Honest debate: Libs...would the "AR15-pistol" w 10 Rd mag still be an "Assault Weapon"

They should be able to intelligently tell me if the AR-15 Pistol is still an "Assault Weapon"....though....in fairness...I bet most of them didn't even know such a gun existed. AR-15 Pistol??? It's not an oxymoron.
There are no assault weapons available to the general public, no matter how dangerous they mitght look. All semi auto's shoot only one round at a time.
What do you call a gun that can kill 49 and injure over 50 in minutes? Mass killing gun?

The gun Mateen used shoots no faster than any other semi auto. That said how many semi auto's and full auto's have you shot? Do you even know what semi auto means? If the gun he used is banned, then all rifles have to be banned, and if they are not available then shotguns will be used so they have to be banned as well, then the perfect design of the founding fathers is scrapped.

I own and have shot many guns. What do you call a gun that killed 49 and injured over 50 in minutes? Only mass killer need high capacity magazines. Stop arming them so well.
High capacity magazines are illegal, are you saying that it took him 50 minutes to shoot 49 people? Well dude for the record an assault weapon could shoot 100 people in one minute easy. That is the difference Son.

Don't you think it makes sense to set a reasonable limit to fire rate and ammo capacity? Isn't that just common sense?

What should fire rate be??? How about equal to a revolver? Is that fair?
Sure that's fair, that's the debate that should be had. Set up reasonable standards. Tighten the screws with what we can control in the legal market and then develop strategies to combat the OTHER problem which is the illegal market

So...what should the allowable rate of fire be?

So....what I'm seeing in a pretty fair debate here is the anti gun crowd says rate of fire and magazine capacity are what dictates assault weapon.

Well...an AR has the same rate of fire as an old revolver. 1 trigger pull = 1 shot. It doesn't shoot any faster than that. Full auto??? Rare and excessively expensive. Those aren't really in this debate.

So....its down to magazine capacity.

If I have a 15 round mag (standard police) as opposed to a 30....what difference does it make? I can change a mag in under 2 seconds on a good day. No more than 4 seconds ever.

So....all this legislation is to create a 4 second gap...at best...in the shooting???

Really?? Thats not gonna change shit. VA Tech killed 33 with a pistol and changed mags.

I truly think this is just symbolic. The AR15 symbolizes American gun rights better than any weapon in history....and the anti simply WANTS it.

If that wasn't it....then it's really all just about a 2 to 4 second pause to change mags???? Really?

Actually even in a very controlled target shooting practice it is often far longer than that. Throw in a high stress situation and well it is going to happen much more often. I've provided many examples. Try to stay honest...

That's why your video is title "epic fail". A reload should never take more than 4 seconds. If it does...you don't train enough. Push a button. Grab a plastic stick. Shove it in a hole. Done.

Don't you think it makes sense to set a reasonable limit to fire rate and ammo capacity? Isn't that just common sense?

Sure that's fair, that's the debate that should be had. Set up reasonable standards. Tighten the screws with what we can control in the legal market and then develop strategies to combat the OTHER problem which is the illegal market

You can not slow down the rate of fire to less than a person can shoot one shot at a time because if this is done then an attacker can take advantage of this lag to kill an innocent person who is defending themselves

I don't know... if the decision were up to me I'd analize the various options and make a smart decision. That's what I hope congress will do as well.
The videos posted earlier of the girl with the bumpstock is a joke. Totally unnessessary

They should be able to intelligently tell me if the AR-15 Pistol is still an "Assault Weapon"....though....in fairness...I bet most of them didn't even know such a gun existed. AR-15 Pistol??? It's not an oxymoron.
There are no assault weapons available to the general public, no matter how dangerous they mitght look. All semi auto's shoot only one round at a time.
What do you call a gun that can kill 49 and injure over 50 in minutes? Mass killing gun?

The gun Mateen used shoots no faster than any other semi auto. That said how many semi auto's and full auto's have you shot? Do you even know what semi auto means? If the gun he used is banned, then all rifles have to be banned, and if they are not available then shotguns will be used so they have to be banned as well, then the perfect design of the founding fathers is scrapped.

I own and have shot many guns. What do you call a gun that killed 49 and injured over 50 in minutes? Only mass killer need high capacity magazines. Stop arming them so well.
High capacity magazines are illegal, are you saying that it took him 50 minutes to shoot 49 people? Well dude for the record an assault weapon could shoot 100 people in one minute easy. That is the difference Son.

