Homeschooling surges as parents realize how worthless public schools are

Bullshit. Even in private school there is indoctrination. ......

You know what goes on in every public and private school in the country? How long have you been a professional teacher?

He is not a professional anything except an idiot on the topic of education!

And yet it is your profession that passed out a high schooler with a .13 GPA....DOH!

Once again, fucktard, teachers don't make those decisions. Local school board do, you brainless fuck!

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
Homeschooling has always been an option. If more are using it, so be it. Why are you whining?

Traditional schooling methods are long out of date, heck MY daughter is doing much better when I moved her to a school that uses the running class blocks of 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours long and have just 2-3 classes at a time and stay in the same room all day.

This is a prime example of the stupid running rampant in those who bash education. This has been done in some schools for years!

No it hasn't been in my region. It is a recent addition that is so popular the High School is overflowing, forced to allow lab room visits only for students needing to catch up, otherwise stay at home using the Online way.

Try not to be too sure of yourself next time, you don't know everything....., you are WRONG on this one, be more humble and stop being in attack mode all the time.

Why do you think I am wrong? I am a retired teacher with a Master's degree. I don't make shit up like you apparently do.

Ha ha ha you think school districts are identical everywhere, if YOU believe that bullshit then you have serious problems.

Now YOU show me were I am wrong....... Prove it!

:cool:

YOU are the one claiming they are all the same, shit for brains!

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

Most of the public school teachers I've encountered are fools.

That's called a mirror!

Nah. The vast majority of public school teachers are mediocrities.

So, if what you said is true, why aren't you one? You appear to have a room temperature range IQ.

Room temperature, eh?

The public education is a warmed-over wasteland of rank mediocrity and conformity, and the majority of its teachers are meddling parasites.

That's odd. That how most people see you!

So when teacher unions fight the school district for smaller class sizes, who are they doing that for?

Teachers Only
Students Only
Both Teachers and Students.

The real problem are school districts running on the old 5-7 separate classes that forces the kids to get up and go to the next classroom every 50 minutes. Better schools have been backing away from that outdated model to one where kids just stay there in the class room and do 3 separate classes for a month or two, then complete it with the big test and get new subjects.

My Daughter just completed a month course in Music now completed, she just got History class that takes its place.

Currently she has the following,

History 1 1/2 hours/day
PE class 1 1/2/day
PE Exercise 1 1/2/day

Minimum of 7 hours/week per class
This "old" system has worked for decades. You overlook the fact that it is tailored to the INDIVIDUAL Student, not the group. Plus the so-called "new" system does not allow for electives.

The "old" system is why America are falling behind many countries educational results..., America once the best now it well below the top....

So true. I still have my 1927 LA Unified School District high school chemistry textbook. It is better than any college textbook today.

That is sad.

1927 eh? No wonder you are senile! You make Joe Biden look like a damn genius.

There are some truly great teachers, but the Unions are great at getting rid of them because they expose the rest for what they are.

Schools with unions perform better than those without.
You get what you pay for

There are some truly great teachers, but the Unions are great at getting rid of them because they expose the rest for what they are.

You get what you pay for

.13 GPA. How many thousands of dollars per year went into creating that.

Moron.

You know what goes on in every public and private school in the country? How long have you been a professional teacher?

And yet it is your profession that passed out a high schooler with a .13 GPA....DOH!

Once again, fucktard, teachers don't make those decisions. Local school board do, you brainless fuck!

They don't? Who is responsible then, for a whole class of students who perform that badly?

The teachers bear no responsibility for that. Is that what you are saying?

So when teacher unions fight the school district for smaller class sizes, who are they doing that for?

Teachers Only
Students Only

The real problem are school districts running on the old 5-7 separate classes that forces the kids to get up and go to the next classroom every 50 minutes. Better schools have been backing away from that outdated model to one where kids just stay there in the class room and do 3 separate classes for a month or two, then complete it with the big test and get new subjects.

My Daughter just completed a month course in Music now completed, she just got History class that takes its place.

History 1 1/2 hours/day
PE class 1 1/2/day
PE Exercise 1 1/2/day

This "old" system has worked for decades. You overlook the fact that it is tailored to the INDIVIDUAL Student, not the group. Plus the so-called "new" system does not allow for electives.

The "old" system is why America are falling behind many countries educational results..., America once the best now it well below the top....

So true. I still have my 1927 LA Unified School District high school chemistry textbook. It is better than any college textbook today.

That is sad.

Interesting. Instead of discussing how a whole school of teachers can produce an entire class of morons, you resort to petty insults.

