Homeschooling surges as parents realize how worthless public schools are

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
And another butt hurt from the "conservatives"

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Like watching a cat with a laser pen.

Who demanded schools close so everyone has to homeschool?
I believe schools closed under Trump.

We want the schools open. When it is safe to do so.
You want the schools closed. Permanently.
That's the intent of this thread.

Where did your strawman go to school?
Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

Who has demanded that schools close permanently? That was your claim.
I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic. You are excused.
Then you're in luck, because I have much, much more knowledge of the topic than you. Unlike you, I'm not afraid of simple questions, so if you want to learn something just ask.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.

Home schooling has gone up because people are worried about sending kids in the petri dish that schools are now so that you can get your morning order of 6 mcmuffins, 4 hash browns, 8 cinnamon rolls. and. of course, a diet coke.
???????
Faux Butt-hurt Trumpinistas are looking for another faux issue to show their faux rage.

On the one hand they demand schools reopen and on the other they demand schools close down so everyone can "home school."

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic.
Is this your pattern? One pointless, idiotic post then you run away for a week?

Bullshit. Even in private school there is indoctrination. ......

You know what goes on in every public and private school in the country? How long have you been a professional teacher?

He is not a professional anything except an idiot on the topic of education!

And yet it is your profession that passed out a high schooler with a .13 GPA....DOH!

Once again, fucktard, teachers don't make those decisions. Local school board do, you brainless fuck!

They don't? Who is responsible then, for a whole class of students who perform that badly?

The teachers bear no responsibility for that. Is that what you are saying?

Most likely the students. I taught at inner city middle school that had one or two students passing per class. These same students were failing math, language arts and science. Years later, I was teaching a high school honor class and had not a single student even come close to failing. It obviously is the teacher's fault, right?

You know what goes on in every public and private school in the country? How long have you been a professional teacher?

And yet it is your profession that passed out a high schooler with a .13 GPA....DOH!

Once again, fucktard, teachers don't make those decisions. Local school board do, you brainless fuck!

They don't? Who is responsible then, for a whole class of students who perform that badly?

Which "whole class" are you talking about?

There is a class of high schoolers in Baltimore, I assume you know where that is? Where the whole class had a GPA under 1. Look up the story. If you care about education you will be astonished.

Bing has a lot of links over it, I am sure Master Education boy will come along and scream some more insults at us because he is sooo smart!

Do you even have a clue as to who you are responding to?

Room temperature, eh?

The public education is a warmed-over wasteland of rank mediocrity and conformity, and the majority of its teachers are meddling parasites.

That's odd. That how most people see you!

But enough about you and the other slogan spouters on this board. . . .

The only real fix for the education system would be the competition of universal school choice driven my parental consent and authority. Like any other collectivist institution sans competition, the system is rife with corruption and incompetence.

You obviously know this from your many years experience as a public school teacher. Correct?

There are some truly great teachers, but the Unions are great at getting rid of them because they expose the rest for what they are.

Schools with unions perform better than those without.
You get what you pay for
Depends on the measurement.

For example... ITED's used to be a pretty big thing, even for other states. That's Iowa Test of Educational Development... Essentially all students took the same test, and then they were measured and given a percental based on how other students did on the test in your age group. WHOA! That sounds like standardized tests there Zin, and I've read your posts in the past you hypocrite! Nono... See it's not a pass/fail. The only thing this test did was measure you against your peers that also took the test. Having a 99% in one category just means you answered more questions correctly than 99% of the people who took the test.

Now... There were A LOT of schools who's graduating GPA was great... That performed very poorly when tested against their peers... Because they didn't' challenge their students. An "A" grade in a class in one school, may very well not make the grade of "B" in another, or possibly even lower.

Meaning a lot of schools with higher GPA's, scored horribly when comparied to students in other schools with lower GPA's... Which essentially told the story that the school was giving out good grades, but the skills they were supposed to be learning was below those other schools. Thus... The schools were just padding numbers at the expense of actually teaching kids how to learn, and instead training them to memorize for tests.

And besides... If you got what you pay for when it comes to education... There would be no need bail out student loans.

