Homosexual boy scout is mad because he won't be given eagle badge

He probably couldn't believe that leaders he'd known for so long could be such dickheads.

Irelevent what his leaders thought or did, HE took an oath that he did not follow or live by. An oath he took on hundreds of occassions over the years who knows how many times with NO intention of living by it. You homos make me laugh. You're such immoral human beings by choice and by nature that an oath has no meaning to you people if it interferes with your own personal perversions. Well let me clue you in on the definition of oath Mary. Oath-1. A solemn promise, often invoking a divine witness, regarding one's future action or behavior. The guy is a sodomite and a liar, either is sufficient to deny him the honor of Eagle Scout. If you feel icky that the Scouts didn't give him the honor becuase he's a sodomite, maybe you'll feel better knowing he was also unqualified for getting the honor because he was a dishonorable liar with zero integrity. The guy made a choice to "come out", now he whines and cries like the momma's boy he is when faced with the consequences of that choice he made. The fact that he won't get an Eagle Scout Badge is far, far less improtant than the fact that his behavior and actions are leading him to hell.

It's fine that you think he's going to Hell for his actions, but if you're basing those beliefs off of God's laws as set forth in Leviticus then he will have a lot of company. I hope you follow all of the laws as well: "Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material", "And the pig...does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you", etc. Deuteronomy 17:2-7 indicates that Christians should kill those who worship another God. So if you abide by all of the other laws put forth then so be it otherwise I believe that based on scripture it could be asked: "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?". Also, "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged"

Actually I base it on the Lord's teachings found from Gen. (which predates the law of Moses and shows some 400yrs between just the destruction of Sodom to Moses even getting the laws you quote, not to mention the many other condemnations against sexual immorality of all manner going back before the destruction of Sodom, therefore BEFORE the Law being given to Moses) to Rev. As for me following all the law, why would I do that? I am not an Israelite and the Law was given, by God, through Moses, to the People of Israel and those who dwelt in Israel. You, like many heathens lack any understanding of God's word yet feel the irresistable urge to bloviate on it for some reason. You quote Deut and then say something stupid like it "indicates Christians shouls kill those who worship another god". Here's a hint for you bubba, there was no such thing as a Christian back then, and the book of Deuteronomy tells us who specifcally it is being addressed to right in it's text, the people of Israel, the Jews. Same with the Laws in Leviticus, "Now the Lord called to Moses, and spoke to him from the tabernacle of meeting, saying, “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them": Maybe a serious study of the scriptures would be in your best interest if you wish to try and use them to make a point. You don't have to be under the law and follow the penalties written out in that law, to recognize sin as being sin, to recognize immorality as immorality. The bible says the Christian is not under the law but under Grace, it also says sin is STILL sin and unrepentent sin will still land you in hell.

Irelevent what his leaders thought or did, HE took an oath that he did not follow or live by. An oath he took on hundreds of occassions over the years who knows how many times with NO intention of living by it. You homos make me laugh. You're such immoral human beings by choice and by nature that an oath has no meaning to you people if it interferes with your own personal perversions. Well let me clue you in on the definition of oath Mary. Oath-1. A solemn promise, often invoking a divine witness, regarding one's future action or behavior. The guy is a sodomite and a liar, either is sufficient to deny him the honor of Eagle Scout. If you feel icky that the Scouts didn't give him the honor becuase he's a sodomite, maybe you'll feel better knowing he was also unqualified for getting the honor because he was a dishonorable liar with zero integrity. The guy made a choice to "come out", now he whines and cries like the momma's boy he is when faced with the consequences of that choice he made. The fact that he won't get an Eagle Scout Badge is far, far less improtant than the fact that his behavior and actions are leading him to hell.