If you are an example of what sort of teachers are out there then no wonder these kids can't do anything.

They don't? Who is responsible then, for a whole class of students who perform that badly?

Which "whole class" are you talking about?

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!
Yeah, yeah, you say that in virtually every thread that mentions home schooling, yet the data shows home schooled kids perform as well as or better than their government schooled peers. For most people, that would be enough to prevent such outbursts, but here we are.

Yeah, the HSLD does a good job of snowing people on this idea so they can make money!
Have you evidence to the contrary?

You get what you pay for

Moron.

States that have more unionization, such as Massachusetts, New York and Maryland, tend to perform better than those with less union participation, such as Mississippi and Louisiana, Weingarten told the Daily Beast.

You get what you pay for

Yeah, I'll get right on any "data" you might have,
No you won't. You will reject any new information that does not align perfectly with your cultism. That's what cultism is, after all.

But it is very telling that you think people are "conceited" by virtue of knowing facts. It says a LOT about you.

Well, we'll never know, because you've never in your life provided actual data or information.

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
Homeschooling has always been an option. If more are using it, so be it. Why are you whining?

Traditional schooling methods are long out of date, heck MY daughter is doing much better when I moved her to a school that uses the running class blocks of 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours long and have just 2-3 classes at a time and stay in the same room all day.

This is a prime example of the stupid running rampant in those who bash education. This has been done in some schools for years!

No it hasn't been in my region. It is a recent addition that is so popular the High School is overflowing, forced to allow lab room visits only for students needing to catch up, otherwise stay at home using the Online way.

Try not to be too sure of yourself next time, you don't know everything....., you are WRONG on this one, be more humble and stop being in attack mode all the time.

Why do you think I am wrong? I am a retired teacher with a Master's degree. I don't make shit up like you apparently do.

Ha ha ha you think school districts are identical everywhere, if YOU believe that bullshit then you have serious problems.

Now YOU show me were I am wrong....... Prove it!

:cool:

YOU are the one claiming they are all the same, shit for brains!

Now you are just lying here since I stated the very opposite, made that clear when I told you I took my daughter from the standard school to a school that is still part of the school district do their class work very differently.

Your insult and evidence/fact free replies expose what a jerk you are.

:rolleyes:

The very last thing the public school teachers unions care about are your kids...they are last on their list...they don't give a fuck about your kids or you....and never have.....
Maye they don't care about YOUR kids and wish they would go away. But my kids' teachers are generally excellent and care very much.

So you don't have the reading comprehension to tell the difference between the word "teachers" and the phrase "teachers' unions". Yeah, whatever education you allegedly had was a HUGE success.

Teachers Only
Students Only

History 1 1/2 hours/day
PE class 1 1/2/day
PE Exercise 1 1/2/day

That is sad.

When you post the way you do here, it becomes evident that you are a bitter old man with quick insults and no argumentation to offer.

That vaccine make you become a jerk or what?

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

Nah, you need help wiping your own ass. However, when a student passes in the middle of their class with a .13 GPA, then guess what, the "teachers" can't teach.
I bet you are that special kind of "person" that blamed the dentist for all your cavities tho you never brushed your teeth. Ugh.
well then, I guess you blame your Cleansers for your clothes that seem to get tight on you every week.

And your shampoo for your hair getting thin.

See?

I can do that too. Wow. I am special! Just like you!
Special.....well, yes. I can see that.

That is a filthy, vile, offensive lie. What the fuck have YOU ever done for the education of other people's kids, you son of a bitch?
What have I done?....well I own three homes in two states and three different school systems and my property tax goes to pay salaries of know nothings like you that are teaching our kids that America is racist and sucks....and if you can prove that teacher unions care about the students than give it a try...don't just lambast me for telling the truth...
So, you pay taxes? What a hero.
Property tax goes directly into the public school system just in case you didn't know....And we can all celebrate!!! San Diego Teachers are going back to work and in person teaching...at the border!!! I guess they want to begin indoctrination of the illegal aliens as soon as possible.....there is an election to steal in less than two years.....

Which "whole class" are you talking about?

There is a class of high schoolers in Baltimore, I assume you know where that is? Where the whole class had a GPA under 1. Look up the story. If you care about education you will be astonished.

You get what you pay for

Moron.

States that have more unionization, such as Massachusetts, New York and Maryland, tend to perform better than those with less union participation, such as Mississippi and Louisiana, Weingarten told the Daily Beast.

You get what you pay for

.13 GPA is what you paid for.

Forum List

Back