House Dems propose national park on moon

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
So we've claimed the Moon as our national territory? I have no problem with that but i was unaware that we had. I could have sworn that we've let the UN have "rule" over space.

First the US would have to claim ownership, if I'm not mistaken there are already international treaties that prohibit that.

I think its a great idea. Even if it is just symbolic.....to drive the innovation and imagination of the future of space exploration.

There wont be any future in space exploration if we don't get our fiscal house in order. At least not as a national endevour. Private companies might do it though.

All moon dogs must be on a leash and poop must be returned to earth.

Attachments

• $moondoggy.jpg
    $moondoggy.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 63
I think its a great idea. Even if it is just symbolic.....to drive the innovation and imagination of the future of space exploration.

:clap2:

I wish politicians would go a step further than that and demand more investment in NASA; the most productive government agency ever created.

I thought Bush's moon pledge was a great move for the country... and Obama's destruction of the agency to be shameful.

We need to start reaching again.

There wont be any future in space exploration if we don't get our fiscal house in order. At least not as a national endevour. Private companies might do it though.

During the moon race and for decades after American scientists led the world in innovation. If we can rediscover our ambition and reward people for pursuing those goals we'll find ourselves in a much better position to put our fiscal house in order.

Why haven't we been to the moon in decades?

Is it possible that it's because we can't do it anymore?

Been there done that. It's like a lot of our scientific efforts. We've satisfied our curiosity and were #1. Now it's just another expensive trip (and we probably need permission from the wolrd community)

we could do it tomorrow if we wanted to.

And yet we don't.

And btw we couldn't do it tomorrow if we wanted to. It would take time to build a ship. It would take time to determine when the proper launch window would occur. It takes time to train a crew. It takes time to travel from the earth to the moon. You seriously don't think NASA just sits there and says, "Hey I know! Let's go to the moon tomorrow!" and they do it.

If we can do it still, then let's prove it and do it.

Been there done that. It's like a lot of our scientific efforts. We've satisfied our curiosity and were #1. Now it's just another expensive trip (and we probably need permission from the wolrd community)

my curiosity hasnt been satisfied. I want to know alot more. Perhaps there is a fuel source that could be viable on the moon. Perhaps there are things there that we havent been told. Etc.

It took thousands of years to explore planet earth and we are still learning new things about the world around us everyday. You seriously think we've explored every aspect of the moon in 1-2 decades?

we could do it tomorrow if we wanted to.

And yet we don't.

And btw we couldn't do it tomorrow if we wanted to. It would take time to build a ship. It would take time to determine when the proper launch window would occur. It takes time to train a crew. It takes time to travel from the earth to the moon. You seriously don't think NASA just sits there and says, "Hey I know! Let's go to the moon tomorrow!" and they do it.

If we can do it still, then let's prove it and do it.

thanks captain literal.....

UGH..

Forum List

Back