Last edited:
You obviously know this from your many years experience as a public school teacher. Correct?

I don't have to be a school teacher to know what liberty is, to know that the prevailing system constitutes a rank violation of natural and constitutional law, or to know what's best for my children.

???????

Who?
Reagan? Limbaugh?

I'm sorry. Interaction requires a minimum knowledge of the topic. You are excused.

You were asked a direct question and you dodged it like a little bitch. Pathetic.

I don't have to be a school teacher to know what liberty is, to know that the prevailing system constitutes a rank violation of natural and constitutional law, or to know what's best for my children.

How do you know what the "prevailing system" is?

Maybe it's time to change the way people vote, so they actually have real choice, and proper issues come to fore, and there's proper oversight of politicians.

Then you might have schools that are actually worth something, a country that actually functions.

Which "whole class" are you talking about?

There is a class of high schoolers in Baltimore, I assume you know where that is? Where the whole class had a GPA under 1. Look up the story. If you care about education you will be astonished.

Bing has a lot of links over it, I am sure Master Education boy will come along and scream some more insults at us because he is sooo smart!

Do you even have a clue as to who you are responding to?

Yes I am responding to a man who has a Master of Bullshit degree.

I see that you are going to ignore the BING links because it doesn't help you at all, which is understandable when your insufferable pride can't handle criticism. I have told the truth about the schools in my area, told the truth about my Daughter, your responses are insults and dead replies. :fu:

You are one unpleasant jack ass.

Cheers Mr. Snob :fu:

How do you know what the "prevailing system" is?

Prevailing = existing, current.
That's just super. It wasn't a vocabulary question.

There are some truly great teachers, but the Unions are great at getting rid of them because they expose the rest for what they are.

Schools with unions perform better than those without.
You get what you pay for
Depends on the measurement.

For example... ITED's used to be a pretty big thing, even for other states. That's Iowa Test of Educational Development... Essentially all students took the same test, and then they were measured and given a percental based on how other students did on the test in your age group. WHOA! That sounds like standardized tests there Zin, and I've read your posts in the past you hypocrite! Nono... See it's not a pass/fail. The only thing this test did was measure you against your peers that also took the test. Having a 99% in one category just means you answered more questions correctly than 99% of the people who took the test.

Now... There were A LOT of schools who's graduating GPA was great... That performed very poorly when tested against their peers... Because they didn't' challenge their students. An "A" grade in a class in one school, may very well not make the grade of "B" in another, or possibly even lower.

Meaning a lot of schools with higher GPA's, scored horribly when comparied to students in other schools with lower GPA's... Which essentially told the story that the school was giving out good grades, but the skills they were supposed to be learning was below those other schools. Thus... The schools were just padding numbers at the expense of actually teaching kids how to learn, and instead training them to memorize for tests.

And besides... If you got what you pay for when it comes to education... There would be no need bail out student loans.
Schools with unionized teachers routinely outperform non-union schools regardless of the measure.
Unions not only protect teachers, but teaching conditions

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

The union operatives who sit in public school classrooms (or used to, anyways) call themselves "educators", not teachers. They don't teach anything. You're a product of that system.

One can tell from his spelling and grammar

What are the qualifications for a Home Skool Teecher?

It depends on the state, just like public schools. In your backwards, redneck of the woods, I wouldn't know. In the world where we eat with utensils and don't fuck our sisters, homeschooling parents are held to high standards. Clearly, you need some more education on it, Cletus. In the meantime, go fuck your redneck self.
What degrees are they expected to hold to Homeskool?

You know that public school teachers are not required to hold degrees in their chosen subjects? They require only a teaching certificate.

Millions of other parents protested to get in-person instruction renewed because they realize that, for most students and parents,, homeschooling sucks!

That's fine, but many parents have made arrangements since the CCP biological attack to either homeschool their kids, or enroll them in private schools, and found such educational arrangements superior to the public system, where political indoctrination, not knowledge, is the priority.

I'd wager you will not see many of them return to the system. There is no reason for them to do so.

Forum List

Back