House bill: “Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act" passes in GOP controlled House

The fact is that few transgenders compete in women's sports. For example, in Michigan, only 10 people applied to participate in a sport different from their birth sex. Utah's Republican governor pointed out that there is 1 transgender person participating in women's sports.

"Utah Gov. Spencer Cox made an emotional plea for compassion toward transgender youth Tuesday in explaining his decision to veto a bill banning transgender students from playing girls' sports.

In a letter to the state's Senate president and House speaker, Cox told his fellow Republicans that he was moved by data showing that among 75,000 kids playing high school sports in Utah, only four were transgender, with just one involved in girls sports.

"Four kids and only one of them playing girls sports. That’s what all of this is about. Four kids who aren’t dominating or winning trophies or taking scholarships. Four kids who are just trying to find some friends and feel like they are a part of something. Four kids trying to get through each day," he wrote. "Rarely has so much fear and anger been directed at so few."

Cox also cited research on how a sense of belonging could reduce suicide rates among transgender youth, adding that while he struggled to understand "conflicting" science, he sought to employ kindness.

"I don't understand what they are going through or why they feel the way they do. But I want them to live. And all the research shows that even a little acceptance and connection can reduce suicidality significantly," Cox wrote."

"
This has no bearing on what is right and wrong.
Pretend women with their mental disorder should not participate in women's sports. It's a no brainer.
XX-XY

You have noted two instances. Thats less than my car bro.
Zinc, I could go farther, but I'm not going to waste my time on something
that is so obvious.
You are in favor of pretend women having an equal playing field with WOMEN.
Why not have the pretend women compete with MEN, you know....the gender that
they are in reality?
You seem to lack common sense

Cool. You have cited TWO instances. Thats half your average elevator.
There are more, you do your own homework, son.
Sadly, with you, that is not the issue. You want to pretend that the pretend
women are real women.
Would you date one if you were single? If not, why not? Hmmmm? :eusa_whistle:

There are more, you do your own homework, son.
Sadly, with you, that is not the issue. You want to pretend that the pretend
women are real women.
Would you date one if you were single? If not, why not? Hmmmm? :eusa_whistle:
If there are more, show your work. How many are there? Give us a number. For example there are 15,000 female swimmers in the NCAA. How many Trans swimmers in the NCAA?

Republicans - creating crises where none exists, passing a law women don't want, while refusing to pass the ones they do - like child care access, paid maternity leave, and abortion rights.

Let us know when Republicans codify the right to abortion.

Typical Dimocrat. It's fine with you that biological men will be beating up on women in women's sports. Yep, you're a typical Dimocrat of today.

Forum List

Back