House Democrats Voted Against This

On the surface, it seems like good legislation
What do you have to lose?

My only concern is it opens the door to every charlitan and snake oil salesman to exploit the last hopes of the dying
Cant expect perfection.
At least people have a choice. Thats what matters..

Yea...but at what cost?
Insurance will not pay for experimental procedures

Would you give your life savings for an unproven therapy with little chance of success?
Dude, i am about to die. Why wouldnt i?
Unless i was like 80..lol

Probably a good thing. Could be beneficial to terminal patients where conventional treatments have failed. On the other hand, it could be opening the door for unscrupulous businesses to sell ( at a great profit) quack remedies to desperate people with nothing to lose except their life savings.
I've seen this very thing. I used to run a non-profit and there are indeed some real fucking scumbags out there who try to take advantage of the terminally ill. I've seen it first hand.

They figure by the time the victim figures out there were scammed out of thousands and thousands of dollars, the victim will be dead.

Somebody explain why they're needed again?

"The so-called Right to Try Act of 2017, sponsored by Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., unanimously passed the Senate last August, and cleared the House last week on a party-line vote of 250-169 ..."

Trump signs 'Right to Try,' says it will save 'tremendous number of lives'
The Left stand for death. There is not a topic where the left do not side with death. Even the death penalty - they want mass murderers to be able to continue their hobby.

With every life saved, hospitals should have to pay a carbon tax.

Probably a good thing. Could be beneficial to terminal patients where conventional treatments have failed. On the other hand, it could be opening the door for unscrupulous businesses to sell ( at a great profit) quack remedies to desperate people with nothing to lose except their life savings.
I've seen this very thing. I used to run a non-profit and there are indeed some real fucking scumbags out there who try to take advantage of the terminally ill. I've seen it first hand.

They figure by the time the victim figures out there were scammed out of thousands and thousands of dollars, the victim will be dead.
It's the only downside I see to this bill and the only reason I'm suspicious. Repugs won't pass any legislation that doesn't involve someone making big bucks.

"The so-called Right to Try Act of 2017, sponsored by Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., unanimously passed the Senate last August, and cleared the House last week on a party-line vote of 250-169 ..."

Billy, the article says that the law has already been enacted by most of the States. The few that have not passed this law can presumably do so at the will of its people. So why do you want the Feds to get involved?

To cover the terminally ill people in the states that have not enacted it.

"My body, my choice." :113:
Well said! It just surprised me that a 'smaller government' Republican who admonishes regularly about the 'big brother' entrapment would support a federal legislation that 40 States have already done for themselves.

My only concern is it opens the door to every charlitan and snake oil salesman to exploit the last hopes of the dying
Cant expect perfection.

People already have that choice.

Why do you suppose this bill came to the Oval Office now and not between 2012 and 2016?
Liar. Drugs not approved by the FDA cannot just be handed to people. This bill simplifies the process.
Why do you hate people?

You are uninformed.

Cant expect perfection.

Yea...but at what cost?

Would you give your life savings for an unproven therapy with little chance of success?

Agree....that is why you would be willing to give everything you have to some charlitan

Cant expect perfection.

Yea...but at what cost?

Agree....that is why you would be willing to give everything you have to some charlitan
I would be willing to take that chance. Its this small chance or sure death.

Cant expect perfection.

Yea...but at what cost?

If Ears had signed this the left would be swooning.

Ignorant toads think we don't know better

Billy, the article says that the law has already been enacted by most of the States. The few that have not passed this law can presumably do so at the will of its people. So why do you want the Feds to get involved?

Well said! It just surprised me that a 'smaller government' Republican who admonishes regularly about the 'big brother' entrapment would support a federal legislation that 40 States have already done for themselves.

I'm not a Republican.

I AM however a bug about personal decisions that affect only the individual making it without the mandatory glorious benefit of government interference. This bill simply removes government interference.

I'm not a Republican.

I AM however a bug about personal decisions that affect only the individual making it without the mandatory glorious benefit of government interference. This bill simply removes government interference.

That's what burns the left...they can't tie their shoes without gummit assistance

Cant expect perfection.

Yea...but at what cost?

Crooked Donnie would have been better if he came up with a healthcare plan like he said he had

Yea...but at what cost?

Crooked Donnie would have been better if he came up with a healthcare plan like he said he had

Suits me fine if the government stays out of it after the Obunglescare disater. Sheesh what a fucked up mess

I'm not a Republican.

Not a Republican? I dunno, billy. You sure 'walk like a duck....' We're a couple of betweenies, aren't we? You lean right and I lean left but neither of us has both feet in either party.

Yea...but at what cost?

Got that right! The 'replace' part of 'repeal and replace' got lost somewhere.

Cant expect perfection.

Yea...but at what cost?

Nope.

Got that right! The 'replace' part of 'repeal and replace' got lost somewhere.

Saints be praised!!!!

I'm not a Republican.

Not a Republican? I dunno, billy. You sure 'walk like a duck....' We're a couple of betweenies, aren't we? You lean right and I lean left but neither of us has both feet in either party.

I lean American. My philosophies are the same as the Founders, having the same influence.

I'm not a Republican.

I lean American. My philosophies are the same as the Founders, having the same influence.

Please. Everyone's eyes are rolling downhill.

I'm not a Republican.

Please. Everyone's eyes are rolling downhill.

Then you people should cut back on your drinking.

Forum List

Back