It's fine that you think he's going to Hell for his actions, but if you're basing those beliefs off of God's laws as set forth in Leviticus then he will have a lot of company. I hope you follow all of the laws as well: "Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material", "And the pig...does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you", etc. Deuteronomy 17:2-7 indicates that Christians should kill those who worship another God. So if you abide by all of the other laws put forth then so be it otherwise I believe that based on scripture it could be asked: "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?". Also, "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged"

Actually I base it on the Lord's teachings found from Gen. (which predates the law of Moses and shows some 400yrs between just the destruction of Sodom to Moses even getting the laws you quote, not to mention the many other condemnations against sexual immorality of all manner going back before the destruction of Sodom, therefore BEFORE the Law being given to Moses) to Rev. As for me following all the law, why would I do that? I am not an Israelite and the Law was given, by God, through Moses, to the People of Israel and those who dwelt in Israel. You, like many heathens lack any understanding of God's word yet feel the irresistable urge to bloviate on it for some reason. You quote Deut and then say something stupid like it "indicates Christians shouls kill those who worship another god". Here's a hint for you bubba, there was no such thing as a Christian back then, and the book of Deuteronomy tells us who specifcally it is being addressed to right in it's text, the people of Israel, the Jews. Same with the Laws in Leviticus, "Now the Lord called to Moses, and spoke to him from the tabernacle of meeting, saying, “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them": Maybe a serious study of the scriptures would be in your best interest if you wish to try and use them to make a point. You don't have to be under the law and follow the penalties written out in that law, to recognize sin as being sin, to recognize immorality as immorality. The bible says the Christian is not under the law but under Grace, it also says sin is STILL sin and unrepentent sin will still land you in hell.

Genesis is also part of the Old Testament. My point is you are quoting laws from the Old Testament and many of those laws are not followed nor do people suggest that they be followed. I understand that Christianity did not come around until Christ, however you are suggesting that Christians should follow the law (or whatever you would like to call it) of the Old Testament. I am not familiar with any reference at all to homosexuality in the New Testament. It's not consistent to pick and choose which parts of the Old Testament should be followed.

I also think that Christianity should be about a lot more than blithering on about condemning this, judging that, and decreeing that certain people are heathens. I think that God's word should be used to focus on leading the best life that you can and improving yourself (not chastising others).

Many just go along and say what the board wants to hear.

I respect his decision to stay honest. He remained true to the Scout Law even if it cost him his Eagle

Pay attention

The boyscout oath, recited at almost every meeting:

On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

What he suddenly, 2 days before he got his eagle scout badge decided he didn't believe in God?

The scout law:

A Scout is:

Trustworthy,
Loyal,
Helpful,
Friendly,
Courteous,
Kind,
Obedient,
Cheerful,
Thrifty,
Brave,
Clean,
and Reverent.

Well you can forget trustworthy, loyal, obedient and reverent. He violated all of those by reciting a pledge he didn't believe in and waiting until 2 days before he got his eagle scout badge to say anything about his being an atheist.

I'm thinking friendly is gone to because I believe this was his way of attacking the boyscouts and trying to get others to back him by claiming he was denied his badge due to being gay when it's obviously because he doesn't believe in God, something you are required to do to be a scout from the very beginning.

When it comes to the Scout Law, the BSA acts alot like organized religions do in objecting to homosexuality as a sin. Namely, they pick out homosexuality but ignore eating shellfish The BSA somehow lumps homosexuality as a violation of the "Scout is Clean" law.

I have yet to see a scout denied an Eagle for violation of "A Scout is Thrifty" or "A Scout is Cheerful"

That boy has more respect of the Scout Law than the national organization does

I'm sure they would if the scout went into the meeting yelling and screaming and throwing his money around.

Wow, I didn't realize Honest wasn't on that list.

trustworthy [ˈtrʌstˌwɜːðɪ]
adj
worthy of being trusted; honest, reliable, or dependable
trustworthily adv
trustworthiness n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

you're welcome
:lol: I'd say he was honest if he didn't hide his sexual orientation from the scout leaders. According to what I've read he didn't hide it.

Nope, but he apparently hid the fact that he didn't believe in God for YEARS. That's hardly "honest".

He probably couldn't believe that leaders he'd known for so long could be such dickheads.

