterday and have learned some of them already.

Now that you understand some of the issues on remembering dates, do you want to apologize for calling the other poster a liar?

I didn't think you were going to do anything. Or did your research not result in the answer you wanted? Sorry I caught a gun nut lying.

Odd, nothing you said directly answers anything I asked.

You do know more about how memory works (or fails to work) than you did yesterday. Thus you should be able to realize that your focus on the issue of dates yesterday (or was it the day before?;)) did not show what you thought it did, ie that that other poster was lying.

Considering how harsh and accusatory you were, and incorrectly at that, I asked if you would like to apologize.

If you have done some reading since yesterday, then you have learned (you could thank me for challenging you) and thus do not need me to link you to something you now know.

Holding on to your "liar" accusation, when you now know that a date mix up is totally normal, that's pretty dishonest of you...

Do you still need it?

You do know more about how memory works (or fails to work) than you did yesterday. Thus you should be able to realize that your focus on the issue of dates yesterday (or was it the day before?;)) did not show what you thought it did, ie that that other poster was lying.

Considering how harsh and accusatory you were, and incorrectly at that, I asked if you would like to apologize.

If you have done some reading since yesterday, then you have learned (you could thank me for challenging you) and thus do not need me to link you to something you now know.

Holding on to your "liar" accusation, when you now know that a date mix up is totally normal, that's pretty dishonest of you...

I know you were going to do some research and report back. Seems like you aren't doing that so I am quickly thinking less of you. So where is the results of your research?

Do you still need it?

Which is exactly why he's on ignore.

Do you still need it?

I know you were going to do some research and report back. Seems like you aren't doing that so I am quickly thinking less of you. So where is the results of your research?

I have repeatedly commented on the change in your position on the issue includes knowledge you did not have before.

You have not responded to this.

I have repeatedly asked you if you had done the reading yourself.

You have ignored my questions.

I have asked you if you needed a link to information we discussed yesterday and which you now possess.

You have not answered that question.

If you were to apologize to the man you were calling a liar yesterday, it would raise my opinion of you.

Do you still need it?

I have repeatedly commented on the change in your position on the issue includes knowledge you did not have before.

You have not responded to this.

I have repeatedly asked you if you had done the reading yourself.

You have ignored my questions.

I have asked you if you needed a link to information we discussed yesterday and which you now possess.

You have not answered that question.

If you were to apologize to the man you were calling a liar yesterday, it would raise my opinion of you.

You have not provided the info you said you would. And clearly have no intention to probably because it doesn't back you. So do what you said you would. Otherwise you are shown to be of low character.

Apologize to the guy who insulted everyone by lying? No thanks. Like the other guy it's hard to remember dates for things that never happened.

So....rightwinger....people break into your home....and you want to give them the absolute power to determine your fate from that point forward....you trust these people who just broke through your door to administer "just enough" of a beating...and no more than that....to not decide "hey, let's not leave any witnesses".....or "hey, let's rape the old woman in front of her husband"........you want that power to be in the sole hands of the people who just broke into your home....

I would rather that old couple have the choice to choose the other way....shooting them out of their F*****g socks for breaking into their home.......

We just have a different tolerance point for uncivilized behavior.......

Other than your romantic visions about shooting badguys, you have no way of knowing what the result would have been if more guns were added to the equation

In general, more guns= more shooting and more shooting= more deaths

Actually that isn't true....I would love to see an impartial link to that belief.....because as has been shown and as you have reported and brain has reported......with more Americans owning and actually carrying guns for protection....the crime rate has gone down...that means the gun violence rate is going down...therefore you are wrong again...more guns do not mean more shooting and more deaths....since the gun murder rate has been going down as has the accidental gun death rate...

Again, you are just wrong......

What has been shown is that gun ownership has had no impact on the crime rate and those areas with more acces to weapons have the highest homicide rates

Not true.....cities with strict gun control have high gun murder rates....Chicago and Washington D.C. to name a few....

How many rapes go unreported.....how many other crimes go unreported because they don't think the police can do anything.....playing with numbers is fun but since you aren't an actual researcher you don't know the real numbers.......and the FBI stats, and the NCVS stats all depend on people and law enforcement agencies actually sending in reports and then updating reports that change the stats....so you will never get the real number....

and yes...stopping a violent crime or preventing one.....means it many times it was not completed...thus not reported....

None of that changes anything. Your numbers are still ridiculous. 1.1 million violent crimes committed each year, yet you claim 1.6 million are defended. Defended by a minority of the population. Only 11 million carry. The only argument you could make would be that owning a gun attracts crime so gun owners defend far more crimes than are reported. Oh and most defenders are involved in criminal activity so can't report the defenses. Is that the argument you want to make?