No it was less than 5 minutes and armed he did it while armed security tried to stop him. The problem is 49 dead and over 50 injured is too many no matter what you call the gun. It is a mass killing weapon.

I just wish Libs would be honest and just come out with it already....
You don't want anyone to have guns...because government will protect all of us and we really don't need to have them.

That has been said enough that gun nuts believe it's true, but it's not.

So....what I'm seeing in a pretty fair debate here is the anti gun crowd says rate of fire and magazine capacity are what dictates assault weapon.

Well...an AR has the same rate of fire as an old revolver. 1 trigger pull = 1 shot. It doesn't shoot any faster than that. Full auto??? Rare and excessively expensive. Those aren't really in this debate.

So....its down to magazine capacity.

If I have a 15 round mag (standard police) as opposed to a 30....what difference does it make? I can change a mag in under 2 seconds on a good day. No more than 4 seconds ever.

So....all this legislation is to create a 4 second gap...at best...in the shooting???

Really?? Thats not gonna change shit. VA Tech killed 33 with a pistol and changed mags.

I truly think this is just symbolic. The AR15 symbolizes American gun rights better than any weapon in history....and the anti simply WANTS it.

If that wasn't it....then it's really all just about a 2 to 4 second pause to change mags???? Really?

Actually even in a very controlled target shooting practice it is often far longer than that. Throw in a high stress situation and well it is going to happen much more often. I've provided many examples. Try to stay honest...

That's why your video is title "epic fail". A reload should never take more than 4 seconds. If it does...you don't train enough. Push a button. Grab a plastic stick. Shove it in a hole. Done.

Yet I found a ton of epic fails. Whether it should not take that long doesn't matter. Fact is it often does. And it does that under no stress in practice situations. Add stress and make the shooter reload often and they will happen a lot.

No it was less than 5 minutes and armed he did it while armed security tried to stop him. The problem is 49 dead and over 50 injured is too many no matter what you call the gun. It is a mass killing weapon.
Why are you not asking why Obama's decrees took this man off of the watch list, which allowed him to buy guns?

Ah if it was 5 minutes why did you say 50? You making stuff up as u go huh

Why are you not asking why Obama's decrees took this man off of the watch list, which allowed him to buy guns?

You don't read very well. I said killed 49 and injured over 50 in minutes.

An assault weapon is a firearm that uses a semi automatic firing system. An assault weapon is a firearm equipped with a large capacity ammunition clip. Weapons American should have access to include revolvers, bolt action rifles and pump action shotguns.

These are weapons designed for sport and self defense.

Meanwhile, gun lovers, indifferent to the havoc of gun violence, will set little technical traps. Much as the NRA and their paid Republican lackeys did during the debate on the expired Assault Weapons ban. They behaved like North Koreans at a peace conference; arguing over the shape of the conference table, the height of flag poles, the seating arraingments. The NRA and their paid lackeys argued flash suppressors, grips and cosmetics. But not the reality of the situation, the firing system and the sustainable rate of fire. The reasons we suffer from "mass" shootings, emphasis on 'mass'.

Here's an analogy: there was a deadly arson. News reports stated that the arsonist used 92 octane gasoline. Later, after a thorough investigation, it was determined that the accelerant was actually 87 octane gasoline. Gear heads everywhere claimed that the news media and the critics of the arson were idiots due to the mistake. But they ignore the fact of the deadly arson, content to argue minutiae instead.

So rather than show photos of rifles and pose the gear head inspired questions about which weapon is deadlier, let's focus on the grizzly fact of mass shootings and what makes mass shootings possible: the semi automatic firing system and the large capacity ammunition clip.

Anything else is picking fly shit out of ground pepper. Focusing on the real problem will bring real results. Unless, of course, you believe your right to own an assault weapon trumps public safety concerns.

No one can responsibly say they absolutely need to use a semi automatic fitted with a twenty round clip for self defense, in spite of any cinematic fantasies you might harbor.

Last edited:

You do not comprehend what a real assault rifle is at all,

You still can not grasp that an assault rifle can fire at least 800 rounds per minute, so the rifle used was a semi auto that looks like an assault rifle. Something you have never shot, so you know nothing about it.