It's fine that you think he's going to Hell for his actions, but if you're basing those beliefs off of God's laws as set forth in Leviticus then he will have a lot of company. I hope you follow all of the laws as well: "Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material", "And the pig...does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you", etc. Deuteronomy 17:2-7 indicates that Christians should kill those who worship another God. So if you abide by all of the other laws put forth then so be it otherwise I believe that based on scripture it could be asked: "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?". Also, "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged". Christianity is about love, not hate. There are a lot of crazy laws in the Old Testament (different time and circumstances). I believe Jesus Christ and the New Testament is the final word for Christianity.

Re read the article, he wasn't denied his eagle scout badge because of his homosexuality but because he didn't believe in "duty to God" which in in the boy scout oath and always has been. It doesn't matter which God he believes in, as long as he believes in God and promises to do his duty to God and his country, in that order.

I also think that Christianity should be about a lot more than blithering on about condemning this, judging that, and decreeing that certain people are heathens. I think that God's word should be used to focus on leading the best life that you can and improving yourself (not chastising others).

I think that if you spend years swearing an oath to do your duty to God and country, that you shouldn't change your mind 2 days before you get your eagle scout badge and say you suddenly don't believe in God.

It's fine that you think he's going to Hell for his actions, but if you're basing those beliefs off of God's laws as set forth in Leviticus then he will have a lot of company. I hope you follow all of the laws as well: "Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material", "And the pig...does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you", etc. Deuteronomy 17:2-7 indicates that Christians should kill those who worship another God. So if you abide by all of the other laws put forth then so be it otherwise I believe that based on scripture it could be asked: "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?". Also, "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged". Christianity is about love, not hate. There are a lot of crazy laws in the Old Testament (different time and circumstances). I believe Jesus Christ and the New Testament is the final word for Christianity.

Re read the article, he wasn't denied his eagle scout badge because of his homosexuality but because he didn't believe in "duty to God" which in in the boy scout oath and always has been. It doesn't matter which God he believes in, as long as he believes in God and promises to do his duty to God and his country, in that order.

Google the name Ryan Andresen. That is the young man's name. ABC and NBC both refer to a statement released by a Boy Scout spokesman that says that he was denied the badge because he did not believe in the duty to God and because he does not meet Scouting's membership standard on sexual orientation. Why would a Boy Scout spokesman say that his sexual orientation was a factor if it wasn't? It would make no sense for them to just make that up and invite criticism. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to kick him out as it is their organization to do with as they see fit, but his sexual orientation was a factor just as Boy Scouts said.

Google the name Ryan Andresen. That is the young man's name. ABC and NBC both refer to a statement released by a Boy Scout spokesman that says that he was denied the badge because he did not believe in the duty to God and because he does not meet Scouting's membership standard on sexual orientation. Why would a Boy Scout spokesman say that his sexual orientation was a factor if it wasn't? It would make no sense for them to just make that up and invite criticism. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to kick him out as it is their organization to do with as they see fit, but his sexual orientation was a factor just as Boy Scouts said.

Number one reason then, and still something he swore to hundreds of times.

When did his disbelief in god start?

When did his disbelief in god start?

Apparently 2 days before he was to get his Eagle Scout Badge, anybody really believe that????

I'm too lazy to read all the posts on this thread, but it seems to me that this kid was more interested in publicity than his Eagle Scout Badge.

:lol: I'd say he was honest if he didn't hide his sexual orientation from the scout leaders. According to what I've read he didn't hide it.

Nope, but he apparently hid the fact that he didn't believe in God for YEARS. That's hardly "honest".

Right, he hid the fact that he was an atheist from birth onward.

:rolleyes:

He repeated the boy scout oath hundreds of times without complaint. Suddenly, 2 days before he gets his eagle scout award he has a problem with it?

He repeated the boy scout oath hundreds of times without complaint. Suddenly, 2 days before he gets his eagle scout award he has a problem with it?

Do you know when he realized he was gay?
Do you know when it dawned on him that god was just made up ?

I seriously doubt it dawned on him two days before he got his eagle scout award.

I seriously doubt it dawned on him two days before he got his eagle scout award.

He is a brave young man

More interested in telling the truth than taking the easy way out

I don't know...that's what the Boy Scouts say but since he didn't get his ceremony no one can answer the question. HE said he believes in God. Did he refuse to take his oath in advance?

Somehow I doubt it.

Forum List

Back