Homeschooling surges as parents realize how worthless public schools are

Bullshit. Even in private school there is indoctrination. ......

You know what goes on in every public and private school in the country? How long have you been a professional teacher?

He is not a professional anything except an idiot on the topic of education!

And yet it is your profession that passed out a high schooler with a .13 GPA....DOH!

Once again, fucktard, teachers don't make those decisions. Local school board do, you brainless fuck!

They don't? Who is responsible then, for a whole class of students who perform that badly?

Which "whole class" are you talking about?

There is a class of high schoolers in Baltimore, I assume you know where that is? Where the whole class had a GPA under 1. Look up the story. If you care about education you will be astonished.

Bing has a lot of links over it, I am sure Master Education boy will come along and scream some more insults at us because he is sooo smart!

That is a filthy, vile, offensive lie. What the fuck have YOU ever done for the education of other people's kids, you son of a bitch?
What have I done?....well I own three homes in two states and three different school systems and my property tax goes to pay salaries of know nothings like you that are teaching our kids that America is racist and sucks....and if you can prove that teacher unions care about the students than give it a try...don't just lambast me for telling the truth...
So, you pay taxes? What a hero.
Property tax goes directly into the public school system just in case you didn't know....And we can all celebrate!!! San Diego Teachers are going back to work and in person teaching...at the border!!! I guess they want to begin indoctrination of the illegal aliens as soon as possible.....there is an election to steal in less than two years.....

Bullshit. Even in private school there is indoctrination. ......

You know what goes on in every public and private school in the country? How long have you been a professional teacher?

He is not a professional anything except an idiot on the topic of education!

And yet it is your profession that passed out a high schooler with a .13 GPA....DOH!

Once again, fucktard, teachers don't make those decisions. Local school board do, you brainless fuck!

They don't? Who is responsible then, for a whole class of students who perform that badly?

Which "whole class" are you talking about?

There is a class of high schoolers in Baltimore, I assume you know where that is? Where the whole class had a GPA under 1. Look up the story. If you care about education you will be astonished.

And that class represents every student in every class in every school in the entire country?

Millions of parents are getting a taste of Home Schooling as their local schools are closed due to COVID

It ain’t as easy as it sounds.
They can’t wait for their local school to open

Millions of parents are getting a taste of Home Schooling as their local schools are closed due to COVID

It is true it isn't for every parent, I myself considered it but decided I wouldn't do it well enough to make the change. However I moved of my daughter out of traditional schooling to a different school that she does much better in, it is still part of the school district she is in.

There are some truly great teachers, but the Unions are great at getting rid of them because they expose the rest for what they are.

Schools with unions perform better than those without.
You get what you pay for

.13 GPA. How many thousands of dollars per year went into creating that.

Moron.

States that have more unionization, such as Massachusetts, New York and Maryland, tend to perform better than those with less union participation, such as Mississippi and Louisiana, Weingarten told the Daily Beast.

You get what you pay for
What else is different between those states?

Which is irrelevant in the context that many other parents are finding out how well Home Schooling works for their kids.

It is true it isn't for every parent, I myself considered it but decided I wouldn't do it well enough to make the change. However I moved of my daughter out of traditional schooling to a different school that she does much better in, it is still part of the school district she is in.
Having options is great. There are some who opine on this board that would seek to eliminate as many options as possible, forcing every student into the failing government school model.

I wonder if some of the folks posting on this thread remember that education to a certain age is obligatory in all states.

I wonder if some folks posting on this thread are aware of the circumstances many of these students are living under.

I wonder if some folks posting on this thread have set foot inside a school in decades.

FREE BABYSITTING (and brainwashing)----------not to be confused with FREE EDUCATION

Room temperature, eh?

The public education is a warmed-over wasteland of rank mediocrity and conformity, and the majority of its teachers are meddling parasites.

That's odd. That how most people see you!

But enough about you and the other slogan spouters on this board. . . .

The only real fix for the education system would be the competition of universal school choice driven my parental consent and authority. Like any other collectivist institution sans competition, the system is rife with corruption and incompetence.

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
And another butt hurt from the "conservatives"

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Who has done that?
Jesus Christ.
Be ignorant elsewhere.
Go ahead and answer the question now.
Be ignorant elsewhere.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Like watching a cat with a laser pen.

Who demanded schools close so everyone has to homeschool?
I believe schools closed under Trump.

We want the schools open. When it is safe to do so.
You want the schools closed. Permanently.
That's the intent of this thread.

Where did your strawman go to school?
Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

???????

Who has done that?
Jesus Christ.
Be ignorant elsewhere.
Go ahead and answer the question now.
Be ignorant elsewhere.
You don't have to be afraid. You can answer the question.

???????

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

Who has demanded that schools close permanently? That was your claim.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

The union operatives who sit in public school classrooms (or used to, anyways) call themselves "educators", not teachers. They don't teach anything. You're a product of that system.
Yes, we are talking about certified, qualified professionals vs any idiot who can teach the Bible

That's not true. My oldest Daughter home-schooled both her sons (My Grandsons) Neither one of them ever spent
one minute in a Public School. Each of them graduated Summa um Laude from the University of Kentucky. The oldest with
a major in Chemistry and minor in mathematics. The youngest with a degree in Computer Science and a minor in
Mathematics. The youngest went right to work. The oldest will graduate law school in May.

When he was accepted to law school, he was one of 300 granted admission. He was the only one that did not
major in Pre-Law. Yet he will graduate on time and with honors.

If the parents do the job...Home-schoopling can be vry rewarding. They don't have to kiss the ass of the black
students that don't want to learn and are disruptive. They just set the expectations for their children and ensure
that their chilkdren meet the expectations.
University of Kentucky Is a public university. You do realize that, don’t you?

Yes, Asswipe...I understans that. You can't home school college. They never spent one minute in a public school before
college.
You could have sent your children to a private university. You did not. You do realize that there are “conservative” posters on this very board who mock any public education even at the university level.

My oldest Grandson did begin his Master's work at Northwestern. He was given a scholarship, to study, do medical
research with 3 different Profs and had to teach 3 undergraduate chemistry classes. He was paid 35 grand, but he only stayed
a year. He thought the Profs were miserable people, the student body was nuts and he had no use for any of that. Thus he
returned to UK and went to Law School. They can't get too liberal at UK. Not unless they want to live 24/7 on campus.
Everything south of the UK campus is not what you would consider prime liberal country.

???????

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

Who has demanded that schools close permanently? That was your claim.
I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic. You are excused.

Forum List

Back