Homeschooling surges as parents realize how worthless public schools are

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!
Like it takes a fucking genius to teach a kid how to read write and do basic math
What do you do if your child just doesn’t understand the teaching methods you are trying to use?

Then try another one.

Parents aren't as stupid as you think they are.

I always favored the Socratic Method in tandem with a drilling of proven fact.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

The union operatives who sit in public school classrooms (or used to, anyways) call themselves "educators", not teachers. They don't teach anything. You're a product of that system.
Yes, we are talking about certified, qualified professionals vs any idiot who can teach the Bible
Biden wants these teachers to teach white kids to hate themselves.
No way would I send my kids to school under those circumstances.
Link where Biden said that

Biden doesn't have to "say" it. CRT is being implemented in schools nationwide.

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
Homeschooling has always been an option. If more are using it, so be it. Why are you whining?

I'm not whining at all, I think it's great that more people are understanding just how worthless our public schools have become since they were taken over by folks like you.
And when was that?

Over the course of the 1960s - early 1970s.

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
A degree from Trump U. does not qualify you to attempt to educate kids. You would have to assume, giving their stupidity in supporting Scumpty, that over 95% of the Trump Cult parents are far, far from qualified to try and educate anybody, must less their children! Bigly!!!

Your TDS is at critical stage

I know the truth hurts, but if you're incapable of discerning truth from lies, there's really no hope for you. Imagine YOU imparting your ignorance and lack of critical thinking skills, imp
Laughter isn't a response Marvin. You use a "questionable source" for your link, and you have no answer to my questions. If everyone is moving to home schooling, then why is everyone demanding schools be re-opened?

• Overall, we rate Just the News Borderline Questionable and Right Biased based on story selection that mostly favors a conservative perspective. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks over a short period of time.

Dunces like ole Marvin here rarely have any sensible response but to click on the laughter icon.

Shows you how weak and idiotic their rhetoric really is.
No, it's a reaction to how ridiculous you guys are.

LOL

Still no response to the question, if everyone wants to home school, why are parents throughout the country howling about getting schools reopened? I've watched parents try to home school their kids, and elearning is even worse.

You people are claiming that teenagers are committing suicide, and that public schoolers are "falling behind", although if schools all over the world are closed, who exactly are the kids falling behind?

Your message is all over the map. One minute the schools must open because the children's lives are being destroyed keeping them closed, and now you say public schools aren't necessary because parents are all wanting to homeschool. If one thing is true, then the other can't possible be true. You truly cannot suck and blow at the same time, although you conservatives keep trying.
Is it any mystery why morons raising morons don't respect education? My kids both go to public school. My oldest graduates this year and has been accepted to one of the country's elite business schools. He will start college as a sophomore. He has tested out of the first semester or entire first level of every physical science, French, and english composition. He will be tutoring the home-schooled nosepickers on campus for spending money.

Yeah sure

This is the extent of your response????? You solid defense of home schooling???

What you're doing is proving our points in spades. You have no critical thinking skills. You can't even formulate a decent argument. What passes for "political discussion" in your world, is name calling and lying about the opposition.

When I dismantled your right wing talking point saying that a 7% capital gains tax would crash the stock market, proving that even with a 7% CGT, you'd be thousands of dollars ahead with Democrats in office than with Republicans running the economy and no CGT, you responded by calling me names.

You have yet to answer the question as to why it is so critical to the economy to re-open schools. If home schooling is so much better for children, why are mental health professionals not touting the benefits of keeping kids at home? Why are they saying that keeping schools closed is harming children, if public schools are little more than "indoctrination centres".

Suddenly the entire future of this generation of children is being tied to whether or not public schools are re-opened, and you're joining in the clamour, like the good little lemming you are, even though you don't send your own kids to a public school.

One would think you'd be busy offering up ideas and suggestions to parents to keep their kids at home, but no, you just continue to parrot whatever talking point the Trumpkins are pushing today. So much for the quality of home schooling.

I want my kids to be able to think for themselves. You clearly don't, because you're not capable of doing it either. If you could think for yourself, you could defend your positions, instead of resorting to insults and smears. You could write a post that isn't a talking point.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

Most of the public school teachers I've encountered are fools.
How many have you encountered?

