home invasions in Britain is 10 times the rate as the US.

Hey I missed the part where it said that it was only because Americans had semi automatic weapons with large capacity clips was the reason B&E's were lower in the USA.

That is what you contend, isn't it? That only by owning an AR15 or AK47 or an M4 or some other form of semi auto assault style weapon is the only way to be safe.

Pump shotguns just aren't as sexy, are they?

Here's a link to the United Nations for homicide rates around the world: UNdata | record view | Intentional homicide, number and rate per 100,000 population

I sorted for just the US and Great Britain, and got this result:

ka0cc5.gif

nl27vr.gif

You can find the United Nations Excel table for robberies here: http://www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/statistics/crime/CTS12_Robbery.xls

Here are the numbers for the US and Great Britian. Click on all three to enlarge them:

6eiw5e.gif

2ew2w0n.gif

23j5nwo.gif

You know who has an even lower homicide rate? Switzerland.

all anyone in this country wants is the end of military style semi automatic weapons with extended magazine capacity in the hands of a bunch of idiots like bible thumping Republicans.

You're right, if we'd had a ban like that in place at the time, there would have never been a Columbine. Wait.....

Hey I missed the part where it said that it was only because Americans had semi automatic weapons with large capacity clips was the reason B&E's were lower in the USA.

That is what you contend, isn't it? That only by owning an AR15 or AK47 or an M4 or some other form of semi auto assault style weapon is the only way to be safe.

Pump shotguns just aren't as sexy, are they?

I don't think anyone is making such a claim. But even if they were, how is that any worse than the mindless reactionaryism of saying that simply banning weapons will somehow stop criminals from using them to do harm? How can you say that the mere existence of guns causes crime to happen?

What is the murder rate per capita in GB compared to the US?

I posted that in my post with the UN data, and clearly stated so. See post #8. The homicide rate in the US is nearly triple that of the UK.

So we have an admission that the murder rate is much higher per capita as well as a highly questionable home invasion rate based on your slippery evidence.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Another reason why comparing "home invasion" rates is seriously flawed is that not every nation, and not every state, has a "home invasion" robbery sub-category. And what qualifies as a "home invasion" is going to vary from country to country, and state to state.

In some jurisdictions there is a defined crime of home invasion; in others there is no crime defined as home invasion, but events that accompany the invasion are criminal. Where it is defined, the definition and punishments vary by jurisdiction.[3] It is not a legally defined federal offense throughout the United States, but is in several states, such as Michigan,[4] Connecticut,[5] Illinois,[6] Florida,[7] Louisiana,[8] and in Las Vegas, Nevada.[9]

Home invasion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh... kinda like the cherry picked data used in the WHO 'ratings' for healthcare? The fact that some countries do not count death during delivery the same way we do?

The key is that many of the uber lefties cherry pick when it suits them, and scream about it when it does not... kinda like the subjective equal treatment they call for when it suits them, while calling for unequal treatment of others when it suits them

Zeke's home defense weapon of choice..............

5f19d2f3c0c9817648c69d9fb573c05b1742a26d_348x348_zps7f3443b5.jpg

Well, we're all real proud of you s0n!!!:2up:

Who cant love when people who live in the middle of nowhere, in a place like Irrelevantstown, USA make bold pronouncements about gun ownership and gun bans.

Who knows how many burglaries never happen do to the fact a gun may be in the house with an owner ready to use it.. It's something that just can't be measured. The stats on the OP shouldn't surprise anyone.. because in England, it CAN be measured.

Hey NumbNuts! I hate to be the one to have to break the news to you but Great Britain has a total gun ban and all anyone in this country wants is the end of military style semi automatic weapons with extended magazine capacity in the hands of a bunch of idiots like bible thumping Republicans.

You'll Have To Pry My Liberal Dick From A Cold Dead Republican Hand(armed of course)
Your liberal dick is occupied while you watch and slobber over obamaturd at the moment.

By Gawd he beat the pee waddlin', mortal dawg shit out of that vulture capitalist.