Now why are you not outraged that Obamas purge decree allowed Mateen to buy guns?

Because the answer tells the truth, that is why

An assault weapon is a firearm that uses a semi automatic firing system. An assault weapon is a firearm equipped with a large capacity ammunition clip. Weapons American should have access to include revolvers, bolt action rifles and pump action shotguns.

Meanwhile, gun lovers, indifferent to the havoc of gun violence, will set little technical traps. Much as the NRA and their paid Republican lackeys did during the debate on the expired Assault Weapons ban. They behaved like North Koreans at a peace conference; arguing over the shape of the conference table, the height of flag poles, the seating arraingments. The NRA and their paid lackeys argued flash suppressors, grips and cosmetics. But not the reality of the situation, the firing system and the sustainable rate of fire. The reasons we suffer from "mass" shootings, emphasis on 'mass'.

Here's an analogy: there was a deadly arson. News reports stated that the arsonist used 92 octane gasoline. Later, after a thorough investigation, it was determined that the accelerant was actually 87 octane gasoline. Gear heads everywhere claimed that neither the news media nor critics of the arson were idiots due to the mistake. But they ignore the fact of the deadly arson, content to argue minutiae instead.

So rather than show photos of rifles and pose the gear head inspired questions about which weapon is deadlier, let's focus on the grizzly fact of mass shootings and what makes mass shootings possible, the semi,automatic firing system and the large capacity ammunition clip.

Anything else is picking fly shit out of ground pepper. Focusing on the real problem will bring real results. Unless, of course, you believe your right to own an,assault weapon trumps public safety concerns.

No one can responsibly say they absolutely need to use a semi automatic fitted with a twenty round clip for self defense, in spite of any cinematic fantasies you might harbor.

While there are many, many examples of mass shooters and gang bangers using high capacity magazines, any examples of a defender actually needing a high cap mag seem to not exist. In fact the gun nuts will tell you like 99.999% of defenses don't involve shooting at all.

What you are really doing with these "reasonable" limits is trying to limit the carnage. The better question would be, what is the amount of carnage per incident that the gun grabbers are willing to accept? 10, 15, 20?

Mark

Here's an analogy: there was a deadly arson. News reports stated that the arsonist used 92 octane gasoline. Later, after a thorough investigation, it was determined that the accelerant was actually 87 octane gasoline. Gear heads everywhere claimed that neither the news media nor critics of the arson were idiots due to the mistake. But they ignore the fact of the deadly arson, content to argue minutiae instead.

So rather than show photos of rifles and pose the gear head inspired questions about which weapon is deadlier, let's focus on the grizzly fact of mass shootings and what makes mass shootings possible, the semi,automatic firing system and the large capacity ammunition clip.

Anything else is picking fly shit out of ground pepper. Focusing on the real problem will bring real results. Unless, of course, you believe your right to own an,assault weapon trumps public safety concerns.

While there are many, many examples of mass shooters and gang bangers using high capacity magazines, any examples of a defender actually needing a high cap mag seem to not exist. In fact the gun nuts will tell you like 99.999% of defenses don't involve shooting at all.
99.999 percent of defenses do not involve shooting at all, has there ever been an attack on an NRA meeting in Texas?

You still can not grasp that an assault rifle can fire at least 800 rounds per minute, so the rifle used was a semi auto that looks like an assault rifle. Something you have never shot, so you know nothing about it.

Now why are you not outraged that Obamas purge decree allowed Mateen to buy guns?

You cannot comprehend very well. The shooter killed 49 and injured over 50 in just minutes. I don't care what you call the gun it is a mass killing weapon and you are helping terrorists by letting them legally buy them. We need magazine capacity limits.

You cannot comprehend very well. The shooter killed 49 and injured over 50 in just minutes. I don't care what you call the gun it is a mass killing weapon and you are helping terrorists by letting them legally buy them. We need magazine capacity limits.

Again I did not let this shooter buy his gun, Obama did by his purge decree. Sad but true

99.999 percent of defenses do not involve shooting at all, has there ever been an attack on an NRA meeting in Texas?

Do you have a point?

Again I did not let this shooter buy his gun, Obama did by his purge decree. Sad but true

Republicans let him buy it. We used to have an assault rifle ban and 10 rd magazine limit. The repubs got rid of that and well armed terrorists.

Forum List

Back