How About We Elect Our Presidents By Popular Vote?

No. The reason for the electoral college disappeared after the civil war. It serves no purpose now.

Another moron who knows nothing about his own country's government.

Seriously, if you morons had real arguments against the EC you would stop starting every post on the EC proving you know nothing about it. That Democrats are stupid is one thing, but the oddest thing is you're so damned proud of it

Dude, it could come to a point where 6-7 populated states elect a president and the rest of the country is along for a ride.
Don't try and out think the Founding Fathers, they are a lot smarter than you and me.
It's worse than that, six or seven CITIES would select a president. Even in the highly populated city states, most counties are conservative while the cities are liberal. Even in California, if electoral college votes were apportioned on the basis of who won each county, the five liberal counties (San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento) wouldn't have a chance against the rest of the state.

Not talking about eliminating the Electoral College here necessarily. Just bypassing it for the Presidential races. This is an initiative that's proven popular and non-partisan. Why do we still tolerate them only having to campaign in a few "swing" states?

Listen to a great discussion by clicking the play button at the bottom here:

You truly do not understand the concept of Electoral College, Mumblingnuts

Another moron who knows nothing about his own country's government.

Seriously, if you morons had real arguments against the EC you would stop starting every post on the EC proving you know nothing about it. That Democrats are stupid is one thing, but the oddest thing is you're so damned proud of it
Seriously, can’t you guys discuss any topic with without becoming the USMB equivalent of a Karen when someone disagrees with you?

Seriously, can’t you guys discuss any topic with without becoming the USMB equivalent of a Karen when someone disagrees with you?

I like it, from the guy who just said the Civil War ended that some States are bigger than others. You're a fucking moron

I like it, from the guy who just said the Civil War ended the existence of small States. You're a fucking moron
Seriously, where did you come up with that?
Wow..thanks for the belly laugh.

You should start discussing topic

It's perfectly clear why the Electoral College exists.

Seriously, where did you come up with that?
Wow..thanks for the belly laugh.

I realize you don't understand the discussion.

You said the Civil War ended the point of the EV. I said you didn't know what you were talking about and you obviously don't understand the EV or why it was created. You can stop proving me right now

Forum List

Back