No brain...again...if you stop a crime with a gun you don't necessarily report it, second, a lot of other crime goes unreported...rapes and minor robberies in particular.....playing with the numbers to try to save face is cute....but a waste of time.....you don't have the real number for crime in the country so you don't know....and you still haven't posted a link as to where your number comes from anyway.....

I have posted it several times. Obviously you know your numbers are ridiculous cause you have no real defense. You just cling to the imaginary defense numbers regardless of how obviously wrong they are. There is no way a minority of the population is defending far more violent crimes than are reported. Sorry.

You have posted nonsense several times.....my defense is over 16 different, actual studies on the defensive use of guns to stop violent criminal attack, done over 40 years by both private and public experts in the field of research.......yours....you don't like the numbers so they aren't real.....

Yeah....who is really more delusional.........

There are about 1.1 million violent crimes committed each year. You claim 1.6 million are defended by a minority of the population. It's clear who is delusional.

Brain....your number, again, not linked, is not accurate or even close to accurate...the Clinton Justice Dept. alone did a study to debunk defensive gun use and they came up with 1.5 million times a year....the Justice Dept........they would know the crime rate...don't you think?

Than you should be fine with putting a gun free zone sign in your yard.

I don't have a problem

Unless he doesn't realize you are at home.....and you happen to be a woman and he decides to engage in opportunity rape...but as long as it is just rape...right, then it's okay?

Before I came to this thread a few years back, I didn't know that there are gun grabbers everywhere. I must have been really lucky. I have lived in Georgia, Texas, Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan, Colorado, Nevada, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arizona Pennsylvania, and California, and nobody ever tried to grab my guns. Where is all this gun grabbing taking place?
Must have missed the assault weapon ban then......

"...
Deputies say they don't know if anything was taken from the home, and it's not clear yet who called 9-1-1.

Investigators have been on scene about twelve hours."'

Sounds to me like the attackers knew their victims since there was no robbery.

I don't know if you understand how long it takes for someone to break into a home and attack someone. Try less than 30 seconds because a door can be broken down in about 5-10 seconds. So we are all supposed to sleep with one eye open and a gun in our hand? Do you know how many accidental killings happen that way?

Sorry, this is a sorry-assed argument for owning a gun.

Knowing possible risks and how to mitigate them is a smart thing for any homeowner to do. In your case, I'd suggest not owning any kind of defensive weapon and leaving your doors unlocked. We need the gene pool cleaned.

...and open....with a nice list of what valuables are inside and their location......

So....rightwinger....people break into your home....and you want to give them the absolute power to determine your fate from that point forward....you trust these people who just broke through your door to administer "just enough" of a beating...and no more than that....to not decide "hey, let's not leave any witnesses".....or "hey, let's rape the old woman in front of her husband"........you want that power to be in the sole hands of the people who just broke into your home....

I would rather that old couple have the choice to choose the other way....shooting them out of their F*****g socks for breaking into their home.......

Other than your romantic visions about shooting badguys, you have no way of knowing what the result would have been if more guns were added to the equation

Actually that isn't true....I would love to see an impartial link to that belief.....because as has been shown and as you have reported and brain has reported......with more Americans owning and actually carrying guns for protection....the crime rate has gone down...that means the gun violence rate is going down...therefore you are wrong again...more guns do not mean more shooting and more deaths....since the gun murder rate has been going down as has the accidental gun death rate...

What has been shown is that gun ownership has had no impact on the crime rate and those areas with more acces to weapons have the highest homicide rates

Not true.....cities with strict gun control have high gun murder rates....Chicago and Washington D.C. to name a few....

Actually, Chicago is not in the top 20

New York and Boston have the toughest gun laws in the nation and low homicide rates
New Orleans has loose gun laws and an outrageous homicide rate

I don't have a problem

Unless he doesn't realize you are at home.....and you happen to be a woman and he decides to engage in opportunity rape...but as long as it is just rape...right, then it's okay?

And if the woman in the house is not well trained and does not get off a kill shot, she ends up dead

And if the woman in the house is not well trained and does not get off a kill shot, she ends up dead

You don't know what you are talking about.....read actual stories, and don't rely on your imagination.....

New York and Boston have the toughest gun laws in the nation and low homicide rates

Except New York just stopped stop and frisk and Boston isnt the same as New Orleans, different demographics....

And chicago and Washington D.C also have the toughest gun laws and they have higher gun murder rates than New York and Boston......

You don't know what you are talking about.....read actual stories, and don't rely on your imagination.....

Yea right

The average housewife with three kids is prepared to go one on one with an armed intruder. More gun nut fantasies

Forum List

Back