House Bill to Lower Insulin Costs PASSES - 193 GOPers Voted AGAINST it - Just 12 Voted FOR

Affordable for people who need it to live.

1. United States — $98.70
  2. Chile — $21.48
  3. Mexico — $16.48
  4. Japan — $14.40
  5. Switzerland — $12.46
  6. Canada — $12.00
  7. Germany — $11.00
  8. Korea — $10.30
  9. Luxembourg — $10.15
  10. Italy — $10.03.
uh-huh....And how much of that cost is due to federal meddling?....How much of the cost in other countries is subsidized?

Real easy th trow numbers aroiund with no underlying context.

It's working in other countries so maybe we are just failures here?
Our govt being a failure? Yes.
Why cant we import from canada? A vial of insulin in canada cost an average of 35 bucks. Here, it is $250.
Your beef is with them and the big pharma they "protect." Not the market.

uh-huh....And how much of that cost is due to federal meddling?....How much of the cost in other countries is subsidized?

Real easy th trow numbers aroiund with no underlying context.

The statement was that the answer to lower costs is free markets. I note that these other countries do not have free markets and the costs are low so...........................

Our govt being a failure? Yes.
Why cant we import from canada?

We should be able to.

A vial of insulin in canada cost an average of 35 bucks. Here, it is $250.
Your beef is with them and the big pharma they "protect." Not the market.

I've condemned those who have voted against that every time it comes up. I've noted how Cory Booker is scum for voting against that despite claiming he wants lower costs.

What you CAN invent is a synthetic version of the naturally-occurring substance, however. The naturally-occurring insulins from dogs and pigs that we used prior to 1978 caused allergic reactions in some people.
The researchers did not. That came along 48 years later.

I am am allergic to the synthetic "long acting" insulin you are supposed to takes at night. Oh, well!

So you are barking up a non existent tree.
Lebowski.gif

The measure would cap insulin costs at $35 a month for consumers enrolled in both private health insurance plans and Medicare. Currently, based on the patient’s condition and choice of treatments, costs can range from $334 to $1,000 a month for insulin, according to a 2020 Kaiser Family Foundation report.

This is a really good bill. If you know any Diabetics - it is a very expensive and unfair lifestyle. Those poor people pay a truckload for treatment. Anything to help their burden is great.

193 GOPers voted against it of course. Thoughts?
Get me a copy of the entire bill including the numerous poison pills in it....and then I will tell you my opinion. Off hand I would like to see Insulin cheaper...but I don't want to make it OK to rape 5 year old kids at the same time...which is probably somewhere in the bill if Democrats wrote it.

JO

Give it a minute til it's discovered what pork was stuffed into it to show why repubs objected.
Yeah in the fine print:

Be it so declared that upon the passage of this bill that the age of consent for sexual penetration of both male and female student in any and all public schools located within the jurisdiction of the Federal Department of Education is solely at the discretion of the pederast teaching staff and may be legally concealed from the parents thereof.

You just know if you read the whole thing you're going to find something equivalent to this.

JO

The only thing I can figure is that the dems folded something else into the Bill the gop found repugnant.

I don't care enough to investigate though.
Lol the sheer denial you people show while defending the GOP is so pitiful.

Lol the sheer denial you people show while defending the GOP is so pitiful.

As I noted, Cory Booker helped kill the bill that would have allowed people to purchase low cost drugs out of Canada. There is no good players here.

The measure would cap insulin costs at $35 a month for consumers enrolled in both private health insurance plans and Medicare. Currently, based on the patient’s condition and choice of treatments, costs can range from $334 to $1,000 a month for insulin, according to a 2020 Kaiser Family Foundation report.

This is a really good bill. If you know any Diabetics - it is a very expensive and unfair lifestyle. Those poor people pay a truckload for treatment. Anything to help their burden is great.

193 GOPers voted against it of course. Thoughts?
What else was in the bill?

My experience is that there's always something objectionable that dems try to slide through, so they can hammer Republicans when they object..

What else was in the bill?

My experience is that there's always something objectionable that dems try to slide through, so they can hammer Republicans when they object..

Well, you can start here. It's usually a good place to find out what Republicans are actually saying, as opposed to what the mainstream media is reporting about them. It looks like their major objection really is the concerns about price controls, lack of addressing the core problem, and shifting the cost.

Forum List

Back