🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Horrible news for Republicans in 2018

Dems hold a 48 point lead among voters under age 35? Doesn't bode well for the future of the Republican Party does it? :cool:

WASHINGTON — Fresh off their victory in Alabama’s special Senate election, Democrats now enjoy their largest advantage in congressional preference in nine years, according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, signaling a dangerous political environment for Republicans entering next year’s midterm elections.

Fifty percent of registered voters say they prefer a Democratic-controlled Congress, versus 39 percent who want Republicans in charge.

In this most recent poll, Democrats hold a whopping 48-point lead in congressional preference among voters ages 18-34 (69 percent to 21 percent), a 20-point lead among female voters (54 percent to 34 percent) and a 12-point lead among independent voters (43 percent to 31 percent).

The NBC/WSJ poll also shows Democrats with the intensity advantage, with 59 percent of Democratic voters saying they have a high level of interest in next year’s elections (registering either a 9 or 10 on a 10-point scale), versus 49 percent of Republican voters saying the same thing.​

Poll: Dems hold biggest lead in congressional preference since 2008
Remember in 2008 how the Republican Party was dead? Yeah me too.

It was and still is it's just something has taken over from you far far out right, but it's not a true republican.

Must be the new norm.

It beat Hillary.

Dems hold a 48 point lead among voters under age 35? Doesn't bode well for the future of the Republican Party does it? :cool:

WASHINGTON — Fresh off their victory in Alabama’s special Senate election, Democrats now enjoy their largest advantage in congressional preference in nine years, according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, signaling a dangerous political environment for Republicans entering next year’s midterm elections.

Fifty percent of registered voters say they prefer a Democratic-controlled Congress, versus 39 percent who want Republicans in charge.

In this most recent poll, Democrats hold a whopping 48-point lead in congressional preference among voters ages 18-34 (69 percent to 21 percent), a 20-point lead among female voters (54 percent to 34 percent) and a 12-point lead among independent voters (43 percent to 31 percent).

The NBC/WSJ poll also shows Democrats with the intensity advantage, with 59 percent of Democratic voters saying they have a high level of interest in next year’s elections (registering either a 9 or 10 on a 10-point scale), versus 49 percent of Republican voters saying the same thing.​

I think a lot of this will depend on whether or not the GOP's tax plan passes and then actually does what they claim it will. If the midterms were held today, I agree the Republicans would be toast, but a lot can change over the course of a year.

Millennials are in the process of taking control of the democratic party. Once that happens the fascist party will be spending most of the time in their safespace.

I think a lot of this will depend on whether or not the GOP's tax plan passes and then actually does what they claim it will. If the midterms were held today, I agree the Republicans would be toast, but a lot can change over the course of a year.

Yeah, totally agree. But the numbers in those polls are really interesting. Women +20, under 35 +48 - and +10 on enthusiasm level are not numbers I remember seeing less than 11 months out from an election.

Pretty sure that the jury will still be out on GOP tax plan OTHER than millions starting to lose their health insurance. THAT won't go well in Trumplandia, where they don't know what's about to hit 'em.

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood
new NBC/WSJ poll: Democrats now hold largest advantage over Republicans in preference for Congress since 2008 - 50%-39%

Yes, the little boy and poll deniers have arrived to laugh at perfectly good polls.
Gonna be fun watching y'all circle the drain!
:woohoo:
Said everyone who thought Hillary would win the election. You wouldn't happen to know the definition of insanity, would you?

Yes, I heard those predictions all through 2016 and actually thought they might come true.

I certainly was not a fan of the Orange Fungus...but I voted for him anyway.

And guess what ?

Young people despised Hillary and that is largely why they didn't turn out as expected. She was a horrid candidate and well you know - Comey and Russia happened.

But sure I'll guess what - You are complicit in this International FUBAR.

Sad :(

Yes, I heard those predictions all through 2016 and actually thought they might come true.

I certainly was not a fan of the Orange Fungus...but I voted for him anyway.

And guess what ?

Young people despised Hillary and that is largely why they didn't turn out as expected. She was a horrid candidate and well you know - Comey and Russia happened.

But sure I'll guess what - You are complicit in this International FUBAR.

Sad :(
Blaming a myth doesn't change that the polls were wrong. Besides, most of her supporters knew they were voting for a criminal to start with, Comey pointing it out didn't change anyone's mind.

Yes, the little boy and poll deniers have arrived to laugh at perfectly good polls.
Gonna be fun watching y'all circle the drain!

Just realize that if/when ballots stop worki for Conservatives we'll switch over to bullets instead.

Awesome, you do that. It'll be fun to watch.
Better be careful - Trump hasn't managed to fire all 100,000 or so of his intel personnel.
They watch what nuts like you have to say about " second amendment remedies".

Speaking of which: Yippee - she's running again! :cool-45:

quote-i-m-hoping-that-we-re-not-getting-to-second-amendment-remedies-i-hope-the-vote-will-sharron-angle-52-95-14.jpg

Last edited:
Millennials are in the process of taking control of the democratic party. Once that happens the fascist party will be spending most of the time in their safespace.

No. Conservatives will spend tbat time at the reloading bench and the range, until the real shooting starts

Last edited:
Awesome, you do that. It'll be fun to watch.
Better be careful - Trump hasn't managed to fire all 100,000 or so of his intel personnel.
They watch what nuts like you have to say about "1st amendment remedies".

My FBI file is probably at least 6" thick at this point. I shoot with half a dozen of the local Special Agents, so they know me quite well.

All Trump did was buy us a little time before we go Venezuela under Progressive leadership. In any event, after Dubya and Obama got through shredding the Constitution, what difference does it make?

Do democrats understand that it's not "news" if it is yet to happen? It's wishful thinking. Two years ago the same polls had Hillary with a 98% chance to win the election.

Forum List

Back