I'm married to one who broke from the system.
That doesn’t answer my question.

How many more do I need? :auiqs.jpg:

How long since your husband actually worked in a public school? Was it in a Red State or a Blue State?

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

It sounds like you are insulting your spouse, and I have absolutely no interest in that.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

How long since your husband actually worked in a public school? Was it in a Red State or a Blue State?

Um ... I'm the husband. Are your reading skills dulled?

It was a red state at the time, but the schools had been infected with Pre-Woke Syndrome.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

It sounds like you are insulting your spouse, and I have absolutely no interest in that.

Non sequitur.

the public system, where political indoctrination, not knowledge, is the priority.

False premise.

Hardly, judging by the results.

Most recently, would you not consider the inclusion of The 1619 Project and Critical Race Theory in many districts nationwide to be political indoctrination?
Which districts?

A three second search. There is more should you be so motivated.

Fairfax Schools Indoctrinating Children In "Critical Race Theory"

There are some truly great teachers, but the Unions are great at getting rid of them because they expose the rest for what they are.

Schools with unions perform better than those without.
You get what you pay for
Depends on the measurement.

For example... ITED's used to be a pretty big thing, even for other states. That's Iowa Test of Educational Development... Essentially all students took the same test, and then they were measured and given a percental based on how other students did on the test in your age group. WHOA! That sounds like standardized tests there Zin, and I've read your posts in the past you hypocrite! Nono... See it's not a pass/fail. The only thing this test did was measure you against your peers that also took the test. Having a 99% in one category just means you answered more questions correctly than 99% of the people who took the test.

Now... There were A LOT of schools who's graduating GPA was great... That performed very poorly when tested against their peers... Because they didn't' challenge their students. An "A" grade in a class in one school, may very well not make the grade of "B" in another, or possibly even lower.

Meaning a lot of schools with higher GPA's, scored horribly when comparied to students in other schools with lower GPA's... Which essentially told the story that the school was giving out good grades, but the skills they were supposed to be learning was below those other schools. Thus... The schools were just padding numbers at the expense of actually teaching kids how to learn, and instead training them to memorize for tests.

And besides... If you got what you pay for when it comes to education... There would be no need bail out student loans.
Schools with unionized teachers routinely outperform non-union schools regardless of the measure.
Unions not only protect teachers, but teaching conditions

.13 GPA says you are lying.

the public system, where political indoctrination, not knowledge, is the priority.

False premise.

Hardly, judging by the results.

Most recently, would you not consider the inclusion of The 1619 Project and Critical Race Theory in many districts nationwide to be political indoctrination?
Which districts?

A three second search. There is more should you be so motivated.

Fairfax Schools Indoctrinating Children In "Critical Race Theory"
So, just one?

There are some truly great teachers, but the Unions are great at getting rid of them because they expose the rest for what they are.

Schools with unions perform better than those without.
You get what you pay for
Depends on the measurement.

For example... ITED's used to be a pretty big thing, even for other states. That's Iowa Test of Educational Development... Essentially all students took the same test, and then they were measured and given a percental based on how other students did on the test in your age group. WHOA! That sounds like standardized tests there Zin, and I've read your posts in the past you hypocrite! Nono... See it's not a pass/fail. The only thing this test did was measure you against your peers that also took the test. Having a 99% in one category just means you answered more questions correctly than 99% of the people who took the test.

Now... There were A LOT of schools who's graduating GPA was great... That performed very poorly when tested against their peers... Because they didn't' challenge their students. An "A" grade in a class in one school, may very well not make the grade of "B" in another, or possibly even lower.

Meaning a lot of schools with higher GPA's, scored horribly when comparied to students in other schools with lower GPA's... Which essentially told the story that the school was giving out good grades, but the skills they were supposed to be learning was below those other schools. Thus... The schools were just padding numbers at the expense of actually teaching kids how to learn, and instead training them to memorize for tests.

And besides... If you got what you pay for when it comes to education... There would be no need bail out student loans.
Schools with unionized teachers routinely outperform non-union schools regardless of the measure.
Unions not only protect teachers, but teaching conditions

.13 GPA says you are lying.

Are you that stupid to claim that non union teachers would do better in that Baltimore School system with the same demographics?

Damn,Boi
Are you ever an asshole

Forum List

Back