OBAMA.......335
ROMULUS....206

Last edited:
Hey NumbNuts! I hate to be the one to have to break the news to you but Great Britain has a total gun ban and all anyone in this country wants is the end of military style semi automatic weapons with extended magazine capacity in the hands of a bunch of idiots like bible thumping Republicans.

You'll Have To Pry My Liberal Dick From A Cold Dead Republican Hand(armed of course)
Your liberal dick is occupied while you watch and slobber over obamaturd at the moment.

By Gawd he beat the pee waddlin', mortal dawg shit out of that vulture capitalist.

OBAMA.......335
ROMULUS....206

And an electoral vote tally has what to do with this subject??

OBAMA.......335
ROMULUS....206

It has everything to do with the future of the Republican party. If they can't figure out how to carry more than White men and folks over 65 their time has passed. 'Course I'm sure they will continue to listen to Lush Rambo, Karl Rove, the NRA and Fox News from inside their bubble and never know what hit them.

Last edited:
Another reason why comparing "home invasion" rates is seriously flawed is that not every nation, and not every state, has a "home invasion" robbery sub-category. And what qualifies as a "home invasion" is going to vary from country to country, and state to state.

In some jurisdictions there is a defined crime of home invasion; in others there is no crime defined as home invasion, but events that accompany the invasion are criminal. Where it is defined, the definition and punishments vary by jurisdiction.[3] It is not a legally defined federal offense throughout the United States, but is in several states, such as Michigan,[4] Connecticut,[5] Illinois,[6] Florida,[7] Louisiana,[8] and in Las Vegas, Nevada.[9]

Home invasion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh... kinda like the cherry picked data used in the WHO 'ratings' for healthcare? The fact that some countries do not count death during delivery the same way we do?

The key is that many of the uber lefties cherry pick when it suits them, and scream about it when it does not... kinda like the subjective equal treatment they call for when it suits them, while calling for unequal treatment of others when it suits them

You are correct. Both sides do it.

So what can we conclude from the opening post and the actual United Nations figures?

We see that the US has, by far, a higher homicide rate than the UK.

We see that England and Wales used to have higher robbery rates than the US prior to 2007, but that the gap closed in 2008 and 2009, and then widened again in 2010, but not as wide as in the past.

We can also see that Ireland and Scotland have much lower robbery rates than the US.

What we can conclude from this is that the person who wrote the OP was very carefully cherry picking crime data out of all the world's crime data in an attempt to prove a much wider proposition that cannot be supported by such a narrow frame.
the thread is about home invasions per capita .:eusa_eh:
US Population: 311 Million.
UK Population: 62 Million.

Ouch.. ;-)

OBAMA.......335
ROMULUS....206

It has everything to do with the future of the Republican party. If they can't figure out how to carry more than White men and folks over 65 their time has passed. 'Course I'm sure they will continue to listen to Lush Rambo, Karl Rove, the NRA and Fox News from inside their bubble and never know what hit them.

Perhaps with a stroke of a pen, the NEXT REPUBLICAN President will usurp the US Constitution like Obama has and simply legalize ILLEGAL voters- all for power.. Not as much fun when your guy isn't the one doing it, hmm?

OBAMA.......335
ROMULUS....206

And that has what to do with the subject of the thread...

derail2.jpg

We see that the US has, by far, a higher homicide rate than the UK.

We see that England and Wales used to have higher robbery rates than the US prior to 2007, but that the gap closed in 2008 and 2009, and then widened again in 2010, but not as wide as in the past.

We can also see that Ireland and Scotland have much lower robbery rates than the US.

these stats even out when you consider the US has 186 urban centers and the UK has 32

The US violent crime rate has gone down 50pct in the last 20 years. Crime rate in US urban centers over 250000 is twice the national average. Crime rate in the US is pocketed just like the UK.

Hmmmmm, criminals are more bold to break into your house if they know you don't have a gun to shoot them.......well duh.

Only liberals are too stupid to follow common sense.

Also guard dogs, CCTV, alarms, etc scare criminals off but idiot liberals don't believe in those things either.

Hmmm, the United Kingdom, based on all of the posts, is still safer than the USA.

OBAMA.......335
ROMULUS....206

you are a racist

Forum List

Back