Horror at largest solar farm in Mojave Desert frys birds flying over

I would expect you to be an expert on hypocrisy, you do it so well.

You could have just admitted making an error about what you thought people said. It would have been no biggie. Alas, most conservatives, not having figured out the whole grownup thing, are pathologically incapable of admitting error. Hence, when caught in an error, they almost always get hysterical, and from there cross the line into just making shit up.

So, take a lesson from this humiliation. In the future, either just admit you screwed up, or say nothing at all. A whole string of rants is just so not the way to go.

So it is an order of magnitude now, is it? You side kills fewer birds, etc...the other side kills more, therefore the other side is badder than your side?

Essentially, yes. Like I said, tradeoffs. Some birds gotta die for us to have technology, so minimize the damage.

It's a grownup thing, hence I know you'll have trouble with it.

Dude, get you story straight..either it is a bad thing to kill, or it isn't. Just because you kill fewer animals does not make you a nicer kind of guy. You are still a murderer.

Oh, you're a PETA freak. That kind of explains things.

So it is an order of magnitude now, is it? You side kills fewer birds, etc...the other side kills more, therefore the other side is badder than your side?

Essentially, yes. Like I said, tradeoffs. Some birds gotta die for us to have technology, so minimize the damage.

It's a grownup thing, hence I know you'll have trouble with it.

Dude, get you story straight..either it is a bad thing to kill, or it isn't. Just because you kill fewer animals does not make you a nicer kind of guy. You are still a murderer.

Oh, you're a PETA freak. That kind of explains things.

Here's a tradeoff I can stand behind...some humans have to die to save birds, to save humans. Where's your sense of personal commitment?
And yes, I am all for PETA: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals. Is that a problem for you?

Last edited:
Here's a tradeoff I can stand behind...some humans have to die.to save birds, to save humans. Where's your sense of personal commitment?

So I take you're volunteering to off yourself? After all, it's your suggestion. If you're demanding that other people sacrifice themselves for you, that doesn't reflect well on you.

And yes, I am all for PETA: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals. Is that a problem for you?

Wait. You just told us killing animals was murder and always totally wrong. Now you say killing animals is okay in some circumstances.

Do you have even a single moral that isn't a relative moral which flips and flops at your convenience? That's why you get so unhinged at us liberals, of course, since you know how bad we make you look. The shining light of our absolute morality causes you physical pain, like sunlight burning a vampire.

(And by the way, neg-bullying might work against conservatives, but liberals are made of sterner stuff. We just laugh at share it with everyone.)

Here's a tradeoff I can stand behind...some humans have to die.to save birds, to save humans. Where's your sense of personal commitment?

So I take you're volunteering to off yourself? After all, it's your suggestion. If you're demanding that other people sacrifice themselves for you, that doesn't reflect well on you.

Wait. You just told us killing animals was murder and always totally wrong. Now you say killing animals is okay in some circumstances.

Do you have even a single moral that isn't a relative moral which flips and flops at your convenience? That's why you get so unhinged at us liberals, of course, since you know how bad we make you look. The shining light of our absolute morality causes you physical pain, like sunlight burning a vampire.

(And by the way, neg-bullying might work against conservatives, but liberals are made of sterner stuff. We just laugh at share it with everyone.)

Sure you do admiral :lol:....you forget, I get to see the back side and all of the whining you do when you get negged. Seriously dude, you're becoming as truth challenged as truthiness.

you forget, I get to see the back side and all of the whining you do when you get negged.

What does this mean? What "back side" do you get to see and why do you get to see it? Are you talking about information to which you have access as a moderator? You certainly seem to be talking about things to which you have access that the rest of us do not. What would that be?

Mamooth, do you know what he is talking about?

Last edited:
In support of my observation that the widely obtuse angle at which reflected sunlight approaches the collection towers would prevent dangerous intensity levels from forming anywhere outside the immediate proximity of the collectors, here is a better picture of the Ivanpah facility.

23rl7r8.jpg

you forget, I get to see the back side and all of the whining you do when you get negged.

What does this mean? What "back side" do you get to see and why do you get to see it? Are you talking about information to which you have access as a moderator? You certainly seem to be talking about things to which you have access that the rest of us do not. What would that be?

I'd really like some answers here.

Not at all, why should I? After all, you're the one with your panties in a bunch about all the "human caused" environmental damage...well, unless your guys are doing it, then it's all good 'cause y'all only have the best intentions. Oh, and I'm not demanding anything, just challenging you and your ilk to demonstrate your deep, personal commitment to alleviating the damage done by humanity to Earth. Guess I'll be waiting, won't I because you really aren't that committed.

Where exactly did you read all that?

My turds have more morals than people like you. Talk about flip-flops, again, I guess you'd know because you really are good at it. When your version of "morality" pains me, I'll let you know.

Just to let you know, you are very special. The neg rep I've shared since I have been here could probably be counted on one hand.

Mamooth doesn't know what Mamooth is talking about most of the time, you really shouldn't challenge him/her/it so cruelly.

Mamooth doesn't know what Mamooth is talking about most of the time, you really shouldn't challenge him/her/it so cruelly.

Westwall seems to think he knows.

I do repost all the neg rep comments I get on the "Neg rep comments to be laughed at" thread in The Flame Zone. The more bitter the better, since that earns me a lot of pos rep from that thread.

Thus, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that's what he's talking about. It takes two to have a pissing match, hence why I make an effort to ignore most of his stuff.

I'll also stop playing poke-the-loony with gallantwarrior now, since that game loses amusement value quickly.

Do you have reading comprehension problems or did you skip by the info posted that showed POSTERS THAT BASICALLY DON'T CARE.....................................

You're just making stuff up now. Which is normal behavior for conservatives who can't address the issue. And like most conservatives, you know green energy kills fewer birds than fossil fuels, but you still push for more fossil fuels, resulting in maximum bird deaths.

So why do conservatives favor policies that maximize bird deaths? I've theorized they have an insatiable thirst for birdie blood, and that they collect all the dead birds and use them in their sick secret rituals. What else could explain the strange conservative desire for ever more little birdie corpses? If you see them get upset about this, it's because they're angry at being exposed.

I've worked around plants and industry and quite frankly I'm just not seeing all the birds dying......................If your point was valid then I should see dead birds all around and I'm not seeing it.

I've posted the data of the bird deaths due to wind. Where is your data to back up your claim.

Forum List

Back