Homeless Ohioans for Obama registering in droves;

It's puzzling to me why people would want to deny citizens their right to vote based on some vague fear that masses of homeless people will be moving about the country on election days, voting hundreds and thousands of times over and over and thus changing the course of history.

They're not being denied their right to vote.. Their rights just come with stipulations. You have a right to vote if you're over 18. You have a right to vote if you don't have a criminal record. You have a right to vote if you can prove you have a legal right to vote.

They're not being denied their right to vote.. Their rights just come with stipulations. You have a right to vote if you're over 18. You have a right to vote if you don't have a criminal record. You have a right to vote if you can prove you have a legal right to vote.

Let's see, how many other rights have limitations as such?

1. Drinking
2. Smoking
3. Bank Accounts
4. Driving
5. awww hell, the list never ends.

1. Drinking
2. Smoking
3. Bank Accounts
4. Driving

Personally, I have no problem with any of them. Ok, it *really* annoys me when I get carded for cigs - legal age is 18, I'm 39 freaking years old, and while I don't think I look 39, I'm well aware I don't look 18. But it's an annoyance I have to live with if I want to buy them, since it's the law.

Real proof of identity is not really different than having an address. Any schmuck can get a fake ID saying he's anyone he wants. It takes a little more work to combine that fake ID with mortgage papers, or a rental agreement.

Gunny's right. You're wrong. End of story. Next?

Locally in California a person must register a certain number of days before an election and ID is not required, BUT a name and Social Security number match are. Did you know that THE SSA also lists AKAs so that, for example, married name changes, other name changes, whatever are also subject to the paper trail. Easy check there, and no real problem.

As far as fake IDs, most of those belong to illegals, who do not want to draw attention by trying to vote, or there were those others, that belonged to the Bush Twins. I doubt they bothered to try to vote with them.

As for vote fraud, modern data entry means that NO the dead do not vote, and the actual incidence of fraud is really much lower than some like to promote. This isn't the old days in Chicago!

In fact the biggest fraud we have to worry about is some criminal zealot who has access and wants to "delete" those who are not political psycho-phants that walk lockstep with them. I think those criminals who purge voter lists for political gain and profit are a much greater danger than a few of the less than traditionally housed, and the ONLY people hell-bent on these purges are nutty neo-CON Republican nitwits, who really ought to be jailed and deleted from the process. Those are the real FELONS.

Personally, I have no problem with any of them. Ok, it *really* annoys me when I get carded for cigs - legal age is 18, I'm 39 freaking years old, and while I don't think I look 39, I'm well aware I don't look 18. But it's an annoyance I have to live with if I want to buy them, since it's the law.

Yep, all rights have stipulations, and most require proof with ID, no matter how annoying it is. To say one right should have no stipulations, especially one that effects how the government is run, is like saying we should have no laws. Most states require a mailing address for ID's, and now they have a good reason beyond just because it's the law.

The only legal stipulations are those listed in the US Constitution, and if you will note, they are about INCLUSION, not exclusion as you elitists would have it.

The only legal stipulations are those listed in the US Constitution, and if you will note, they are about INCLUSION, not exclusion as you elitists would have it.

Well, unfortunately, PEOPLE fuck things up for others. What happens when you cheat? Changes need to be implemented.

Sometimes you have to change with the times.

Isn't it great that both the US and State Constitutions are so difficult to adjust and fiddle around with, so that it takes considerable effort and THOUGHT, rather than spur of the moment whim, to change them.

I guess it would be fine for Republicans to register hundreds of homeless and bus them all to Florida to vote.

So long as they wait their turn in line behind all the dead people.

Do people with more than one personality get multiple votes by default?

Well, unfortunately, PEOPLE fuck things up for others. What happens when you cheat? Changes need to be implemented.
The last big cheats were that 2000 Florida thing, and and then in 2004, something in Ohio, both relating to REPUBLICANS disenfranchising others.

Your obsession with cheating sounds like a personal issue.

Won't be long though, what with the housing and banking thing, that there will be many more homeless, and watch out for them then, they may say BOO and decide YOU shouldn't be voting, since you aren't a majority, LOL.....

I guess it would be fine for Republicans to register hundreds of homeless and bus them all to Florida to vote.

Considering that in our state they once used about a hundred dead people to pad their ballot here, until they required an ID it was hard for them to check it. Got away with it for a long time. So the ID protects the system more than hurts the system.

Oh, and for those who are saying the current system of requiring ID's hurts the homeless, get a life, I was homeless for several years (long and boring story) and I was registered, not sleeping on a friends couch either, in an actual shelter. If there is a will there is a way.

Last edited:
The last big cheats were that 2000 Florida thing, and and then in 2004, something in Ohio, both relating to REPUBLICANS disenfranchising others.

Your obsession with cheating sounds like a personal issue.

Won't be long though, what with the housing and banking thing, that there will be many more homeless, and watch out for them then, they may say BOO and decide YOU shouldn't be voting, since you aren't a majority, LOL.....

I suppose next you'll demand that people that don't have cars be taxi'd to the polls for free, because it's too cold to hop a bus, and they shouldn't have to pay (what the hell IS bus fare? we don't even have busses here) to vote?

I suppose next you'll demand that people that don't have cars be taxi'd to the polls for free, because it's too cold to hop a bus, and they shouldn't have to pay (what the hell IS bus fare? we don't even have busses here) to vote?

Hey! I don't drive, I would LOVE a free bus ticket! Make everyone else pay for it with their taxes, YAY!

1. Drinking
2. Smoking
3. Bank Accounts
4. Driving

The attitude that some citizens do not deserve to vote because of their economic status is a very dangerous one, IMO. It's a step towards creating a second class of citizen. That seems to me totally contrary to the ideals of American democracy.

Forum List

Back